Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What'd you do today?
What'd you do today?
2008-07-06, 8:17 PM #41
Hahaha, I just stumbled across a Facebook album of a bunch of the kids who were freshmen at my high school when I was a senior getting their drink on for the Fourth. They grow up so fast. Next thing you know they'll be drinking legally. :XD:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-07-06, 10:21 PM #42
Played some WoW, leveling up my blood elf mage (I got bored of City of heroes so I reactivated my wow account for like the 7th time) and then watch the behind the making of all three indiana jones films on DvD.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2008-07-06, 10:35 PM #43
another day of work

oh and i went to church
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-07-07, 10:11 AM #44
Yesterday I bought a craigslist bicycle.

Today I rode it all over.

Now it's broke.
2008-07-07, 10:36 AM #45
Left home. Took the bus. Got to work. Left work. Took the bus. Got home.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2008-07-07, 11:26 AM #46
Hung out and smoked with my girlfriend all day. Ate a ridiculous amount of junk food.
2008-07-07, 11:07 PM #47
pot head

played with my car's engine and pounded my door out a little bit more for a while, watched the last third of a Knight's Tale, and went to work

i think i have two problems at least, oil in one cylinder and power steering fluid leaking from its reservoir
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-07-08, 12:16 AM #48
For today.. 5 hour band practice.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2008-07-08, 8:41 AM #49
Originally posted by genk:
pot head

played with my car's engine and pounded my door out a little bit more for a while, watched the last third of a Knight's Tale, and went to work

i think i have two problems at least, oil in one cylinder and power steering fluid leaking from its reservoir

Does it run?

The easiest way to check for excess oil in the cylinder (other than removing the head) is to examine the spark plugs after running.

If it looks like this;

[http://www.dansmc.com/spoil.jpg]

Then you're getting oil into your combustion cycle. On a car.. I have no idea what you need to do. Piston rings maybe? Thats probably a HUGE pain in the *** on a car.

On the Honda 90 it would probably take me about an hour with all the right tools. But my head is like the size of a stack of pocket novels..
2008-07-08, 8:43 AM #50
That would likely be rings. yeah. Royal PITA on a car..
woot!
2008-07-08, 8:49 AM #51
I spent ages being pissed off at a bus company and have spent all day trying to flog a spare festival ticket with no luck at all.
nope.
2008-07-10, 11:07 AM #52
Yesterday I got a new Craigslist bike. It's actually pretty sweet. I'll probably end up riding it for a long time.

I bought two couches from a person upstairs. Then went to school.

Today I found a grocery store and bought generic everything because I'm a po college student.
2008-07-10, 11:08 AM #53
I flogged a spare festival ticket for money and bought a ****load of alcohol!

:D
nope.
2008-07-10, 11:13 AM #54
Well up woke up about two hours ago, and I've done absolutely nothing since.

<3 vacation. Though my boss told me to "take a couple days off" on Monday and it's Thursday..Definitely not showing up to work tomorrow either. Though there is a new HD t.v. waiting for me at home so I'm gonna make it there for Friday night and some SGA.
2008-07-11, 11:55 AM #55
Yesterday I got a flat tire.

So today I walked to the bike shop and got an inner tube to change. Wow, I forgot how much easier it is to do bike tires than motorcycle tires. You can get the tire and tube in there with yout bare hands in less than five minutes. Including inflation, bouncing to remove kinks or pinches, deflation, then reinflation to correct PSI.

Now I'm going to pack my things and ride to school.

Is it pretty good if you can bike four miles in ten-fifteen minutes?
2008-07-11, 1:34 PM #56
Yesterday I wandered around San Francisco, juggled, then got tired and sat down and took a nap in a park. Oh, and almost blinded myself by burning stuff with my magnifying-glass-like contact juggling ball.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-07-11, 1:53 PM #57
You were also almost killed, being that you took a nap in a park in San Francisco.
2008-07-11, 2:06 PM #58
There are massive layoffs at work, so today I was moved to another department so I can do their ***** work in addition to my own regular duties. I was moved from my personal office to engineering, where I am surrounded by people (there would normally be like 15 up here, there are probably about five regularly now because of the layoffs). I don't know how long I'll be up here, probably 4-7 weeks. Hopefully not longer.

I bought a 26er of Havana Club yesterday to drink tonight, my friend and I are just going to get destroyed and play video games/watch movies. I haven't really hung out with him since my girlfriend and I started going out (early June), so it'll be awesome.
2008-07-13, 11:50 AM #59
Originally posted by Steven:
You were also almost butt raped, being that you took a nap in a park in San Francisco.

LAWLZ
2008-07-13, 3:30 PM #60
I finished reading "Confessor" by Terry Goodkind, I cooked breakfast for my girlfriend, we watched "Pan's Labyrinth" & now I'm teaching myself Ruby while she's watching the television.
? :)
2008-07-14, 12:29 PM #61
Today I got a haircut and toured the city a little on my bicycle. Somewhere between 6-9 miles worth.

Now I'm going to ride 4 miles to class.
2008-07-14, 12:38 PM #62
I saw Rage Against the Machine.
nope.
2008-07-14, 9:45 PM #63
I just got home from a 16 day fire assignment on the Mendocino National Forest. Fought fire, protected pot farms and got chased around by Mexicans with assault rifles.
Pissed Off?
2008-07-15, 10:33 AM #64
Today I applied for jobs.

I think gamestop is going to hire me. And I'm going to try to get a job as a bartender on saturday nights.

And if UPS will start me, my problems will be solved.
2008-07-16, 9:16 AM #65
WTF spam bot ^^

Anyway worked a bit early, relaxing to music (and watched the excellent Zero Punctuation which is the best reviewing I've ever seen).

Might play AoC whilst I wait for Warhammer Beta.
2008-07-16, 10:03 AM #66
Originally posted by Rob:
I think gamestop is going to hire me.

I heard the pay is pretty bad and you have to put up with alot of stupid sh*t from customers. But it could be different in your case.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-07-16, 12:27 PM #67
I deposited my paycheck, painted my nails, and I'm going to go ride ripcord for free in a couple hours. I'm excited :D Yay for my first day off in a while.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2008-07-17, 10:42 AM #68
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I heard the pay is pretty bad and you have to put up with alot of stupid sh*t from customers. But it could be different in your case.

It doesn't matter if the pay is bad.

I just want some money to get internets, and buy groceries, and create a rent safety net over time. Financial aid already pays my rent as of now, but we all know how these things can go. Damned if I'm ever going to be homeless.
2008-07-17, 10:54 AM #69
I just showed one of my professors around my workplace.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-07-17, 10:59 AM #70
Oh, and I got Gundam Battle Universe for the PSP. It's freaking good. It's just all in Japanese... :psyduck:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-07-17, 11:01 AM #71
Went for a run this morning. Got to keep up the fitness level when I'm not fighting fire.
Pissed Off?
2008-07-17, 12:00 PM #72
I went to work, after that i washed and waxed my car, watered the plants in my greenhouse, and decided to buy and learn to play a saxophone :)
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.

↑ Up to the top!