Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Red vs Blue Season Two....
Red vs Blue Season Two....
2004-08-14, 10:54 AM #1
Now on sale at Gamestop?! Awesome! I saw a big stand full of RvB Season 2 DVDs at Gamestop today when I went to preorder some things. Anyone else have any of the RvB DVDs?

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 14, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-14, 11:08 AM #2
I've got the first one, the much superior season.

I was so hopped up for Season 2 this year, and I saw the first 5 or 6 episodes and I just didn't laugh at all.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-08-14, 11:11 AM #3
BUCK IS A CORRUPT ADMIN!

Him hating RvB Season 2 is obvious proof of this!

KILL THE HEATHEN!

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-14, 11:40 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
BUCK IS A CORRUPT ADMIN!

Him hating RvB Season 2 is obvious proof of this!

KILL THE HEATHEN!

</font>

...immature and out of line...

On topic, though. I've never seen a single episode of RvB. Would it be amusing to me even though I don't play halo?

------------------
</sarcasm>
Want a free ipod?
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7439474
It actually works, too.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-08-14, 11:52 AM #5
I don't play Halo, and I love it.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-14, 12:21 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Compos Mentis:
...immature and out of line...

</font>

Haha, I think he was making a joke, which has references to the "corrupt admins" thread.

------------------
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
2004-08-14, 12:25 PM #7
It used to be good. Before it, y'know, started to suck (around about the time the second season started).

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"Sam and Max Hit the Road-sign. The one saying 'Stop'."
2004-08-14, 12:27 PM #8
never laughed once during season two... wheres the witty dialouge... the uncalled for cursing... the things that made the first season so great... anyways watch season one and enjoy it then assume in the first episode of season 2 everyone dies from a nuke: the end.

------------------
-if you don't know, then don't ask...
2004-08-14, 1:04 PM #9
I like both seasons. Alot.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-14, 1:05 PM #10
Season 2 won a lot of awards from many different places. It was just as good as one, IMO.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
2004-08-14, 1:48 PM #11
I've got to agree with buck. I couldn't even watch all of Season 2, it was like they killed my best friend.

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-08-14, 2:33 PM #12
SAJN - the Red vs Blue Season 2 DVD has been on sale for awhile at the www.redvsblue.com website. A true fan would know that! =P

And if you listen to the first season's commentary, they explain why they stopped swearing later on.
2004-08-14, 2:43 PM #13
I know it was out before, I just never knew it was being sold at stores.

------------------
2004-08-14, 3:38 PM #14
ME=NOT SMART

Oh yeah, and Mentis, SiliC hit it right on the head...of the nail.

------------------
There is no signature

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited August 14, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited August 14, 2004).]
D E A T H
2004-08-14, 4:08 PM #15
Gamestop is like EB's arch nemesis.

------------------
2004-08-14, 5:22 PM #16
Yeah, nevermind me, was thinking Gamestop=Gamespot. EB=Fileplanet/Gamespy.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-15, 3:14 AM #17
My name is Buck...

And im here to.. .. nevermind

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-15, 4:00 AM #18
I preferred season 2 over season 1 because of the less swearing. And as soon as I've got cash (probably from results), both those DVDs are MINE! Plus maybe a Caboose shirt.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-15, 8:10 AM #19
Donut owns you.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-15, 8:16 AM #20
Season 1 was better, but season 2 isnt without its props. Gotta love doc. Yeah I saw them playing it at walmart...

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-08-15, 12:25 PM #21
"Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?!"

"SHIELAAAAAAAAAAAA! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Never saw RvB season2, but season 1 was ****ing hillarious!!!!

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-08-15, 12:29 PM #22
I haven't seen either of them...

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-08-15, 12:44 PM #23
I really like Red vs. Blue. My sis has the first DVD and I've seen all the other episodes and PSAs. I laughed a lot when I watched the last episode of season two. I can't wait till season three. I saw them playing RvB on an XBox in Target yesterday but I didn't see any DVDs (Didn't look to hard though). I haven't played Halo before, but I really want to now that I've seen RvB. I need a better computer.

------------------
Bellorna-sa ecto mandaba-fa?
2004-08-15, 1:03 PM #24
Unfortunately, PC Halo isn't as fun as X-Box Halo, so RvB kinda gives you false hopes.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-15, 1:13 PM #25
The only console that I have is a Playstation (Origenal not the PS2). I've heard that the XBox version is better, but all we have are computers. Anyway I'd prefer to play with my siblings I think like I do on Jedi Outcast (Would on Jedi Academy, but its copy protected. Anyway my siblings like the instagib mod that I already have for JO). Two of our six computers can play Halo (The others are either too old or are laptops). I have one of the old ones.

------------------
2004-08-15, 1:20 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Unfortunately, PC Halo isn't as fun as X-Box Halo, so RvB kinda gives you false hopes.</font>

OP-IN-ION

------------------
2004-08-15, 5:07 PM #27
RvB = <3

The first few episodes of Season 1 frankly kicked *** . After that, it seemed like they became more scripted. Whereas before it was almost like they just had a very rough idea of what to do, and then improved. Still Season 1 was awesome.

Season 2 started slow, and was good, but never really seemed to gain that much speed. Things were funny, but the best stuff was really few and far between.

I got the last few episodes of Season 2 a few days ago. Being on a modem is tough for that. Unfortunately, of the four episdoes I got (2 were PSAs, 2 were actually episodes) the episodes were either corrupted files, or downloaded half-way and claimed to be finished. I didn't find that out until I got home. I'll have to try again later, but the PSA about the Internet... Man... I was CRYING I was laughing so hard. That was seriously the funniest thing I've seen them do since the beginning of Season 1. It was funny, but scary too. Everything is so true...

