Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Drinking! Yay!
Drinking! Yay!
2008-07-05, 6:08 PM #1
No, I'm not drunk(just started my first drink...) I'm actually fishing for drinking advice since I can now legally drink. What tastes good, what isn't too expensive, what gets you plastered? Am I the only one that can't stand beer of any type? Anyone else love Jack Daniels? What kinds of alcohol should I try?

So far I've found out Mountain Dew Code Red is great for drinking. Obviously the Code Red itself doesn't get you drunk, but it masks the burning and nastiness of some of the harsher alcohols. In fact, I am drinking a hell's brew of at least 5 different hard liquors, but it actually tastes good since I added a can of Code Red.

Also, was I supposed to shake up the irish creme before opening it? It has tiny chunks in it. Or maybe it just binded with one of the many alcohols in my cup. My cup has chunky bubbles.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2008-07-05, 6:12 PM #2
Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
No, I'm not drunk(just started my first drink...) I'm actually fishing for drinking advice since I can now legally drink. What tastes good, what isn't too expensive, what gets you plastered?

Cider, Infused Vodka, and anything is good in IRN-BRU.
nope.
2008-07-05, 6:16 PM #3
....the hell is IRN-BRU?
2008-07-05, 6:17 PM #4
Jack Daniels sucks. It's more watery than water. I had a friend back in freshman year whose signature drink was the "red scare." It consisted of whatever cheap liquor he could get his hands on mixed with Mountain Dew Code Red.
:master::master::master:
2008-07-05, 6:22 PM #5
....the hell is IRN-BRU?

It's the world's greatest soft drink, it has a taste all of it's own, and you people don't have it.

:P
nope.
2008-07-05, 6:39 PM #6
Gin & Tonic
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-07-05, 6:39 PM #7
silver tequila. straight up. chilled.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-07-05, 6:41 PM #8
Not a fan of the tequila. Or vodka. My friend had me try Grey Goose because he said Grey Goose is the best tasting vodka. Tastes like DayQuil.
2008-07-05, 6:51 PM #9
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Gin & Tonic

Sick.

Hawaiian Punch and anything.
2008-07-05, 7:11 PM #10
Or maybe it just binded with one of the many alcohols in my cup. My cup has chunky bubbles.

BINGO. It's curdled. I'd suggest not mixing it in with the rest of the gang, or if you do, drink it very fast (but don't do that too many times consecutively ;)) I'd suggest Irish Car Bombs for that very purpose, but since you're not a fan of the brewskies...
2008-07-05, 9:18 PM #11
you should try an Irish carbomb at least once. you may like it, however if you do get it from a bar that serves Guinness on tap. the difference from the tap and from a bottle is... its not even comparable.

Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Hawaiian Punch and anything.

no joke! Hawaiian Punch and any hard alcohol is the best!

speaking of alcohol... im currently making my own brandy! :omg:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2008-07-05, 10:29 PM #12
Johnnie Walker Red (or black label) scotch over 4 cubes of ice nightly.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-07-05, 11:24 PM #13
Vodka doesn't taste like DayQuil, well, maybe if you got one of the fruity ones. I've been dry for a while, but when I did drink, I strongly favored the gin and tonic or white Russian.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2008-07-05, 11:44 PM #14
Rum, Hawaiian punch, pineapple juice.
2008-07-06, 12:04 AM #15
Captain Morgan's Tattoo + Coca Cola == Epic Winsauce.

I'm having a half and half right now actually. It's like sweet rocket fuel.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2008-07-06, 12:34 AM #16
OMG AARON! I just finished off a bottle of Tattoo with a friend. It's amazing huh? I had to go to 3 liquor stores just to find it, but it was 100% worth it. The stuff is sexual pleasure.
Think while it's still legal.
2008-07-06, 1:35 AM #17
...I take it Tattoo tastes good then? :P
2008-07-06, 1:39 AM #18
...I take it Tattoo tastes good then? :P

It's a very dark spiced rum. It goes down very smooth and mixes well with most dark drinks (as well as some fruit juices). I've got to admit that it's my favorite drink out there right now. It's just too good to pass up.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2008-07-06, 2:31 AM #19
....the hell is IRN-BRU?

Don't listen to Baconfish, it's made from fermented Scottish girders and it'll make you blind >.>
2008-07-06, 3:26 AM #20
Originally posted by Baconfish:
and anything is good in IRN-BRU.

:downswords: :)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-07-06, 6:34 AM #21
Dry Martini. Mmm.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-07-06, 7:40 AM #22
Tattoo tastes like candy.

I'll take straight up morgan any day.

Well and the last time I finished off a handle of tattoo I blacked out...I figured I could do it fine since it was 35% and not 40-45.

