Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → just got rear-ended in my truck
just got rear-ended in my truck
2008-05-31, 2:16 PM #1
I didn't have my camera with me..no pics; sorry. .(

I was driving South on Cottage St. in Littleton, and a red BMW was starting to pull out from a side street (Mt. Eustis Road - link). I had the right of way, being on the main street...but as the car was pulling out in front of me, I elected to stop rather than risk a collision.

So, I hit the brakes, feel ABS working properly, and see the car stop as well. We're both stopped, with him partially pulled out...and I feel a thud from the back of my truck. I was thinking that I didn't have much in my bed - it felt like a load shifted. I looked back, and didn't see anything at first - then looked again and could just see the roof of a car. Crap. The occupants of the other car were fine...my truck's tail was high (due to braking) and her car's front was low (due to braking), and she basically drove underneath my trailer hitch. Dented and scratched her hood up pretty bad, and damaged the drivers' side fender and corner light. No visible damage to my truck, and her car appeared to be drivable..so it could've been worse. :)

Cliffs: I love trailer hitches. :awesome:
woot!
2008-05-31, 2:18 PM #2
First gay experience?
nope.
2008-05-31, 2:20 PM #3
Originally posted by Baconfish:
First gay experience?

:downswords:
woot!
2008-05-31, 2:24 PM #4
Heyoooooooooo
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-05-31, 3:07 PM #5
Make sure that everything is OK. I had a similar experience where I rear-ended a BMW and there was no visible damage. However, the hook that held down the hood of my car got bent, and 3 weeks later the catch failed (On a windy day), and the hood of my car flew into my windshield on the highway.

Bad times.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-31, 3:08 PM #6
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Make sure that everything is OK. I had a similar experience where I rear-ended a BMW and there was no visible damage. However, the hook that held down the hood of my car got bent, and 3 weeks later the catch failed (On a windy day), and the hood of my car flew into my windshield on the highway.

Bad times.

That would suck!

She hit my trailer hitch- there isn't much else back there. Thanks for the tip, though. :)
woot!
2008-05-31, 3:24 PM #7
Originally posted by JLee:
That would suck!

She hit my trailer hitch- there isn't much else back there. Thanks for the tip, though. :)

Well, make sure she checks all of it >_>
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-31, 3:35 PM #8
:downswords:

Oh come on. It was a little funny.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-05-31, 3:54 PM #9
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Well, make sure she checks all of it >_>

Yeah..she definitely had some damage. Apparently her brother does body work, so hopefully it won't be too expensive for her to have it fixed.
woot!
2008-05-31, 3:59 PM #10
First gay experience?

First thing I thought of.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-05-31, 4:06 PM #11
Why is the first thing that comes to both of your minds buttsex?

I think you both need to go spend some alone time together in the closet with Vinny.
2008-05-31, 4:18 PM #12
Originally posted by Rob:
Why is the first thing that comes to both of your minds buttsex?

I think you both need to go spend some alone time together in the closet with Vinny.

Because nobody is getting pregnant that way.

Unless theres too much drippage.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-05-31, 7:16 PM #13
Hopefully you had your gun. :P
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-31, 7:22 PM #14
So can someone fill me in, here? Who pays? What was the resolution?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-05-31, 7:24 PM #15
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
So can someone fill me in, here?

Have you got a truck?

Oh god I feel filthy.
nope.
2008-05-31, 7:27 PM #16
...wow, what rapier wit. Hahaha
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-05-31, 9:24 PM #17
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Hopefully you had your gun. :P

I did, actually. Nobody knew except me, though. :)

Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
So can someone fill me in, here? Who pays? What was the resolution?

Her brother does body work- she was going to take care of the damage to her car. My truck wasn't damaged, so it doesn't bother me.
woot!
2008-05-31, 9:26 PM #18
First gay experience?

god damn it i was gonna say that
2008-05-31, 9:31 PM #19
Nobody knew except me, though. :) I did ... take care of ... her ... so it doesn't bother me.

Oh my God he killed the witnesses....
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-31, 9:31 PM #20
Originally posted by Uberslug:
god damn it i was gonna say that

Maybe you two should hook up. :ninja:
woot!
2008-05-31, 9:44 PM #21
Maybe you two should hook up. :ninja:

i hate you dum

EDOT; I'm not gay
2008-05-31, 11:04 PM #22
First gay experience?

moar like a fetish with a girl that likes to ram it in the back
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-01, 2:02 PM #23
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. I was waiting at a stop light to turn left. I get the advanced, start turning, and some ******* coming the other way runs his red light. I'm forced to stop in the middle of the intersection and lay on the horn, he just keeps driving. A couple of seconds later I feel the thump as the woman behind me rear ends me. We finish the turn and pull over to check out the damage. I had nothing noticeable (there was actually a small dent near my license plate but I didn't notice or care, don't recall which). Her whole front end was smashed up and hood was rolled up a bit. She'd definitely have to get her front fascia replaced.

