Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Whisky! pt. 2
Whisky! pt. 2
2008-09-18, 10:13 PM #41
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Jägermeister and rum are the only two that are tolerable to me.

Yeah, Jäger's good, too.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-09-18, 10:19 PM #42
I was going to go visit my girlfriend this weekend, but due to a financial complication, I have to put it off for another week. So what am I going to with myself instead? WHISKY! To me, it truly is the only alcohol that warms you like a hug...well, that and mulled wine.
2008-09-18, 10:22 PM #43
Quote:
Didn't you die in a fire? And if not, can you please do so soon?

Who started that rumor?
A big kudos goes out to you for trying to re-ignite a more than 2 year old flame. God I Love you :)

Anyways, Nope.. I actually took a few years hiatus for my film school classes to concentrate on.. Plus, I'm 25 now and living on my own. It was about time along those years that I had to grow up. You should try it sometime ;)

PS. Read sig.

AAAAAAAAAAAnyways..

I prefer Gibsons Finest if I'm drinking Whisky.. But granted, someone said earlier Canadian whisky sucks.. I'll give you guys that much. Canadian beer rocks US beer, but US Whisky >>>>>>>> Canadian whisky water.
2008-09-18, 10:46 PM #44
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Canadian beer rocks US beer

That's not hard to do.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-09-19, 4:47 AM #45
Whiskey and whisky aren't the same thing, it's not just some contentious spelling issue. 'Whisky' is Scottish and 'whiskey' is Irish. American whiskies are usually bourbon.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-09-19, 5:29 AM #46
well theres bourbon whiskey and Tennessee whiskeys, the difference between the two of them being that tennessee whiskey is filtered through sugar maple charcoal. but really, the biggest difference between north american whiskies and irish/scotch, is the addition of corn to the mash. well,that and the water. every distillery thinks the water they use is the best whisky water in the world.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-09-19, 7:03 AM #47
Yay for Mort.

Whisky is Scottish, Whiskey is Irish and if it's from anywhere else it tends to be "Whiskey" with a place name infront of it.
nope.
2008-09-19, 3:25 PM #48
In term of whisky, I'd go for Blaimhor (sp?) or something else I had that was the 'aged 10 years' version of a usually cheaper whisky... might have been Dewars... don't have access to the empty bottle collection (~140 bottles) at the moment unfortunately, it's been left with a former housemate, whose girlfriend is threatening to throw it out, damn her soul. She obviously doesn't appreciate it as an edifice to modern male behaviour.
2008-09-19, 3:53 PM #49
Originally posted by Spook:
Guys most whiskey really doesn't change after 18-20 years and as stated, doesn't really age in the bottle anyway.

Jack Daniels is so harsh because it's like four years old, whereas something like Jameson is like 18.

Wait, are you trying to say Jack is more harsh than Jameson? O_o
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2008-09-19, 4:03 PM #50
Originally posted by Spook:
Guys most whiskey really doesn't change after 18-20 years and as stated, doesn't really age in the bottle anyway.

Jack Daniels is so harsh because it's like four years old, whereas something like Jameson is like 18.

The standard Jameson isn't 18 years old. They sell an 18-year-old whiskey, but it's not their most widely-available product, which I'd bet (though I can't confirm it) isn't aged much more than Jack is.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-09-19, 4:08 PM #51
Originally posted by Rob:
Bourbon whiskey != Whiskey

Well, I said yes because I've grown fond of Jim. I will try more whiskeys once I'm legal. Me and Genki can go bar hopping.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-09-19, 4:22 PM #52
Canadian beer rocks US beer

Are you talking about macrobreweries like Budweiser or Miller? Then yes, of course. However, American craft beer is entirely different.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-09-19, 5:11 PM #53
I would have to say I've never tried nor even heard of "craft" beer. I actually prefer Stella Artois to any beer I've tried :)
2008-09-19, 5:38 PM #54
I would have to say I've never tried nor even heard of "craft" beer. I actually prefer Stella Artois to any beer I've tried :)

I think we're done here.
2008-09-19, 6:32 PM #55
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
The standard Jameson isn't 18 years old. They sell an 18-year-old whiskey, but it's not their most widely-available product, which I'd bet (though I can't confirm it) isn't aged much more than Jack is.

