Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Why isn't this here yet?! Kucinich introduces Articles of Impeachment on Bush
Why isn't this here yet?! Kucinich introduces Articles of Impeachment on Bush
2008-06-10, 12:02 AM #1

googlenews linky

and some of the 35 articles in it
Quote:
Update-8:27pm: Article 18-Torture

Update-8:35pm: Article 19-Rendition

Update-8:45pm: Article 20-Imprisoning Children

Update-8:50pm: Article 21-Misleading Congress and the American people about threats from Iran and supporting terrorist organizations within Iran with the goal of overthrowing the Iranian government

Update-8:59pm: Article 22-Creating secret laws

Update-9:09pm: Article 23-Violation of The Posse Comitatus Act

Update-9:15pm: Article 24-Spying on American Citizens without a court ordered warrant in violation of the law and in violation of the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution

Update-9:32pm: Article 25-Directing telecommunications companies to create an illegal and unconstitutional database of private telephone numbers and e-mails of American Citizens

Update-9:36pm: Article 26-Announcing the intent to violate laws with "signing statements" and violating those laws

Update-9:37pm: Article 27-Failing to comply with Congressional subpoenas and instructing former employees not to comply with Congressional subpoenas

Update-9:42pm: Article 28-Tampering with free and fair elections, corruption of the administration of justice

Update-9:49pm: Article 29-Conspiracy to violate The Voting Rights Act of 1965

Update-10:05pm: Article 30-Misleading Congress and the American People in an attempt to destroy Medicare

Update-10:09pm: Article 31-Failure to plan for the predicted disaster of hurricane Katrina

Update-10:18pm: Article 32-Misleading Congress and the American People, systematically undermining efforts to address global climate change

Update-10:29pm: Article 33-Repeatedly ignored and failed to respond to high-level intelligence warnings of planned terrorist attacks in The United States prior to 9-11

Update-10:45pm: Article 35-Endangering the health of 9-11 first responders (he called this one 35, so I guess I missed 34)

can anyone else find the full list of the 35 articles?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-10, 12:10 AM #2
WAY TO GO OHIO

(i hate my state)
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-06-10, 12:13 AM #3
Kucinich did the same except with Dick Cheney last year, and we all saw how far that went. I don't think it's getting much attention because the chances of it doing anything are slim to none.

[ Edit: Found this article online:

Rep. Dennis Kucinich, who introduced legislation last year to impeach Vice President Dick Cheney, is now aiming higher.

On the House floor this evening, the Ohio Democrat proposed impeaching President Bush. In language similar to that in the articles of impeachment he raised against Cheney, Kucinich sought support for a 35-count indictment charging Bush with misleading Congress and the American people into war with tales of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Democratic House leaders have opposed impeaching Bush or Cheney as an unhelpful distraction. They were nearly embarrassed last year when Republicans voted to take up Kucinich's effort against Cheney in order to force a debate; they are unlikely to let the matter get so far this time.

Bob Fertik, president of Democrats.com, one of the groups pushing for impeachment congratulated Kucinich on his "historic leadership."

"We've waited seven years to find one Member of Congress brave enough to stand up for our Constitution, for which generations of Americans have fought and died," Fertik said. "We are thrilled and honored that Dennis Kucinich has chosen to be that one genuine patriot." ]
Think while it's still legal.
2008-06-10, 1:56 AM #4
I'm sure Bush will get good laughs out of it if nothing else.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2008-06-10, 2:17 AM #5
The first 250 articles, as you can see above, are related to lies.

Articles 250 - 500 deal with embarrassments to our nation in regards to given speeches.

Articles 501 - 3000 relate to embarrassments to the American people in regards to silly, false, laughable laws and regulations, statements, and appointments.

3001-9000 are all in relation to each individual soldier that died due to a direct action on his part.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-10, 4:54 AM #6
What a load of flop sweat.
2008-06-10, 5:04 AM #7
Seems like a waste of time to impeach him, hes almost gone already, and most of those things he did are so far gone now it wouldn't really help.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-06-10, 5:08 AM #8
A steaming load of sweaty Kirbs.
2008-06-10, 5:09 AM #9
Stupid.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-06-10, 5:26 AM #10
If Jack Thompson were a Democrat...
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-06-10, 6:13 AM #11
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Seems like a waste of time to impeach him, hes almost gone already, and most of those things he did are so far gone now it wouldn't really help.

Originally posted by Freelancer:
Stupid.

Why yes, this is a stupid move made by a representative. They should be focusing on hearings of professional athletes using steroids or not.

Originally posted by Wolfy:
If Jack Thompson were a Democrat...

Inconceivable!
2008-06-10, 6:55 AM #12
Didn't this already happen?
2008-06-10, 7:12 AM #13
Well duh, thats why theres a video of it. Sheesh
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-06-10, 7:29 AM #14
Too little, too late.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-06-10, 7:57 AM #15
I remember thinking last time this came around that we'd have better luck trying him once he's out of office. I can't remember why I thought that, but I know it seemed to make sense at the time.

