Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Which American state do you hate the most?
Which American state do you hate the most?
2008-06-16, 3:00 PM #41
Originally posted by Freelancer:
But why New Jersey?

Because he's only heard of the bad parts. See: North Jersey.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-06-16, 3:02 PM #42
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-06-16, 3:12 PM #43
lol

is that top gear?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-06-16, 3:13 PM #44
There always seems to be a lot of news stories about complete failures of life in Florida, so that probably gets my vote.

I agree with the elimination of all southern states, though.
2008-06-16, 3:31 PM #45
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:
lol

is that top gear?

Yeah. They did an episode where they drove from Florida to Mississippi or something like that. It was pretty much hilarious
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-06-16, 3:46 PM #46
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Toss up between North Dakota and Minnesota. Hate Fargo.

You son of a *****! :psylon:
2008-06-16, 4:23 PM #47
Arkansas. Even New Mexico has it's charms...well, kind of.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2008-06-16, 4:58 PM #48
California

honestly, your hippies are screwing it up for everyone
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-06-16, 5:03 PM #49
That Top Gear special was amazing.
2008-06-16, 5:09 PM #50
It was probably the best tv I've seen in the last 10 years.

:P
nope.
2008-06-16, 5:15 PM #51
Originally posted by genk:
California

2008-06-16, 5:29 PM #52
honestly, i'm all up for an Escape from L.A. style cutoff of Cali

>.>
Free Jin!
2008-06-16, 7:21 PM #53
I, for one, would like for the counties of San Diego, Orange, Imperial, Riverside, and San Bernadino (ok Ventura can join) to secede from California.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-06-16, 9:45 PM #54
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:
Arkansas. Even New Mexico has it's charms...well, kind of.

.(
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2008-06-16, 9:59 PM #55
Having never been anywhere near it, I hate pretty much the entire midwest,
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2008-06-16, 10:04 PM #56
California

We're not all hippies out here, dip****.
Pissed Off?
2008-06-16, 10:05 PM #57
i'm still blaming the hippies for ruining everything
Free Jin!
2008-06-16, 10:05 PM #58
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
Because he's only heard of the bad parts. See: North Jersey.

Having lived in South Jersey most of my life and having recently moved to Pennsylvania, I can say, without a doubt, that New Jersey sucks.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2008-06-16, 10:08 PM #59
i'm still blaming the hippies for ruining everything

Hippies don't ruin nearly as many things as FAT PEOPLE do.
2008-06-16, 10:11 PM #60
what about fat hippies?
Free Jin!
2008-06-16, 10:14 PM #61
They still count more as fat people because there is more fat than there is hippie
2008-06-16, 10:30 PM #62
Rhode Island I'd have to say.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2008-06-16, 11:25 PM #63
Originally posted by Malus:
Having lived in South Jersey most of my life and having recently moved to Pennsylvania, I can say, without a doubt, that New Jersey sucks.

Pennsylvania? You're nothing but a filthy shoebie. Life's good here in Atlantic County.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2008-06-16, 11:27 PM #64
I'm going to have to say Illinois. Just for bad driving experiences there. Florida is hella worse with old people rather than stupid people, but at least has warm weather going for it...
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-06-16, 11:56 PM #65
California followed closely by Texas.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2008-06-17, 4:27 AM #66
Originally posted by Baconfish:
It was probably the best tv I've seen in the last 10 years.

:P
agreed :)

and as for states, Washington, for being on the other side of the country from Washington, I mean... :rant:
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-06-17, 5:47 AM #67
Originally posted by mb:
Yeah. They did an episode where they drove from Florida to Mississippi or something like that. It was pretty much hilarious

amen.

I met Clarkson breifly, i didnt ask him about what happened though. It seemed genuinely a terrifying experience.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-06-17, 6:03 AM #68
Well, then don't go around to small communities being a huge dick. :awesome:
Warhead[97]
2008-06-17, 6:21 AM #69
They didn't really do anything that sensible people would call being a huge dick. Those people just get worked up too easily.

Edit: I'm talking about the one where they painted their cars with texts like "NASCAR sucks".
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2008-06-17, 6:28 AM #70
A bunch of foreign people stereotype the south, write things on their cars intended to offend that stereotype, and then drive through small close-knit towns. That's like me writing "grape kool-aid sucks" on a car and driving through compton.

I'm just saying they asked for trouble and got it, is all. I'm not saying it was necessarily deserved.
Warhead[97]
2008-06-17, 6:29 AM #71
I think Alabama's quite possibly the biggest blight in the Union.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-06-17, 6:45 AM #72
Originally posted by Krokodile:
They didn't really do anything that sensible people would call being a huge dick. Those people just get worked up too easily.

Edit: I'm talking about the one where they painted their cars with texts like "NASCAR sucks".

NASCAR to the south is like Football to all of Europe. If a southerner went to England and started shouting, "Soccer sucks", he'd probably get punched in the face.
2008-06-17, 6:53 AM #73
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
If a southerner went to England and started shouting, "Soccer sucks", he'd probably get punched in the face.

If that's true then it's really sad. I know if someone started shouting "Hockey sucks" here, no one would give a ****.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2008-06-17, 6:54 AM #74
No he wouldn't, you'd probably just get a tirade about men in tight shorts grappling with each other, running 5 yards then deciding they need a break. Then you'd probably be told to **** off. :P

Just don't do it in a supporters pub on a Saturday.
nope.
2008-06-17, 7:38 AM #75
Hahaha, I love jeremys punchlines, that last line in the video was classic.

top gear FTW.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-06-17, 7:44 AM #76
I frequently tell people that football sucks. If an American said "Soccer sucks" he'd probably get laughed at more for saying "soccer" than anything else. Obviously if you said that in a pub full of hooligans you might get a different response but the Brit behaviour is generally to ridicule things we disagree with.

Have you been to England Chaz?
2008-06-17, 8:41 AM #77
I was mostly thinking "if you said it in a bar". The point is, you don't go where someone will be bothered by it, then throw it in their face as much as possible. If you know you're around unreasonable people, you shouldn't try to anger them. Not to say that it wasn't funny. I definitely love that clip.

Quote:
Have you been to England Chaz?

To be fair, I have also not been to the south.
2008-06-17, 8:58 AM #78
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
A bunch of foreign people stereotype the south, write things on their cars intended to offend that stereotype, and then drive through small close-knit towns. That's like me writing "grape kool-aid sucks" on a car and driving through compton.

I'm just saying they asked for trouble and got it, is all. I'm not saying it was necessarily deserved.

Yeah, what if you had driven through Massachusetts with "Fags will burn in hell" written on your car? If you troll long enough you will provoke stupid, easily provoked people. Alabama may be a sorry state but you could have done that anywhere.
2008-06-17, 9:01 AM #79
But fags burn everywhere but underwater or in a vaccum!
nope.
2008-06-17, 9:04 AM #80
I'm from Florida and I honestly don't care about NASCAR.

But if there is ever a Microsoft car, I'll have to try watching it.

↑ Up to the top!