Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A 10 year-old college sophmore says video games are....
A 10 year-old college sophmore says video games are....
2008-06-06, 11:15 PM #41
I wouldn't like being a professional gamer.
2008-06-06, 11:16 PM #42
Originally posted by Avenger:
As in "It's not fair that they get to sit on their asses and make money. Whaaaaaaahahhhhhaaaaaaaa!"

You'd do it in a heart beat if you were able.

As in I think it's a retarded atmosphere.

That gaming is not for serious business.
2008-06-06, 11:29 PM #43
You can always justify 5-hour a day gaming habits in attempt to get in the ever-so successful business of game design. Because you know, playing games hours on hand will give you insight on how to create and be useful in the various specific areas of designing games.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-06-06, 11:36 PM #44
Hahaha.

I wouldn't want to design games, even if it pays well.
2008-06-06, 11:40 PM #45
Originally posted by Avenger:
As in "It's not fair that they get to sit on their asses and make money. Whaaaaaaahahhhhhaaaaaaaa!"

You'd do it in a heart beat if you were able.

If anyone thought of "job security" I'm pretty sure they would think twice when it comes to "professional gaming" or whatever the hell they call it now. I'm not sure how it really goes but I don't think the "professional gaming industry" would like a 40-year scrawny man gulping down energy drinks and acting all 1337 as an ideal serious gamer. Not sure how years of playing games for cash looks good on any resume.
2008-06-06, 11:45 PM #46
Professional gaming is kind of like professional reading to me

Who really wants to be a news anchor anyways?
2008-06-06, 11:48 PM #47
I always thought news anchors get alot of "action," if you know what I mean. Hiding a scandal while in the vast public view every day sounds like a daring yet unique turn-on.
2008-06-06, 11:49 PM #48
I love Scotch
2008-06-06, 11:51 PM #49
Sky rockets in flight
2008-06-07, 12:19 AM #50
Originally posted by Jon`C:
i hope he got the 'does original work' part from us

not likely, he's studying the maths :v:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-07, 3:46 AM #51
Afternoon delight
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-06-07, 6:22 AM #52
One of my favorite people is a news anchor..
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-06-07, 1:33 PM #53
Originally posted by Freelancer:
One of my favorite people is a news anchor..

Is she French?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2008-06-07, 5:43 PM #54
Scotchy scotch scotch. I love scotch.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2008-06-09, 1:16 AM #55
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
Colleges rightly ought to admit on knowledge, not age, as they are certainly not the same. This is not new. David Hume was studying at the University of Edinburgh when he was twelve. Immanuel Kant was studying in university at sixteen. Just sit this kid in front of a TV for a few days, though, and I guarantee we can erode his assiduousness soon enough.

I got my medical school acceptance at 17 after a steady diet of starcraft and half life (mainly sven coop). It's not engineering hard, but it's not a shabby feat either.

I dunno, maybe I woulda gotten in earlier if I actually studied instead of goofed off. What I do know is that I'm far better at laparoscopic procedures as opposed to my peers.

↑ Up to the top!