:\
D E A T H
2008-07-06, 7:44 AM #23
Single Malt Scottish Whiskeys.

Splash with water.

Smell.

Drink and swill.

Repeat.

Putting sugary **** in your whiskey=lose. And you better not ****ing shoot it.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-07-06, 8:40 AM #24
Originally posted by Spook:
Single Malt Scottish Whiskeys.

Splash with water.

Smell.

Drink and swill.

Repeat.

Putting sugary **** in your whiskey=lose. And you better not ****ing shoot it.

Jack and Coke is NOT lose.
D E A T H
2008-07-06, 9:13 AM #25
Nothing like a margarita (rum and tequila) on a warm summer evening.
2008-07-06, 9:17 AM #26
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Jack and Coke is NOT lose.

If you're a cheerleader.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-07-06, 9:22 AM #27
Originally posted by Spook:
If you're a cheerleader.

haha
:master::master::master:
2008-07-06, 9:41 AM #28
Seagrams gin

Coors Light

Jack

UV Blue

Bush

Ice House
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2008-07-06, 10:46 AM #29
UV Blue is actually kind of good, it's embarrassing. Mixing it with lemonade is a great way to get drunk on the cheap.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-07-06, 10:55 AM #30
Cider, Infused Vodka, and anything is good in IRN-BRU.

This.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-07-06, 11:13 AM #31
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
Seagrams gin

Coors Light

Jack

UV Blue

Bush

Ice House

These are things not to drink.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-07-06, 11:30 AM #32
Also, Kieran, what types of beer have you tried. Y'know, just in case I can recommend one that you missed. :)
2008-07-06, 11:57 AM #33
Originally posted by Ruthven:
:downswords: :)

It's true. Really.
nope.
2008-07-06, 12:35 PM #34
I've tried Bud Light(the least disgusting of the bunch), Heineken, Shiner Bock(the worst beer ever), Labatt Blue, Guiness(not bad when mixed with whiskey though), Corona, I think Coors, Sam Adams Cream Stout, Bud Light Lime(which I can't taste the lime at all)...hmmm, there was some kind of obscure lager I had in Texas that was decent, but I don't remember what it was. I don't remember much from that night in general. I know I'm missing a few.
2008-07-06, 1:32 PM #35
You should probably try an ale in your selection of beers - they're the only beers I'll drink.
nope.
2008-07-06, 1:57 PM #36
The thing to remember is that the vast majority of people must acquire a taste for alcohol. If you want to enjoy beer, you must try it several times before it's tolerable. It's not much different than French children drinking watered down wine for several years before adulthood. I was disgusted by beer & wine until I drank both several times. However, I've enjoyed whiskey since day one. I'm from Kentucky though, so it's not much of a choice.

If I'm drinking beer I prefer Amstel or Budweiser.
? :)
2008-07-06, 2:05 PM #37
You should probably try an ale in your selection of beers - they're the only beers I'll drink.

Seconded. All those others are either lagers or stouts. I'd recommend Blue Moon, Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, Newcastle and Boddingtons as examples of what's widely available in between.

Mentat, yeah, I'm probably in the minority. I always hated the standard macro beers, but the first time I had good beer I really liked it.
2008-07-06, 2:08 PM #38
I like Miller Light.
2008-07-06, 2:39 PM #39
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
Nothing like a margarita (rum and tequila) on a warm summer evening.

This is not a margarita.

Margarita:

Tequila (once again, Silver tequila is best. very smoothe.)
Lime Juice (Substitute margarita mix at will, but lime juice is best)
Triple Sec (or contreau as an alternative.)

notice the lack of Rum.

heathen.

also, most people who dont like tequila have only tried the stuff that is yellowish, very harsh and nasty tasting. 100% agave is clear, very smoothe and has a quite complicated flavour. if people wouldnt look at me wierd, i'd probably sip it over ice. good stuff.

other good tequila drinks:

Tequila Sunrise:

1 part Tequila
2-3 parts OJ (pulpless is best for mixed drinks. and i've gotten some very interesting results from using different flavoured OJs, best one yet has to be the mango peach oj fusion. )
and 1/4 part Grenadine.( red sugar water )

Long Island Iced Tea:

1 part Tequila
1 part Rum
1 part Vodka
1 part Gin
1/2 part Sour Mix
Splash of Cola (for colour)
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-07-06, 3:53 PM #40
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Seconded. All those others are either lagers or stouts. I'd recommend Blue Moon, Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, Newcastle and Boddingtons as examples of what's widely available in between.

Mentat, yeah, I'm probably in the minority. I always hated the standard macro beers, but the first time I had good beer I really liked it.

I second these recommendations. Fat Tire is especially good, and you can't beat a tall, cold glass of Blue Moon with a slice of orange. :)
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!