Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your education level/concentration
Post your education level/concentration
2008-06-04, 10:41 AM #41
It's a specialization in a major. My degree is Natural Resources, but there were four different concentrations with in the major: Wildlife Ecology, Range Management, Watershed Management, and Environmental Policy
Pissed Off?
2008-06-04, 11:02 AM #42
Ah, ok. We just call them specializations here.
2008-06-04, 11:04 AM #43
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Roll back a year and change that to Mech Eng at University of Glasgow and we're the same!

:P

Wow! You're, like, my Scottish twin!
2008-06-04, 11:21 AM #44
I will graduate my trade school with an Associates Degree in Specialized Business. Basically for IT work. I've been working full time in the field as I go to school, too.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-06-04, 11:24 AM #45
BA in Business Administration, Emphasis in Information Technology (my original major)
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-06-04, 11:27 AM #46
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Wow! You're, like, my Scottish twin!

Don't be silly, I'm much better looking.
nope.
2008-06-04, 11:29 AM #47
BA in Music, minor in Bible.

About halfway through a Masters in Business Administration, concentration in IT. It stinks having been a music major and having the test scores to not take math in undergrad, and then having to take accounting while doing grad work.
2008-06-04, 11:31 AM #48
Graduated from a trade school two years ago with an Associates in Computer Hardware.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2008-06-04, 11:46 AM #49
OSU dropout in comp/info science.. working as a full time (and freelance) web developer.. I'm also a certified MCSA but you see were that has gotten me
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-06-04, 11:59 AM #50
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Roach, yeah. I see what you're getting at, but even if BSU is a crappy school, it's still a school that follows the same format as every other school out there. You can't polish a turd.

Yeah, I wish I could say I really enjoyed U of I more than BSU, but I still hated the classes, and Moscow turns everyone into an alcoholic, so universities are batting 0 for 2 with me now.
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-06-04, 12:06 PM #51
Diplôme d'études professionelles en Procédés Infographiques
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-06-04, 12:56 PM #52
Death.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-06-04, 5:38 PM #53
I'm a semester away from a BS in Mechanical Engineering.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-06-04, 7:26 PM #54
Originally posted by Aglar:
What is a concentration? I'm not sure if we just call it something else here.

Is it like a minor or specialization?

They were right in that it means specialization, but what I was really just aiming for was asking for what people were majoring in and all.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-06-04, 8:45 PM #55
I'll be a sophomore on my way to a MS in Electrical Engineering this fall. With any luck I'll know more about computers than Jon'C in some areas in the next couple of years.
2008-06-05, 2:24 PM #56
Specialization sounds like it's comparable
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-06-05, 5:17 PM #57
Cheverus High School graduate
University of Maine dropout
New England Culinary Institute dropout
2008-06-05, 5:44 PM #58
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I'll be a sophomore on my way to a MS in Electrical Engineering this fall. With any luck I'll know more about computers than Jon'C in some areas in the next couple of years.

Are you doing BS/MS? If it's even half as hard as the BS/MS for EEs at RIT, which one of my roommates is enrolled in, you'll be raped constantly for the next five years. A few months ago he actually did 80 hours of homework one week. That's like working two full time jobs. :suicide:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-06-05, 6:08 PM #59
I had housemates who were in engineering and I never saw them. Ever.
Pissed Off?
2008-06-05, 6:25 PM #60
Don't say that.

:(
nope.
2008-06-05, 6:27 PM #61
It depends on which engineering discipline and where you're at. At RIT, the most difficult are easily electrical and microelectric engineering, followed by, I think, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering and finally software engineering.

Interesting thing about software engineering is that it has more of an abstract, art-like quality than all the other engineering disciplines, and such doesn't require insane amounts of math, reducing the workload by a lot.
2008-06-05, 6:29 PM #62
Cal has and Electrical Engineering/Computer Science combination. Those folks sleep at their building, if they sleep at all. It's quite scary
Pissed Off?
2008-06-05, 6:31 PM #63
That sounds like computer engineering. It probably is, I know a lot of places don't have "computer engineering" but rather some sort of "electrical and computer engineering."
2008-06-05, 6:55 PM #64
Sophomore going towards a BA in Christian Ministry with a specialization in TESOL.
2008-06-05, 6:58 PM #65
D:
2008-06-05, 7:23 PM #66
Originally posted by Emon:
Are you doing BS/MS? If it's even half as hard as the BS/MS for EEs at RIT, which one of my roommates is enrolled in, you'll be raped constantly for the next five years. A few months ago he actually did 80 hours of homework one week. That's like working two full time jobs. :suicide:

Yeah, it already sucks. Next year though, and after that especially it's going to really ramp up. I don't do a *ton* of homework yet, as I'm doing a lot of intro and core courses which often merge with the Art and Science school, but Engineering Calculus manages to keep me pretty busy. I spend well over ten hours a week on that class even when I'm slacking off. I going to try to get a B in that and As in everything else.
2008-06-05, 7:24 PM #67
Got a BS in Biology and minored in Math. Went back later and got certified to teach both. In between got a BA in Theology.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2008-06-05, 7:33 PM #68
Originally posted by Emon:
It depends on which engineering discipline and where you're at. At RIT, the most difficult are easily electrical and microelectric engineering, followed by, I think, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering and finally software engineering.

Interesting thing about software engineering is that it has more of an abstract, art-like quality than all the other engineering disciplines, and such doesn't require insane amounts of math, reducing the workload by a lot.

Software engineering is the easiest or is there something easier I can take so I can harass Massassians?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-06-05, 9:47 PM #69
BS biology
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2008-06-05, 9:57 PM #70
Originally posted by bradsh:
BS biology

Yeah I hear ya, I've got BS biology, too. *burp*
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-06-06, 3:59 PM #71
Should be graduating with a BEng in Mechanical Engineering this July.
Speaking of engineering workload, I was pulling 28 hour days (20hrs awake/8hrs sleep) for a couple of weeks as my final year project deadline approached. It was hell.
2008-06-06, 4:53 PM #72
Originally posted by Recusant:
I was pulling 28 hour days

?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!