Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Babycakes
Babycakes
2004-08-16, 11:53 AM #1
Babycakes.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-16, 11:57 AM #2
This is becoming kind of disturbing... and I'm only on page 4.

EDIT: Now I'm on page 5, and I have to say... WTF??!!!???!?!?!?!
------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?

[This message has been edited by kyle90 (edited August 16, 2004).]
Stuff
2004-08-16, 12:00 PM #3
I seriously feel sick.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-16, 12:02 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
I seriously feel sick.

</font>

Me too.

Seriously, WTF? I stopped at page 5. That's messed up.

------------------
AIM ID: BlueViper192
E-Mail: FCTuner04--//[at]\\--gmail--//[dot]\\--com

RiP -MaDaVentor-
The Limelite
2004-08-16, 12:04 PM #5
I kinda liked it, but it was pretty disturbing...

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-08-16, 12:07 PM #6
The story was written for PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-16, 12:09 PM #7
That makes it different. More funny, in a really really really disturbed sort of way. Even though I think PETA is WAY over the top.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-16, 12:25 PM #8
Well Peta, when the animals all go away, I'll be the first to drop detergent into a baby's eye. I promise.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.

[This message has been edited by jEDIkIRBY (edited August 16, 2004).]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-16, 12:25 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
Well Peta, when the animals all go away, I'll be the first to drop detergent into a baby's eye. I promise.

JediKirby

</font>

<3 on so many levels

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-16, 12:36 PM #10
I know this is supposed to be thought provoking... But do you realize if each one of us killed a thousand animals per day, it would take us over ten years to kill every animal on the planet. And that's if they didn't reproduce.

------------------
Change is never a choice. You change, and you are who you have become. And there's not a damned thing you can do about it.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-16, 12:40 PM #11
Is that counting insects, though?

If everybody on earth killed one person each day, it wouldn't take long at all for everyone to die.

------------------
2004-08-16, 1:59 PM #12
If baby leather really is that soft and comfortable, i want a new jacket!

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-16, 3:11 PM #13
i'd be game for it.

really, peta needs to stop making things that are appealing to weirdos on different levels.

unless thats their tactic... lets protest or something.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-16, 3:13 PM #14
PETA didn't make that. It was made FOR PETA by Neil Gaiman, author of Neverwhere, American Gods, and the Sandman comics.

------------------
2004-08-16, 3:18 PM #15
I have a suggestion for everyone. Don't start on page 5. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

I wnet back and read it from the beginning and it's 10,000X better.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-16, 3:19 PM #16
Well I don't like animals. Maddox said it best.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-16, 6:50 PM #17
That was actually quite remarkably stupid.

------------------
"Why aren't I'm using at these pictures?" - Cloud, 4/14/02
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-08-16, 9:01 PM #18
psha, screw PETA

I'm forming PETB
People for ethical treatment of babies

------------------
yay for not posting much ever
enjoy.music
yay for not posting much ever
2004-08-17, 2:48 AM #19
That cartoon made me kinda hungry, but I can't find any KFB's around.

Oh well.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-08-17, 2:57 AM #20
Neverwhere was an alright book.

still a funny comic.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-17, 5:51 AM #21
hehehhehehehe

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-08-17, 6:23 AM #22
To be honest, I don't see what's so offensive. People have been making dead baby jokes since the invention of babies. And yes, I do know what it is.

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-17, 10:04 AM #23
LMAO.

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-17, 10:30 AM #24
What a senseless comic. It'd funny if it weren't supposed to be serious.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-17, 10:38 AM #25
It's only as serious as you decide to interpret it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-17, 11:58 AM #26
Dead baby jokes aren't the same as "I'm eating and wearing this baby."

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-17, 12:39 PM #27
Obviously, the comic is clearly trying to make us feel sympathy for animals by using babies in their place. They are getting you to think "You wouldn't want to do that to babies so why would it be different on animals?" If you found the stuff done to the babies sick, that is the whole point. If you think it is just sick talk about doing stuff to babies, you need to read the comic again from the beginning. Otherwise, you clearly missed the point.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378

[This message has been edited by SavageX378 (edited August 17, 2004).]
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-08-17, 12:44 PM #28
I always loved how peta is all sympathetic for only the fuzzy animals. You know, to hell with bugs and such. They're "pests." Well, you know something. At 80 mph in a 1991 Chevy Blazer, a deer is a pest too. The deer just doesn't look like a science fiction monster. The folks at peta have the mentality of a really femenine 9 year old.

"AAAWWWWW look at the bunny. Isn't he cute? We better SAVE HIM!"

"That fly is bothering me. Kill it."

------------------
Change is never a choice. You change, and you are who you have become. And there's not a damned thing you can do about it.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-17, 1:04 PM #29
Wow, finally a person who understand the point of it replies...

------------------
2004-08-17, 1:44 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SavageX378:
Obviously, the comic is clearly trying to make us feel sympathy for animals by using babies in their place. They are getting you to think "You wouldn't want to do that to babies so why would it be different on animals?" If you found the stuff done to the babies sick, that is the whole point. If you think it is just sick talk about doing stuff to babies, you need to read the comic again from the beginning. Otherwise, you clearly missed the point.

-- SavageX

</font>

Presactly!

------------------

2004-08-17, 5:08 PM #31
Knowing the point doesn't make me feel any less sickened. Jesus christ are you all THAT desensitized?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-17, 5:16 PM #32
Thats just stupid...

Why would someone make that? Its not sick, its just a cartoon. But, its pointless and stupid.

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-08-17, 5:39 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Knowing the point doesn't make me feel any less sickened. Jesus christ are you all THAT desensitized?

</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
2004-08-17, 5:47 PM #34
Well, if there were no animals, I'd have no problem with killing and eating other humans. But why bother with babies? They're like chicken wings - all bone and no meat!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-17, 5:57 PM #35
Roll your eyes all you want freakboy.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-17, 6:37 PM #36
All I can think of now is the South Park Episode with Christopher Reeves....

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-08-17, 7:26 PM #37
Dj Yoshi, since you obviously don't get the point of the strip, let me give you an example of how silly your logic is here:

Let say that I wanted to convince some people that running over cats in the road is a bad thing. Since they can't seem to understand how cruel it is to do it to cats, I'll replace the cats with humans. Now, I tell them that running over humans is bad and they agree that that is messed up. Now I tell them that running over cats is just as bad if not worse. All of them agree but one guy says that I'm a freak because he is disgusted that I spoke about humans getting run over by cars and completely misses the point that the example was meant to show how it is wrong to run over cats.

You, my friend, is that very person who didn't get the point in that example. You are too hang up on the fact on what that comic talked about abuse of babies yet the whole point was that the babies are being used the way animals are being used RIGHT NOW. You get it yet or do I need to explain it again?

-- SavageX

------------------
2004-08-17, 9:59 PM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
If everybody on earth killed one person each day, it wouldn't take long at all for everyone to die.</font>
Excluding mass suicide it's impossible for every human being to kill a human.
2004-08-17, 11:07 PM #39
Well to DJ Yoshi...desensitized?? Its a cartoon that switches babies in place with animals. If that disgusts you, then you are oversensitive.

And everyone here READ AMERICAN GODS. It's by this Neil Gaiman guy and it's an incredible book. By far my favorite book of all time.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-08-17, 11:27 PM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
Excluding mass suicide it's impossible for every human being to kill a human.</font>

Everyone just needs to stand in a circle and stab the next person's back.

------------------
MadQuack has a signature.
I'm just a little boy.

↑ Up to the top!