Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Error Installing Farcry
Error Installing Farcry
2004-03-28, 10:39 AM #41
I'm gettin Windows from "someone" in a "couple of hours" so I'll update my status then.

BTW, is there any way for me to just extract the files from the CD that I need? Or do I have to reinstall Windows? And if I do reinstall Windows, it'll delete everything on my HD right?

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-28, 11:12 AM #42
Honestly, I haven't reinstalled windows in AGES, so I couldn't tell you about formatting your hdd to do it, though I believe so. As for your "Someone", I suspect you'll have an image which you can manipulate in the way you need. If all else fails, use alcohol and if you need a place to obtain these, then message me on AIM. Dj Yoshmo. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-04-10, 8:38 PM #43
i had exact same problem,"1607: unable to install installshield scripting runtime" wtf just installed painkiller np,week before that battelfield vietnam np, now far cry has this error hmm ... WTF anybody now of a fix , im runnin Xp pro, an my rig is tight...help would be great
2004-04-10, 9:40 PM #44
found solution to "1607 unable to install installshield scripting runtime" in Far Cry, it is : click administrative tools> click component services> click services local> (scroll down list that comes up on right when u see windows installer)> right click on it and select properties> where it says startup type change it to automatic,... this got my copy of far cry to install im running Xp pro an i searched for 2 days for this hope it helps .
2004-05-17, 8:06 AM #45
I've got a sollution for your Problem. It worked fine when i tried it! Because I am from austria, I don't know the words for some Buttons...
klick "Start" then "Ausführen" and enter the following things, hitting OK each time you've entered them:

msiexec /unregister HIT "OK"
msiexec /regserver HIT "OK"

now you can install with the windows installer again..
I hope it works fine!!
Nice Greetings...

Atze
2004-05-17, 9:34 AM #46
Haha thanks man, but I reinstalled Windows a loooooooooooong time ago and got it to play the game.

Thanks for carin though

------------------
My Life.
2004-08-22, 2:53 AM #47
Windows XP:
Activate Windows Installer and DCOM Services to install the game.

Found solution on installShield support-site

(last post)
---
cu
-mic
2004-08-22, 3:06 AM #48
why does this thread keep getting bumped every month or so?

------------------
╔═════════════╦══════════════════╗
║ TheJkWhoSaysNi║ -----@% (Snail racing. ) .║
╠═════════════╩══════════════════╣
║Warning: This post may contain traces of nut║
╚════════════════════════════════╝
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-22, 2:57 PM #49
Wow. wth?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-22, 3:05 PM #50
NECROPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-22, 3:05 PM #51
Well, I guess this thread will now be in tribute of Em Playa...or something...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-22, 4:55 PM #52
Yeah, I think he should be unbanned if he agrees to the following terms:

-type in ENGLISH

That is all.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!