Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Old topic (/ranting) but...
Old topic (/ranting) but...
2008-12-29, 12:40 AM #41
or maybe some sort of heart disease...:huh:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2008-12-29, 12:45 AM #42
You know, I'm not bothered as much as Jon by the problems with The Dark Knight, but I agree that they are valid criticisms. I'm not sure why Onimusha can't see that.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-12-29, 3:28 AM #43
I just finished watching this movie.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-12-29, 4:58 AM #44
and are afraid to voice your opinion lest onimusha rail down on you?
2008-12-29, 10:35 AM #45
I've seen the movie two times. I enjoyed it both times; it was a successful waste of a few hours. In that sense, it was a good movie, as I was entertained and wasn't very bored.

However, to be honest, the movie was mediocre. The plot was rather predictable, the acting was poor (other than those exceptions already mentioned), editing was poor, writing was fair. In a technical sense, the movie was only OK.

This film was about as good as, oh, a Mad Max movie or a Die Hard film: obviously flimsy and not very well written, well-acted, or well-anythinged, but enjoyable (or at least amusing) and a good diversion for a few hours, which is the whole point of a movie, to entertain the viewer. What makes the most recent two Batman films are, without any doubt, the marvelous special effects. Without fancy effects, the movie would be absolute rubbish. Compared with many of the excellent films of the black and white era, with outstanding acting and writing, and with no special effects, most modern movies (including Batman) are really quite weak.
2008-12-29, 11:06 AM #46
Originally posted by Jon`C:
For example, I (and several other people on this forum) enjoy picking movies apart based on technical and other merits. I may have specific tastes in movies or heightened expectations that were not met.

:psyduck:

This is not how you should watch movies. Gah! That's horrible!
2008-12-29, 11:44 AM #47
Originally posted by Emon:
You know, I'm not bothered as much as Jon by the problems with The Dark Knight, but I agree that they are valid criticisms. I'm not sure why Onimusha can't see that.

Probably because Jon couldn't just state his opinion, and just had to throw in some rather childish insults.
When you flame someone, your opinion is rarely seen as valid, especially not by the flamee.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-12-29, 12:33 PM #48
What the **** are you talking about?

Your opinion isn't any less valid if you're calling someone stupid while you're stating it.
2008-12-29, 12:43 PM #49
He didn't say it WAS less valid but that it was simply SEEN as less valid by the person who insulted.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2008-12-29, 12:44 PM #50
Of course it does. Your opinion might be right, but it is still rarely taken at the same value as an opinion that is displayed in a maturer manner.
If a politician was to stand up and make an argument and finish with "besides you're all a bunch of fecal brains" do you think anyones going to pay attention to what he said before the stupid insult?
That's just one wild example, but it's a pretty standard rule of life. If you want your opinion taken seriously it helps not to throw petty insults around while stating it.
2008-12-29, 12:47 PM #51
Dude, you just throw Jonny some breadcrumbs and watch him tear them into pieces. Then you throw some more. Instantainment!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-12-29, 12:59 PM #52
Yeah good point, I'll just forget this. The thread's been wrecked already anyway.
2008-12-29, 1:00 PM #53
Originally posted by Deadman:
Of course it does. Your opinion might be right, but it is still rarely taken at the same value as an opinion that is displayed in a maturer manner.

Deadman, Onimusha. called us all a bunch of whiners for the sake of whining and told us to "pull the stick out of our [asses] :rolleyes:." I'm not running for public office and I'm not here to uphold some ridiculous notion you have about infantile behavior invalidating a logical point. It's not true. You're correct in the assumption that people are less likely to listen to you while you're insulting them, but you incorrectly assume that it is possible to change the opinion of anybody on this forum and that I have not long since given up on the very idea.
2008-12-29, 2:14 PM #54
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
This is not how you should watch movies. Gah! That's horrible!

It's kind of like the only way I get enjoyment out of the internet: picking apart other people who are wrong.

Originally posted by Hombre:
In that sense, it was a good movie, as I was entertained and wasn't very bored.

However, to be honest, the movie was mediocre.

This man has it right; end of story.
2008-12-29, 2:18 PM #55
Originally posted by Deadman:

I don't think Joncy used one single sylabel insult in any of his posts in this thread. If anything it makes his opinion more valid because I'm sure onimusha had to look up half the words.
2008-12-29, 8:00 PM #56
Stop bastardizing my thread!
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.

↑ Up to the top!