Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What is your most memorable mistake you made in a class in HS?
What is your most memorable mistake you made in a class in HS?
2004-08-12, 12:51 PM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Five words--18 molar HCL on hand.

</font>

Bah, I did 25 molar once. Notice I said once. It's not the sort of thing you do twice. (There was also the time I got concentrated sulfuric acid in my mouth... that was really sour). Or how about the time that I accidentally produced pure bromine vapour... and breathed it in (it hurts like HELL, and it stings the eyes too).

Yes, I love my chemistry.

------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?
Stuff
2004-08-12, 1:03 PM #42
One time me and my friend got kicked out of class for looking at our hands.

me and my friend look pretty sketchy, and I was just sitting there, and he says to me, 'hey man, check this out.' he was taking is two middle fingers and pushing htem against his palm [like the spiderman hand] over and over again, which made your wrist muscles jut out a bit more... so we were totally distracted looking at our hands, and the teacher thought we were stoned or something... so we got kicked out.

It was pretty amusing at the time.

------------------
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,
and neither do we.
President George W. Bush . 2000-2004
former entrepreneur
2004-08-12, 1:31 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyle90:
Bah, I did 25 molar once. Notice I said once. It's not the sort of thing you do twice. (There was also the time I got concentrated sulfuric acid in my mouth... that was really sour). Or how about the time that I accidentally produced pure bromine vapour... and breathed it in (it hurts like HELL, and it stings the eyes too).

Yes, I love my chemistry.

</font>

...and you're still alive after breahing bromine gas and getting concentrated sulphuric acid in your mouth? How the F*** did you manage to pull that off?

has anyone tried mixing sulphuric acid and plain white sugar in a beaker? It extrudes a big piece of pure carbon that looks like a big piece of black s***. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-12, 1:50 PM #44
^ Haha!

------------------
deviantART gallery.
2004-08-12, 3:14 PM #45
I saw that carbon thing on Bill Nye the Science guy and was like "Holy ****!"

------------------
The Devious Server
2004-08-12, 6:20 PM #46
^^^hehehe...we did that in one of those giant glass cups once...we used it as a pencil holder for the rest of the year ^_^

------------------
Tell me not in mournful numbers, Life is but an empty dream, For the soul is dead that slumbers, and things are not as they seem. Life is real, Life is ernest, the grave is not it's goal; Dust thou art, Dust thou returnest, Was not spoken of the soul.
~William Shakespeare
People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only
if there is a light from within.
-Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
2004-08-13, 3:39 AM #47
Hurrah for extremely powerful dehydration agents!! You can only add a bit at a time though. The reaction gets hot enough to evaporate the sulphuric acid if it reacts fast enough.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-13, 4:12 AM #48
My mistake? Not sleeping enough.

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-08-13, 10:32 AM #49
I found a black crayon during story time and started coloring on the tile floor. Some little narc yells out "hes coloring ALL OVER the floor". It was not all over.. it was in a concentrated 5' by 6' area. So the teacher makes me clean up the mess when story time is over. While I'm cleaning it, this little red headed punk starts taunting me for my mistake. I stick my tongue out at him, and the little wuss immediately runs off to tell the teacher that I stuck my tongue out at him. The teacher asks if I did the dirty deed, and I fess up, no attempt to lie. I got in a bit of trouble, but cant remember the details since it happened 15 years ago.

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-08-13, 10:40 AM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
I found a black crayon during story time and started coloring on the tile floor. Some little narc yells out "hes coloring ALL OVER the floor". It was not all over.. it was in a concentrated 5' by 6' area. So the teacher makes me clean up the mess when story time is over. While I'm cleaning it, this little red headed punk starts taunting me for my mistake. I stick my tongue out at him, and the little wuss immediately runs off to tell the teacher that I stuck my tongue out at him. The teacher asks if I did the dirty deed, and I fess up, no attempt to lie. I got in a bit of trouble, but cant remember the details since it happened 15 years ago.

</font>

And this happened at high school? Whoa...

------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?
Stuff
2004-08-13, 5:08 PM #51
In World History, some kid was asking what Hitler's first name was. But it was some kind of mass brain fart in there: nobody could remember. Except for me, of course. I always have the answer. So I helpfully blurt out, "Heil!"

Doh.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin

↑ Up to the top!