Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Any Wetshavers in Massassi?
Any Wetshavers in Massassi?
2008-06-08, 10:05 PM #41
i shave like twice a year.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-06-08, 10:34 PM #42
Gillette Fusion Power :master:'s like the best of them. Oh god is it a good razor. The BEST may I add.
Think while it's still legal.
2008-06-09, 12:45 AM #43
Originally posted by Dormouse:
Next poll: What line of vacuum tubes to use in your new gaming rig!

This is probably the best jab I've seen on this board.

I stopped shaving awhile ago, but I did prefer the Mach 3 for awhile.
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-06-09, 3:18 PM #44
Originally posted by Greenboy:
aveeno shaving gel is pretty nice

This brings up a curiosity of mine. Is anyone else here really sensitive to [dyes/fragrances/additives/something]? I haven't been able to correlate really yet, but there are a lot of shaving creams or such that make me feel just gross and sick all day if I use them on my face without scrubbing it off raw to rinse. I tend to use the really pricey organic toiletries as I don't have an issue with those, but I'm curious how common this is.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2008-06-09, 3:46 PM #45
I typically use a non-lathering creme because gels tend to leave my face feeling itchy. Most of the non-lathering cremes don't have any dyes in them and the fragrances aren't as strong to the nose in my experience.

Edge ActiveCare has been good to me.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2008-06-09, 7:25 PM #46
Originally posted by SAJN:
Gillette Fusion Power :master:'s like the best of them. Oh god is it a good razor. The BEST may I add.

This statement is the combination of having barely a pubestache and excellent marketing by Gillette.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-06-09, 7:27 PM #47
This brings up a curiosity of mine. Is anyone else here really sensitive to [dyes/fragrances/additives/something]? I haven't been able to correlate really yet, but there are a lot of shaving creams or such that make me feel just gross and sick all day if I use them on my face without scrubbing it off raw to rinse.

No, it's not just you. A lot of people are sensitive to fragrances, in many things. Soaps, shaving creams, even laundry detergent. I buy "free and clear" laundry detergent because 1. It's nicer on the skin and 2. The fragrances smell terrible.

I always thoroughly, yet gently, wash my face after I shave. It helps exfoliate and reduce possibility of infection (pimples etc).
2008-06-09, 7:31 PM #48
Oh, I tried shaving with one of my grandfather's old straight razors yesterday. It was rather dull, so I sharpened it on a very fine stone and stropped it well. It looked and felt razor sharp, and easily sliced a small sample of hair off my forearm. Apparently it wasn't sharp enough, because when I went to shave my face, :gonk:
2008-06-09, 7:42 PM #49
Originally posted by Emon:
This statement is the combination of having barely a pubestache and excellent marketing by Gillette.

Well considering I haven't watched television in over 4 years, I don't know how well their marketing is going to get in my brain. All I know is I saw the razor in target once and thought it was the dumbest thing ever made. What the hell could a battery in a razor do? Oh look it vibrates, big freaking deal....Then I bought one of them.. Unngh, it's amazing. It really is the most awesome feeling shave ever in the history of shaving.
2008-06-09, 8:20 PM #50
Dude, it's just a rotor in a plastic case.

The Fusion Power razor heads are IDENTICAL to all the other gillette heads. The end of the Fusion Power where the razor heads connect is ALSO IDENTICAL to all other gillette razors. There isn't anything special or different about it. It's ad wizardry. It does NOTHING.
2008-06-09, 8:21 PM #51
Originally posted by Emon:
Oh, I tried shaving with one of my grandfather's old straight razors yesterday. It was rather dull, so I sharpened it on a very fine stone and stropped it well. It looked and felt razor sharp, and easily sliced a small sample of hair off my forearm. Apparently it wasn't sharp enough, because when I went to shave my face, :gonk:

Warm water also makes your pores bigger.

If you do this and find you still get lots of pimples/irratbility try splashing on a little cold water when you're done to close your pores.
2008-06-09, 8:23 PM #52
Right, even if it shaves just as well, it's a lot more comfortable with the vibration. I use my old Fusion heads on my Fusion Power, I know they're the same. But it's a lot more comfortable with the Fusion Power.
2008-06-09, 8:39 PM #53
This brings up a curiosity of mine. Is anyone else here really sensitive to [dyes/fragrances/additives/something]? I haven't been able to correlate really yet, but there are a lot of shaving creams or such that make me feel just gross and sick all day if I use them on my face without scrubbing it off raw to rinse. I tend to use the really pricey organic toiletries as I don't have an issue with those, but I'm curious how common this is.

yeah, my ex was chemically sensitive. which is why i started using the hippy stuff.

you should stay away from marine paints, they will mess you up even more than normal people. >_>

o.0
2008-06-09, 8:41 PM #54
Right, even if it shaves just as well, it's a lot more comfortable with the vibration. I use my old Fusion heads on my Fusion Power, I know they're the same. But it's a lot more comfortable with the Fusion Power.

Placebo
2008-06-09, 8:52 PM #55
i would never shave with a vibrator

o.0
2008-06-10, 3:58 AM #56
mach-3 every two days, but I should start doing it every day, its already very rough by the 2nd morning
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-06-10, 6:20 AM #57
Oh look it vibrates, big freaking deal....Then I bought one of them..

What? You have an odd way of shopping.
2008-06-10, 9:12 AM #58
Originally posted by Rob:
Placebo

He's actually the right, the vibration thing does seem to make it glide a little smoother.

That being said I've still not bothered to replace the battery in mine since it ran out about a year ago.
nope.
2008-06-10, 11:57 AM #59
Placebo.

If anything it makes it harder to shave unless you have a stendy hand, because it vibrates the handle and not the head.
2008-06-10, 1:40 PM #60
It's a solid plastic object; the whole thing vibrates.

Although I'll give you that because of the construction of the neck its probably a stronger vibration in the handle but its still not strong enough to to make you lose any accuracy.

:/
nope.
2008-06-10, 1:50 PM #61
Regardless, it isn't "massaging" your face.

Placebo.
2008-06-10, 2:10 PM #62
Vibration might keep things moving a bit better by ensuring that the coefficient of friction between the razor and the face is consistently kinetic.
2008-06-10, 2:35 PM #63
Nobody said it massages your face; Obi has the right sort of basic idea.
nope.
2008-06-10, 2:36 PM #64
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Vibration might keep things moving a bit better by ensuring that the coefficient of friction between the razor and the face is consistently kinetic.

Which usually causes chatter. :P
2008-06-10, 4:13 PM #65
the thing is

shaving is easy anyway

o.0
2008-06-10, 9:05 PM #66
Your mom sure has a problem doing it right.
2008-06-12, 7:14 AM #67
i use a mach 3 it does the job dry razors pull the hairs and never give a close shave so to summarise: dry shaving is for queers

↑ Up to the top!