I need to buy both of the DVDs when I get more money.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-15, 6:39 PM #28
I just got the season 2 DVD in the mail a couple days ago, it's worth buying just for the extra stuff on there. Even the audio video setup was funny. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-08-15, 7:24 PM #29
I loved Caboose's evil voice in the Season 2; it had me and my friend cracking up all the time.

"Never. Ever. Be. Alone."

Tucker:
"We're all gonna die!!!"
Caboose (Points sniper rifle at Tucker.)
"Starting with you."

Caboose (Normal):
"I can't wait until the tank is fixed..."
Caboose (Evil):
"So I can start killing everyone."
Tucker:
"Y-You mean the Red's..right?"
Caboose (Normal):
"...Yeah..."
Caboose (evil):
"..For starters."

Good Times...

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-15, 7:46 PM #30
I think RvB is going into too much plot. It's hard to tell who is who (with these ghosts and robots and stuff) because they almost all look the same (except color of course.)

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-15, 7:50 PM #31
Really? I didn't have any problems at all. Oh well, I tend to remember more stuff about things I like than is good for me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-15, 8:03 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
Really? I didn't have any problems at all. Oh well, I tend to remember more stuff about things I like than is good for me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

Lol, ya same here. Start talking about things I'm really into and I'd leave a long post probubly.

------------------
2004-08-15, 8:25 PM #33
Ditto.

Anyways, I have yet to see the Season 1 DVD.
I got it for my friend, but unfortunatly when I went to go see her it hadn't arrived yet. Hopefully next time I visit I can watch it with her. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"Judging by the name of the author, and the name of the work, I'd guess it's an energy "beam". You know, like in the Japanese cartoons where those guys with big hair fly around, talk philosophy, and shoot fireballs at each other." - Hellequin
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-08-16, 4:03 AM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
OP-IN-ION

</font>

A rather popular one.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-16, 4:55 AM #35
Ha...Ha...H /SLAP!!!!

------------------
2004-08-16, 7:45 AM #36
Yeah. Halo XBox > Halo PC.

Why?

I for one am so used to playing it on XBox, that when I play it on PC, it always seems to be missing something. I think that something is mainly the force feedback from the controller. Seriously, that added so much to my game when I played. The rest is harder to describe. Halo PC SP is fine really, but MP? Halo PC MP is AWFUL. At least from my expirence.

For starters, Gearbox totally screwed MP over. They added things that shouldn't have been added. Banshees is at the top of that list. I cannot stress how annoying people who fly those things are. The Rocket Hog is downright useless for anything other than getting three people from point A to point B. The Rockets move too slow, it takes far too long to reload, and they don't even fly STRAIGHT. The Fuel Rod Cannon is nice, but I don't think it causes nearly enough damage to the user at close range. I've had people hit me with it when I was no more than 3 feet away. It kills me, but they still walk. I think I've seen maybe 5 people use the flame thrower in all the games I've played. That might be because it's in an out of the way place and doesn't have a long enough range. Lastly, I think Gearbox did a direct port of everything from Halo XBox to PC. Fine by me. But the weapons are now far to powerful. Lets talk about the pistol for a minute. On XBox, you aim with thumbsticks. For me, that ain't easy to do. Making it harder to aim, decreases your accuracy and the range you use it at (It's ALOT easier to hit someone from 5 feet away than it is from several hundred feet away). This in turn makes the weapon a bit weaker. On PC, however, your aiming with the good ole keyboard and mouse. Precise movements are VERY easy. Thus, your aim and accuracy are improved, and you can hit someone from much farther back. This makes the weapon more deadly. What does that mean? The weapons on Halo PC, even though they are probably exactly the same as on XBox, cause more damage. I believe that could have been fixed by decreasing the amount of damage you recieve when hit by them. Oh well.

All in all, Halo PC is fine. But if given the choice of Halo PC or Halo XBox, I'd go for the XBox every time.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2004-08-16, 7:49 AM #37
[much love when the forum doesn't work right]

[This message has been edited by phoenix_9286 (edited August 16, 2004).]
Last Stand
2004-08-16, 10:33 AM #38
This is why i'm waiting for "The Torrent Project" to be released. Its supposed to be a TC for UT2004 with most of the assets of Halo X-Box release ported directly, with better network code an more ballenced weapons. It'd also run better on Unreal2.0 (as far as engines: Unreal2.0>Halo PC)

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-08-16, 11:09 AM #39
That's beautiful, Forsakahn.

Also, Ian, you forget they didn't add one of the most fun playertypes in Halo. Co-op. Seriously, co-op was amazingly fun. I wanted to be able to play online with my friends, to be able to play co-op. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-16, 6:58 PM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
That's beautiful, Forsakahn.

Also, Ian, you forget they didn't add one of the most fun playertypes in Halo. Co-op. Seriously, co-op was amazingly fun. I wanted to be able to play online with my friends, to be able to play co-op. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

</font>

This is true. However, lag would've been a MAJOR issue here. Though I never quite understood why they couldn't code a Co-Op for Lan at the very least.

Much fun in Co-Op. Me and a friend have only just recently gotten towards the end of the campaign on Legendary. It took us awhile, we used Legendary to experiment alot. We'd try new tactics, restart a save point if we didn't like how we did, and of course, screw around and kill each other for the fun of it. Halo Co-Op is awesome. I can't wait to run through Halo 2 with him on Co-Op.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!