You're right. I've only ever drank the 18 year though.

Actually no cus I'm not 21 :tinfoil:
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-09-19, 9:57 PM #56
Still trying to find out what the hell Craft beer is..
2008-09-19, 10:51 PM #57
Craft beer.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-09-19, 10:57 PM #58

If Stella is your favorite beer, your experience must be limited to such beers as Busch, Special Export, Keystone, Icehouse, and all the other crappy-*** bottom tier beers that you've tried during beer games like flip cup, beer pong, beirut, etc.
2008-09-19, 11:07 PM #59
I am such a beer snob. All my friends were ordering macrobrewery stuff tonight. Meanwhile, I'm looking at the beer list looking for any microbrews. I tried to look for Oggi's, Stone, Karl Strauss, Pizza Port. None available :(
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-09-19, 11:53 PM #60
Quote:
If Stella is your favorite beer, your experience must be limited to such beers as Busch, Special Export, Keystone, Icehouse, and all the other crappy-*** bottom tier beers that you've tried during beer games like flip cup, beer pong, beirut, etc.

Actually.. I rarely drink, even if it's a special occasion. So my alcohol knowledge is limited. Not only that, but I've never tasted or even heard of all those drinks you mentioned.. Not only that, but I've also never played a single drinking game.

I've tried a lot of beers, and I just don't really like them. I don't know what it is but I can't get used to the taste. If I am going to drink a beer, I find Stella Artois is the only one I really can stand. I also don't mind Rickard's Red.
2008-09-20, 1:45 AM #61
Actually.. I rarely drink, even if it's a special occasion. So my alcohol knowledge is limited. Not only that, but I've never tasted or even heard of all those drinks you mentioned.. Not only that, but I've also never played a single drinking game.

I've tried a lot of beers, and I just don't really like them. I don't know what it is but I can't get used to the taste. If I am going to drink a beer, I find Stella Artois is the only one I really can stand. I also don't mind Rickard's Red.

The point is that Stella is basically the European equivalent of Budweiser, and while Stella is acceptable in the category it claims for itself (lagers), that category in and of itself is the weakest and least flavorful kind of beer.

If you want a legit Canadian beer that tastes like something someone would actually want to drink, go for something (anything, really) from Unibroue.
2008-09-21, 7:16 AM #62
Quote:
During the black outs from the apocalypse winds on sunday we rolled through the neighborhoods drinking expensive bourbon and climbing buildings in the dark with a grappling hook someone bought on e-bay.

Yeah, that was some crazy ****. I still have friends without electricity. I'm jealous. I've lived in Kentucky most of my life & none of my friends have grappling hooks.
? :)
2008-09-21, 8:56 AM #63
Yes in part to Jack Daniels.

Speaking of whisky, I've got a work collegue who seems to have a great love for the stuff. He is just bonkers, but without him my job would be less fun :). I suppose whisky tends to bring the best of some people.
2008-09-21, 11:51 PM #64
Quote:
The point is that Stella is basically the European equivalent of Budweiser, and while Stella is acceptable in the category it claims for itself (lagers), that category in and of itself is the weakest and least flavorful kind of beer.

If you want a legit Canadian beer that tastes like something someone would actually want to drink, go for something (anything, really) from Unibroue.

I'll stick to my Stella. As sucky as a lot of you may think it is, my personal preference has found a liking to it compared to everything else. I've never been able to stand any other kind of beer really, I don't understand why but it's just something I can't get used to. Stella is the ONLY beer somehow, I dont know how, that gets past it. Maybe it's because it's weak? I don't know.

↑ Up to the top!