Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Politics: Obama/Hillary ticket? (If you don't like it, don't click on it)
Politics: Obama/Hillary ticket? (If you don't like it, don't click on it)
2008-06-04, 5:48 PM #1
Are you thinking it's a good idea or not, and more importantly do you think Obama will ask her to be his Veep?

I'm sort of on the edge. My hate for Hillary is hoping Obama finds a real VP, and my hate for McCain is telling me that the only way to get the "Low I.Q. vote" and "Drop-Out Woman vote" is to have Hillary on his side. (yeah I went there)
Think while it's still legal.
2008-06-04, 5:50 PM #2
If he does I will be pissed. Obama is the perfect Jesus for America.

He's black, he smokes cigarettes, he really wants to say "***** please!" all the time, you can see it in his face, and most importantly...

The man can ball.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-06-04, 5:57 PM #3
It may or may not be a good political move, but I certainly don't like the idea. The Liberal Dick Cheney.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-04, 5:58 PM #4
I don't think so. Personally, I'd think that she would almost try to overshadow Obama in attempt to show people "Hey! I shoulda been president!". I wouldn't be surprised if she started doing stuff behind his back. That, or it could be a huge 4 (or 8) year ploy to become president :)
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-06-04, 6:24 PM #5
I don't think it'd be a smart move on Obama's part. It will effectively nerf his campaign, and I think it would likely cost him the election. Every republican I know is lobbying for her to be put on the ticket because they know it will hurt the Obama ticket dearly.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2008-06-04, 6:28 PM #6
After find out more about possible options I'm going to say no.

Its fun being foreign/superiour.
nope.
2008-06-04, 6:47 PM #7
Hilary is probably so desperate to be the pres that she'll probably take the VP thinking "hey, the dude is black, the kkk will get him eventually and I'll take his seat as the new pres, muahahahaha!"
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2008-06-04, 7:34 PM #8
Some people think it would be a good idea, because it would get more of the Hillary supporters to vote for Obama... but it could also discourage all the Hillary hates from voting...

I hope he picks Janet Napolitano or Kathleen Sebelius.
2008-06-04, 7:35 PM #9
I hope he goes with Jepman. Nevermind that he's not a U.S. citizen!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-06-04, 7:37 PM #10
No Hillary please.
Back again
2008-06-04, 7:40 PM #11
He will most likely pick a woman, but I wouldn't mind seeing Colon Powell. I admire the days of bi-partisan leadership. It used to be standard. Now to mention, Powell is one of the most well informed, logically minded conservative in power right now. No, I don't have a fetish for powerful black men. Okay, maybe a little.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-04, 7:41 PM #12
I'm thinking it's a horrible and stupid way for Obama to throw a sure thing down the toilet.

A lot of republicans hate mccain. But they hate the clintons more.
D E A T H
2008-06-04, 7:47 PM #13
REQUEST DENIED.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-06-04, 8:04 PM #14
It's a terrible idea. As I posted in the last thread, Obama needs either a military man like Wesley Clark or Jim Webb to underscore the fact that McCain's perspective isn't the only valid perspective on defense matters, or Ohio governor Ted Strickland to lock up that state. If Obama wins Ohio, McCain will have to win virtually every other swing state to have a chance.

Of course, Obama can probably win regardless of who he picks to be his VP. That's why it's even more vital that he not pick Clinton -- he won't want to have to deal with her after he wins.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-04, 8:04 PM #15
Originally posted by JediKirby:
He will most likely pick a woman, but I wouldn't mind seeing Colon Powell. I admire the days of bi-partisan leadership. It used to be standard. Now to mention, Powell is one of the most well informed, logically minded conservative in power right now. No, I don't have a fetish for powerful black men. Okay, maybe a little.

Yeah but Powell, is conservative. Also, he's said that he doesn't want to be president. He's good though.
2008-06-04, 8:38 PM #16
Why should I be barred from a thread because I have a dissenting opinion?
2008-06-04, 8:49 PM #17
Originally posted by Rob:

