Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Drinking! Yay!
Drinking! Yay!
2008-07-06, 5:03 PM #41
Unibroue and Ommegang pretty much destroy most other beers.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-07-06, 5:07 PM #42
Originally posted by Ford:
also, most people who dont like tequila have only tried the stuff that is yellowish, very harsh and nasty tasting. 100% agave is clear, very smoothe and has a quite complicated flavour. if people wouldnt look at me wierd, i'd probably sip it over ice. good stuff.

Yeah, tequila is pretty good, but I don't think I'd go as far as sipping it over ice.

I haven't had anything that good because it's usually out of my budget, but I like Silver Xalixco, which is 70% agave and, I think, good for the money. Not the best I'm sure, but not harsh.

Oh, Xalixco is the old Spanish way of writing Jalisco, pronounced "hal-eese-co." :eng101:
2008-07-06, 5:44 PM #43
Originally posted by Spook:
If you're a cheerleader.

I said Jack and Coke not jack a cock. Ell two read :colbert:

Anyways, I like it just fine. 1:1 jack:coke ratio, and it's a ****ing tasty drink.

Otherwise drink that **** straight.

I'm just a rum kinda guy though.
D E A T H
2008-07-06, 5:50 PM #44
This isn't really something you would have in a bar, but if at some point you get a chance to have Sangria, it's the s***. Though there are about a billion ways to make it, so I guess it's not always the s***
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-07-06, 6:03 PM #45
Jägermeister

nuff said.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-07-06, 6:12 PM #46
Landfish is right about everything.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-07-06, 6:14 PM #47
Captain Morgan is the best alcohol I've had to far, followed closely by Jack Daniels. Jager is definitely not bad at all.

OH! I forgot to pick up some crown royal at the liquor store. I've wanted to try it. >.<
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2008-07-06, 6:26 PM #48
Wheres the cider?

:colbert:
nope.
2008-07-06, 7:41 PM #49
Originally posted by SAJN:
OMG AARON! I just finished off a bottle of Tattoo with a friend. It's amazing huh? I had to go to 3 liquor stores just to find it, but it was 100% worth it. The stuff is sexual pleasure.

Mental note to self: Guy that drinks smirnoff "beer" likes tattoo. Never buy or try this product.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-07-06, 7:58 PM #50
I can drink infinite amounts of rum. I'm like a damned pirate.
2008-07-06, 8:13 PM #51
Originally posted by JM:
I can drink infinite amounts of rum. I'm like a damned pirate.

I'm actually why the rum is gone.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-07-06, 8:21 PM #52
Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Captain Morgan is the best alcohol I've had to far, followed closely by Jack Daniels.

:carl:
2008-07-06, 10:39 PM #53
Originally posted by Emon:

He hasn't tried crown yet. Give it time :p
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
Mental note to self: Guy that drinks smirnoff "beer" likes tattoo. Never buy or try this product.

Tastes like candy. Kinda like Jäger but worse.
D E A T H
2008-07-06, 11:20 PM #54
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
He hasn't tried crown yet. Give it time :p

Tastes like candy. Kinda like Jäger but worse.

Jäger = Nyquil.

nom.
2008-07-07, 12:52 AM #55
i ate chinese food and drank about 700ml of jaeger, vomited at some point in the night and thought i had eaten risotto nero
:master::master::master:
2008-07-07, 5:46 AM #56
Quote:
Quote:
Captain Morgan is the best alcohol I've had to far, followed closely by Jack Daniels.

People with different opinions than yours make your head hurt? That explains so much!
2008-07-07, 6:39 AM #57
If you're going to drink Jack Daniels, at least drink Gentleman Jack (the original Jack Daniels recipe) or Jack Daniels Single Barrel. If you're going to mix it with anything, just a splash of gingerale, sprite or club soda. Maybe grenadine.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2008-07-07, 11:32 AM #58
JAEGER

and i'm also partial to amaretto, am i a girl? :(
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2008-07-07, 11:34 AM #59
Amaretto is a key ingredient in lots of mixed drinks. You're a girl for liking it if it's what you're using as the primary source of alcohol in a drink.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2008-07-07, 11:34 AM #60
Captain Morgan spiced is good with coke or ginger ale (pref. Canada Dry, I can't drink any other ginger ale) and lime.

I've drank untold liters of Captain Morgan white over the past few years, I don't think you can get it in the US though.

I really like Havana Club (white), but I doubt you can get it in the US for obvious reasons.

Also, you should really try Crown Royal. Canadian Club is really popular here too, but most will acknowledge that Crown is better (though a bit more pricey).
2008-07-07, 1:09 PM #61
I can't stand any spirits that I've tried. No matter the brand/type, I can only ever taste purely alcohol without any kind of flavour. I've always been tempted to give Southern Comfort a go, however, since it smells pleasant enough when I've been serving it. I'd much prefer a lager over any other drink, however. Carlsberg, Kronenbourg, and Stella/Peeterman Artois are particular favourites of mine. Lately I've been trying some fruit ciders as well. Kopparberg pear cider is absolutely delicious, for example.
2008-07-07, 2:10 PM #62
jagerbombs ftw
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-07-07, 2:17 PM #63
Captain Morgan's original spiced just doesn't seem to affect me anymore. I can guzzle the stuff. Other rums at least taste like alcohol, CMOP tastes like liquid sunshine.
2008-07-07, 2:58 PM #64
Life is too short to drink canadian whiskey.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-07-07, 3:17 PM #65
Originally posted by The Ego Has Landed:
People with different opinions than yours make your head hurt? That explains so much!

what
2008-07-07, 3:49 PM #66
SoCo tastes like caramel if you get the lower proof bottle. Captain Morgan is really good COLD, but warm, it's like drinking razor blades...then again that goes for most liquors. Tattoo and Jager are my top faves at the moment, and oddly enough I heard that Tattoo was created to compete with Jager, well, mission accomplished.
Think while it's still legal.
2008-07-07, 3:54 PM #67
Originally posted by IRG SithLord:
Jäger = Nyquil.

nom.

Since when did nyquil taste like black licorice? :confused:
D E A T H
2008-07-07, 6:13 PM #68
Jager isn't a liquorice liqueur. :confused:
nope.
2008-07-07, 8:26 PM #69
It isn't "liquorish liqueur" but its has a recipe that highly resembles it.
2008-07-08, 11:26 AM #70
I've never thought Jager tasted anything like liquorice. Sambuca does.
2008-07-08, 11:30 AM #71
That's because its made with aniseed.

:P
nope.

↑ Up to the top!