Liability in that situation is all on her since she rear ended me. We didn't report it, though in hindsight we probably should have since you're supposed to if there's over $1000 damage and a new fascia would cost at least that.

Know what she asked me when we got out of our cars? "Why did you stop?". I asked her if she hadn't seen the moron running the red light or heard me laying on the horn, she said no. In a way I was kind of glad she had so much damage, serves her right for not paying attention.
2008-06-01, 9:37 PM #24
I too had a similar experience.

I was driving through campus a couple years ago when I had to slam on breaks for some airhead jaywalking and talking on her cellphone. I had my windows down so I honked my horn and called her a "nice" name. But that nice name turned into another work as I felt a pretty decent thump and hear some nice crunching. Looking in my mirrors I see a silver car, so I pull into the nearby parking lot and get out to assess damage. The faceplate that holds the wiring for my hitch was bent and my spinning propeller hitch cover was.... missing? Oh wait, I found it embedded in the foamy bumper of the girls silver Focus. Along with side fender damage, destroyed bumper, destroyed grille, and curling/bent/destroyed hood.

She starts freaking out about what she can do to hide it from her mom. I look at her and say "Good luck with that, now where is your insurance stuff?" Campus Security also showed up around this time. She calls her mom. The cop is filling out a insurance report...

Overall 5 grand damage to her. 100 bucks for my new hitch. Didn't want to chance my wiring to be messed up.

Chevy Trucks 1
Ford Cars 0
Atleast Fords circled the problem...
KABOOM YO!
2008-06-01, 10:55 PM #25
I don't really see how your story exposes a flaw in Ford's cars, but hey whatever you're into.
2008-06-01, 11:08 PM #26
they can't beat a truck's rear?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-02, 8:27 AM #27
Originally posted by Demon_Kitty:
Chevy Trucks 1
Ford Cars 0
Atleast Fords circled the problem...

The front end of a car is supposed to buckle?

If it doesn't it's a poorly designed car?
2008-06-02, 9:23 AM #28
That isn't a flaw, cars have a crumple zone to absorb the impact.
nope.
2008-06-02, 9:53 AM #29
I know I was asking questions to patronize the poster I quoted.

IE, I think they're dumb.
2008-06-02, 10:13 AM #30
My post wasn't directed at you.

:P
nope.
2008-06-02, 10:23 AM #31
wow, Demon_Kitty is a douche.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it would have gone the same if it was a Ford truck and a Chevy car.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-06-02, 10:28 AM #32
You guys have to remember I'm a redneck Chevy girl. XD
KABOOM YO!
2008-06-02, 10:30 AM #33
We do away with yer kind
2008-06-02, 10:31 AM #34
Originally posted by Demon_Kitty:
You guys have to remember I'm a redneck Chevy girl. XD

Yes yes, and you hate black people and guys with slanty eyes.

We've heard it all before.
2008-06-02, 10:46 AM #35
Yes yes, and you hate black people and guys with slanty eyes.

We've heard it all before.

And you hate everyone who was ever born. Your point being?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2008-06-02, 10:51 AM #36
FORD = Found On Road Dead :downswords:

Oh wait every chevrolet i've ever seen has either been brand new and hideous or 3 years old and falling apart...unless it was made in the 70s.

But this is about people wrecking their cars into your own...I sideswiped a convertible just after I got my license in my old ford explorer...I found some paint on the edges of my fenders that might have been hers, but the entire side of her car was crushed and scraped, she couldn't open her door. I felt horrible until she got out and promptly revealed herself to be a *****. Even the cop who she called said she was after she left. So now I am pretty proud of ruining her day and her lame car. I look back on it fondly.
Warhead[97]
2008-06-02, 10:53 AM #37
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
And you hate everyone who was ever born. Your point being?

Atleast I'm not prejudice about it!
2008-06-02, 11:03 AM #38
Atleast I'm not prejudice about it!

And where did she show prejudice? Just so, you know, we're on the same page here.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2008-06-02, 11:10 AM #39
"redneck"
2008-06-02, 11:11 AM #40
sooo... She's prejudiced against herself? Because she called herself a redneck.
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!