Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Red vs Blue Season Two....
Red vs Blue Season Two....
2004-08-16, 8:46 PM #41
.... Coop doesn't lag that much.

I'm on 56k and I can handle Sven coop for half-life easily. And NPCs in Jedi academy hardly lag at all (like not noticible unless you spawn 4 rancors. But other stuff isn't a problem.)And if 56k can handle it, broadband could easily take on coop.

------------------
"Judging by the name of the author, and the name of the work, I'd guess it's an energy "beam". You know, like in the Japanese cartoons where those guys with big hair fly around, talk philosophy, and shoot fireballs at each other." - Hellequin
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-08-17, 1:07 AM #42
It wouldn't lag at all if they had made the game as it should've been. But NOOOOOOO, gearbox made the ENTIRE GAME laggy and bleh.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-17, 3:20 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
It wouldn't lag at all if they had made the game as it should've been. But NOOOOOOO, gearbox made the ENTIRE GAME laggy and bleh.

</font>

Exactly. I don't think they optimized the port well at all.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-17, 3:24 PM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
It wouldn't lag at all if they had made the game as it should've been. But NOOOOOOO, gearbox made the ENTIRE GAME laggy and bleh.</font>

Halo made heavy use of pixel shaders, PS2.0, which is why it lagged so bad, and honestly doesnt look all the great anyway.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-17, 4:35 PM #45
Your PC's all suck [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] because Halo has never lagged on my PC. On and offline.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-17, 4:45 PM #46
Halo doesn't lag at ALL for me since I got my new PC. However, I know for a fact that several people in our local Lan Party group have similar rigs. Some of those people have issues running the game, whilst others don't. Same settings and all.

And then you have the people who have GOD machines and it runs like crap on them, while some person like me who has a middle of the line computer runs it like nothing.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-17, 4:54 PM #47
If I had a DX9 card it'd run smooth as silk. But I've got a Ti4400. *sigh*

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-17, 5:00 PM #48
Just ordered my copy. Which reminds me, I still have to get my Season 1 DVD back. My friend's little brother nabbed it, and won't give it back. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

------------------
Some of you should learn to think a bit and discover - *gasp* - that someone can dislike Michael Moore, Kerry, and Bush!
-Wolfy
2004-08-17, 5:01 PM #49
It lagged badly for me because at the time I had always used 4xAA and 8xAF, in any game. It was that game that made me realize my card was screwed for AA and AF in future games [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
ZGPC

↑ Up to the top!