Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your education level/concentration
Post your education level/concentration
2008-06-03, 6:04 PM #1
I'm sure we've had one of these before, but I forget, and if we can have a billion post-your-desktop threads, we can have an extra one of these to satisfy my curiosity.

I'm now a college graduate, with a Bachelor of Arts in Media and Communication Studies with a minor in Writing (creative writing). Woo!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-06-03, 6:16 PM #2
I have a BS is Natural Resource Management. Currently working on a Firefighter I certificate.
Pissed Off?
2008-06-03, 6:17 PM #3
I'm a college graduate with a BS in Information Technology and a minor in CS.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-06-03, 6:29 PM #4
Whenever I end up finishing school I'll have a bachelor of science in software engineering, with concentrations in artificial intelligence and psychology.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-06-03, 6:32 PM #5
About to graduate from high school. Plans after that are to go to a school and get a 1600 ton captains license, and drive harbor tugboats. Yep.

o.0
2008-06-03, 6:43 PM #6
Junior in college

I'm a communications major (film/video) with a concentration in screenwriting as well as an english minor.
Think while it's still legal.
2008-06-03, 6:46 PM #7
Sophomore, Majoring in Economics
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-06-03, 6:52 PM #8
Second to third year undergrad in Mathematical Engineering.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-06-03, 6:57 PM #9
Originally posted by Emon:
with concentrations in artificial intelligence and psychology.

I see where this is going... :ninja:

BS in CS here.
2008-06-03, 6:59 PM #10
Graduating high school in 3 days, and going to college to major in architecture.
DO NOT WANT.
2008-06-03, 7:09 PM #11
Rising senior (wow) with a double major: Marketing Communication and Music (with a vocal performance emphasis)

oh and by rising senior I mean I'll be getting a BA

I hope to get a masters degree at some point, but I think I'm going to take off a few years and work to save up for it. Also, most masters programs want you to have work experience.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-06-03, 8:38 PM #12
Just graduated thi past december with a BA in Graphic Design.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2008-06-03, 8:40 PM #13
Starting school this year, Applied Aviation Maintenance Sciences
2008-06-03, 8:56 PM #14
I will be entering my 4th year of college (of 5). I am working on a BBA in Management Information Systems. In addition, thanks to how my school's College of Business works, I will have a minor in Music, History, and Computer and Information Technology.
2008-06-03, 9:52 PM #15
Graduating this month with a BA in Political Science and International Studies from Northwestern, starting my JD at Texas Law in August.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-03, 10:09 PM #16
BS in CS (with concentrations in operating systems and programming languages if I remember correctly), BA in math, minor in Physics, working on a MS in EE (which I will never finish at my current pace).
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2008-06-03, 10:16 PM #17
Junior at Oklahoma State University, working on a BS in Fire Protection and Safety Technology...if I can, I might minor in emergency management.
Warhead[97]
2008-06-03, 10:17 PM #18
Can I has structural/civil Engineering Masters?

Oh I can? Rockcellent.
2008-06-03, 10:22 PM #19
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
...starting my JD at Texas Law..

So you are going to study guns? :v:

Me, sophomore in Architecture.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-06-03, 10:30 PM #20
Originally posted by - Tony -:
Second to third year undergrad in Mathematical Engineering.

what is this?

BS in Chemical Engineering, concentration in biotechnology. In 4 years, it'll be a PhD in Chemical Engineering. Probably should have gone straight to industry though, considering it gives one of the highest (if not the highest) median starting salary among all college undergrad degrees, and Big Petrol is hiring like a mofo.

Had a chance to get a compsci degree from CMU but I heard the job situation for CS majors blows. True?
2008-06-03, 10:33 PM #21
Rising senior at Boston University with a BS in Business Administration, concentrating in Finance, International Management, and Management Information Systems.

ragna: Also had a chance to do that at CMU, but passed it up. Always wondered how that would have been. :P
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-06-03, 11:23 PM #22
Finnhighschool $_$

Not really planning to move on. Hooray for uneducation!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-06-03, 11:27 PM #23
I will be getting my BA in Psychology/English in December...but as that's pretty worthless, it's on to Nursing school from there (unless I can manage something better. >_>)
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2008-06-04, 12:01 AM #24
I dropped out of college and specifically plan on not going back
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-06-04, 1:03 AM #25
Rising college sophomore working towards a BS in Economics with concentrations in Finance and maybe Marketing or something else, and BS in Engineering with major in CS

Edit: Gris I didn't know you go to BU
//I go to the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School for the business degree and School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (obviously) for the engineering degree
一个大西瓜
2008-06-04, 1:35 AM #26
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I dropped out of college and specifically plan on not going back

Did you (only) go to BSU?
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-06-04, 2:59 AM #27
Masters degree in Physics - Queen Mary College, University of London.
Currently in my 2nd year of an Experimental Particle Physics PhD at the same uni, although currently working out at Cern.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-06-04, 3:05 AM #28
BS in Biology
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2008-06-04, 3:25 AM #29
Roach, yeah. I see what you're getting at, but even if BSU is a crappy school, it's still a school that follows the same format as every other school out there. You can't polish a turd.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-06-04, 3:29 AM #30
GED.

I make sandwiches.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2008-06-04, 4:36 AM #31
I have a masters from the school of hard knocks with a concentration in knowing what's important.
2008-06-04, 5:46 AM #32
BSc Physics. didn't have the same stamina as James (will always feel weird calling you that, but I refuse to call you poley!)

really would like to do something in Development Economics. looking at Birkbeck, but doing it part time, I could end up taking 4 years just to get a diploma
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2008-06-04, 7:28 AM #33
Second year undergraduate studying Psychology at the University of Liverpool. Hopefully third year by the time September rolls around :P
2008-06-04, 8:13 AM #34
BCS Computer Science

One semester left.
2008-06-04, 8:17 AM #35
I have one more year to go and then I get my Bachelor of Contemporary Music degree in playing jazz guitar.

Sometimes I think I should join the army. Or go to med school. Or move to BC and become a lumberjack.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-06-04, 10:12 AM #36
Why don't you move to "letting opus finally hear a clip of you playing guitar-ville".

Working on my M.Arch in... well, Architecture.
2008-06-04, 10:21 AM #37
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Second year undergraduate studying Psychology at the University of Liverpool. Hopefully third year by the time September rolls around :P

Roll back a year and change that to Mech Eng at University of Glasgow and we're the same!

:P
nope.
2008-06-04, 10:25 AM #38
Working on my BS in exercise science, planning on going to med school when I graduate. I'm also doing a summer course right now to get my CMA certificate by this fall.
Life is beautiful.
2008-06-04, 10:35 AM #39
I have between 2 and 3 years of school done.. I'm not quite sure, but I'll be graduating with a degree in Political Science with perhaps a concentration in Computer Science.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-04, 10:37 AM #40
What is a concentration? I'm not sure if we just call it something else here.

Is it like a minor or specialization?

↑ Up to the top!