I do know that it's a wasted effort trying to prosecute him now. Even though articles 18, 19 and 27 (if no others) are both undoubtedly true and undoubtedly crimes.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-10, 8:19 AM #16
Originally posted by mb:
Well duh, thats why theres a video of it. Sheesh

No, like months ago.

Also, this would be more effective if they stuck to things that a legitimate case can be made out of rather than piling all the tun foil hat crap on top.
2008-06-10, 10:07 AM #17
if president Clinton didn't get impeached for lying to his country and his wife then I don't see how bush will get impeached.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-06-10, 10:47 AM #18
^^alternatively we can ask why Clinton could be impeached over a dalliance with an intern yet despite the long list against Bush it looks like he'll be allowed to escape scot free without even having to address his actions (and I don't know about you but I find torture to be far worse than adultery).
2008-06-10, 10:50 AM #19
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:
if president Clinton didn't get impeached for lying to his country and his wife then I don't see how bush will get impeached.

Except a blowjob just kills millions of potential lives, not thousands of existing lives.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-06-10, 11:23 AM #20

Cheating on your wife > Lying to start a war?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-06-10, 11:36 AM #21
Adult Language:

ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-10, 11:44 AM #22

President Clinton was impeached.

Do you know what it means to be impeached? It means to be put on trial, not removed from office.
2008-06-10, 11:45 AM #23
you people are ****ed in the head.. that's all there is to it
2008-06-10, 11:46 AM #24
The likely reason Clinton was impeached was to draw attention away from other issues and mistakes he had made.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-10, 11:47 AM #25
you people are ****ed in the head.. that's all there is to it

...what?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-10, 11:49 AM #26
these 'crimes' bush committed are just silly... I don't believe a single word of it
2008-06-10, 11:50 AM #27
I guess that makes you the idiot.
2008-06-10, 11:53 AM #28
... are you joking? Bush is a war criminal in the eyes of half the world, and the other half can't stand him. You don't think unwarranted wiretapping is illegal, considering our constitution? You don't think (and he's admitted this: ) lying about weapons of mass destruction in order to go to war is illegal? You think torture, false imprisonment, and unreported prisoners of war are all things a that you can legally do when you become president?

But you think adultery is a decent enough reason to have someone removed from office.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-10, 11:54 AM #29
typical comeback..

If anyone can provide any evidence as to why I should believe it please do so.. until then I'm not just going to jump on this bush hating band wagon that has been going on for far to long.
2008-06-10, 11:55 AM #30
You should jump on the bush loving band wagon so he can be impeached for having his dong in your mouth.
2008-06-10, 11:57 AM #31
IMPEACHMENT DOES NOT EQUAL CONVICTION.
2008-06-10, 11:57 AM #32
Kirbs.. for one I don't give a **** what the other half of the world views my country's president as. 2 unwarranted wiretapping does not effect me, I could give a **** less. I want to see where bush says (out of his mouth) that he lied about WoMD. Tortue, false imprisonment, and unreported PoW... again bull****.

It's not adultery that bothers me I was only using it as an example..
2008-06-10, 11:58 AM #33
Originally posted by Anovis:
IMPEACHMENT DOES NOT EQUAL CONVICTION.

NO ****, THATS WHAT I TOLD HIM EARLIER.
2008-06-10, 11:59 AM #34
Kirbs.. for one I don't give a **** what the other half of the world views my country's president as. 2 unwarranted wiretapping does not effect me, I could give a **** less. I want to see where bush says (out of his mouth) that he lied about WoMD. Tortue, false imprisonment, and unreported PoW... again bull****.

It's not adultery that bothers me I was only using it as an example..

Wait, so someone has to admit they're lying to actually be lying?

I'M THE PRESIDENT OF SPAIN.

GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY
2008-06-10, 12:00 PM #35
fine. whatever it means. Impeach him to the end of the galaxy it doesn't matter. He wont be kicked out of office and besides he'll be there for less than a year.
2008-06-10, 12:01 PM #36
Originally posted by Rob:
Wait, so someone has to admit they're lying to actually be lying?

is that what I said.. no it's not.

ok show me some evidence of lying..
2008-06-10, 12:05 PM #37
is that what I said.. no it's not.

Uhhh, yes you did.

I want to see where bush says (out of his mouth) that he lied about WoMD. Tortue, false imprisonment, and unreported PoW
2008-06-10, 12:06 PM #38
I was replying to kirbs post.. dick
2008-06-10, 12:08 PM #39
You quoted my post, dumbass.
2008-06-10, 12:09 PM #40
dude.. lol

I started that sentence with: Kirbs,

which was in reply to kirbs, in that post I did not quote one word from you.

↑ Up to the top!