Quit playing devil's advocate?
D E A T H
2008-06-04, 10:39 PM #18
That was my point, Obi. A good conservative VP will return the country to a much wider, more bipartisan political atmosphere. It's been done before, and it used to be customary. I think it's a good healthy tradition.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-04, 10:44 PM #19

because your rights end where my feelings start, rob
2008-06-04, 11:19 PM #20
Originally posted by JediKirby:
...but I wouldn't mind seeing Colon Powell. I admire the days of bi-partisan leadership. It used to be standard. Now to mention, Powell is one of the most well informed, logically minded conservative in power right now.
I like Powell, but his connection with Bush and the Iraq War doesn't make him viable at all. After all, Clinton's vote on the Iraq War is probably one of the reasons why she lost.
2008-06-04, 11:44 PM #21
He resigned out of disagreement with a number of the going-ons in the Iraq war, and, in my opinion, was mislead by the administration throughout a number of issues, and was postered for them. His appointment, after all, was partially customary, and partially a race-card for bush. When ever intelligence that was faulty, questionable, or partisan was on the table, Rummy passed it on to Powell to represent. I genuinely think of him as a good man who was part of a bad thing.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
In July 2007 Powell revealed that he spent two and a half hours trying to persuade George W. Bush not to invade Iraq but that he did not prevail. At the Aspen Ideas Festival in Colorado[27] Powell stated, "I tried to avoid this war. I took him [Bush] through the consequences of going into an Arab country and becoming the occupiers."[28]

Powell went on to say that he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war. "The civil war will ultimately be resolved by a test of arms. It's not going to be pretty to watch, but I don't know any way to avoid it. It is happening now." He further noted, "It is not a civil war that can be put down or solved by the armed forces of the United States," and suggested that all the U.S. military could do was put "a heavier lid on this pot of boiling sectarian stew".[29]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-05, 12:05 AM #22
I agree, Kirby. Like I said, I like him. But despite his good intentions and experience, his connection to the war would still be a distraction and a drag on Obama's campaign.

Besides, it's definitely not going to be Powell. :P
2008-06-05, 5:45 AM #23
Obama doesn't need to select someone to be his VP. He'll simply bud off a clone and run with himself!

(I can't help but think that the reflection looks like "Bizarro Obama".)
Attachment: 19489/t1home.0746.obama.gi.jpg (18,246 bytes)
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-06-05, 10:22 AM #24
Originally posted by Jon`C:
because your rights end where my feelings start, rob

[http://www.miraelpendulo.com/pictures/razorblade.jpg]
2008-06-05, 10:58 AM #25
Yeah, it's been said, but this is a horrible idea. It would do nothing but hurt his campaign.

My bets for Obama's VP: Claire McCaskill, Wesley Clark, or Chris Dodd.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-05, 11:15 AM #26
EDWARDS
2008-06-05, 11:22 AM #27
that razor blade is chipped and probably dull. i dont think it would be a very good idea to use it
2008-06-05, 11:25 AM #28
Originally posted by Jon`C:
that razor blade is chipped and probably dull. i dont think it would be a very good idea to use it

Heres a fresh one;

[http://www.fullam.com/images/tools/526601.jpg]
2008-06-05, 11:31 AM #29
obama / keyes

ALAN KEYES WOULD BE ALL UP IN THAT MOTHERF***ER
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-06-05, 12:14 PM #30
Keyes would be all up in Obama?
nope.
2008-06-05, 12:26 PM #31
Heres a fresh one;

[http://www.fullam.com/images/tools/526601.jpg]

its you

youre the hillary clinton in the op
2008-06-05, 1:09 PM #32
Guys you are missing the point. Obama is going to win regardless.

And he is going to be the next Marlboro Man.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-06-07, 3:51 AM #33
If he does pick Hillary then my money's on him getting assassinated and Hillary stepping up to the plate.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-06-09, 12:07 AM #34
I didn't want to make a new thread for fear of becoming dig, but this is Obama's speech to his staff after his acceptance speech. His words are, to me, more moving and disturbing than anything he's said before.

"Those of you who are worried about Darfur: They'll never spend money there. If you care about education, there'll just be more lip service, and nothing will change."
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-09, 9:10 AM #35
If Obama Picks Hillary hes just going to bang her and piss off bill, because this time its a black guy.....
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2008-06-09, 10:54 AM #36
Why do you keep coming back?
2008-06-09, 1:19 PM #37
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
If Obama Picks Hillary hes just going to bang her and piss off bill, because this time its a black guy.....

The good news is that this is way too dumb to be offensive.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-09, 1:22 PM #38
Yeah, especially considering hillary is too white to handle all that black magesticness. :rolleyes:

But seriously. It offends my brain cells.
2008-06-09, 3:15 PM #39
Yeah, especially considering hillary is too white to handle all that black magesticness. :rolleyes:

But seriously. It offends my brain cells.

The good news: this is still outnumbered by the number of massassians who regularly read the forums nowadays.

The bad news: the number of massassians that browse the forums nowadays is less than 100 people.

:downs:
D E A T H
2008-06-09, 3:17 PM #40
Drug use doesn't kill brain cells :downs:

↑ Up to the top!