Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Roomate Nightmare
Roomate Nightmare
2009-04-05, 7:45 PM #1
Listen up morans, I have to get something off my chest.

Long story short, my roomate is a dick. Allow me to explain why.

Rewind to February. My old roomate (he was a random roomate) who I got along with great moved out to live with a very close friend of his. So I was alone for two weeks, which was nice. Anyway, they give me a guy from the other side of campus. He was kicked out of his other dorm building for two alcohol violations (seriously, you need to be an idiot to party in the dorms here.)

He seemed alright at first. As time went on, he started to become more of a dick. This is where things really go downhill. On St. Patty's day, he brings home a girl and has sex with her. Problem is, I'm laying in my bed WIDE AWAKE. When I confront him the next morning, he says it was a lapse in judgment and it wouldn't happen again. He smirked as he said it, so of course I'm sketched about it.

He picks very bad times to blast his mainstream rap music while I try to study. He brings in his old drinking buddies from the other dorm, who have no respect for me or my things. The thing that has brought me over the edge, causing me to even make a thread about it is that I came back to my room today to discover that he had rearranged the room. He did not consult me about it ahead of time, I just walk in and he is sitting there with a smirk on his face. Things that I had hanging from my bedpost were now laying on the floor.

When I told him that he should have consulted me first, he seemed to get pretty ticked off. He has it so that in order for him to get in his bed (Which is now bunked over mine), he has to step on my desk, which has my laptop on it, along with other important things. If he's trashed, he could damage my things.

I let the St. Patty's incident slide, but this is just ridiculous. Massassi, what the hell is my next move? Do I re-rearrange the room when he's gone one day to prove a point? Should I consult my Resident Assistant or Hall Director? The nice part is that he has two alcohol violations and I have zero, which could help my case if something were to come up.

As with most Massassians, I am incapable of thinking for myself which is why I am asking you for help. What should I do?

Also, planting beer in his fridge is not an option.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-04-05, 7:46 PM #2
Also, in before grammar nazi for thread title.
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-04-05, 7:49 PM #3
So basically you're mad at this guy because he has more of a social life than you and has sex, and you don't?
2009-04-05, 7:57 PM #4
Hehe.

I'd ask the RA if there was anything that could be done. Maybe a new room assignment for one of you.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-04-05, 7:58 PM #5
Trying to study in your dorm room is really stupid. Seriously.

Also, when a roommate brings a lady back to the room, it is courtesy to leave them to their business (with in reason).

As to the other stuff, you're letting the guy walk all over you. Coming here and starting a thread about it isn't going to resolve the problem. telling your roommate that you've got some issues with him than are pissing you off, however, might actually accomplish something.
Pissed Off?
2009-04-05, 7:59 PM #6
Or you could knock him on the jaw then do his *****.

You know, just saying. Being a Beta Male isn't going to get you anywhere in this situation.

You have to **** life before it ****s you.
2009-04-05, 8:03 PM #7
I don't get it, what else are you supposed to do with a chick you brought home from the bar?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-04-05, 8:10 PM #8
You should have jumped in the bed with them
2009-04-05, 8:11 PM #9
Originally posted by zanardi:
I don't get it, what else are you supposed to do with a chick you brought home from the bar?

Hey hey, it's not petmcs fault no one told him about the birds and the bees.
2009-04-05, 8:12 PM #10
Originally posted by Avenger:

Also, when a roommate brings a lady back to the room, it is courtesy to leave them to their business (with in reason).

So if your roommate is trying to sleep, you are going to get his *** out of bed just so you can have sex with some random girl? Seriously, he should find some other place to do it.

Originally posted by Avenger:

Trying to study in your dorm room is really stupid. Seriously.

Try saying that when you live in cold Wisconsin weather and your campus library is a fifteen minute walk. And don't say "Just find some place else" because it's not exactly easy to find an area of the dorm building that isn't loud or has people playing Mario Kart.

It's only 5 more weeks of this crap. I think I can handle it.
2009-04-05, 8:12 PM #11
Originally posted by Squirrel King:
You should have jumped in the bed with them

A high five at the very least.
2009-04-05, 8:19 PM #12
Originally posted by Rob:
So basically you're mad at this guy because he has more of a social life than you and has sex, and you don't?

Dicks tend to hang out with other dicks it seems, no pun intended. My friends are just mellow all the time and don't act like jerks to people they don't know. I'll admit, it's been a while since I've been with a girl, but I know the time and place to do it, unlike him.
2009-04-05, 10:18 PM #13
Talk to the RA, get transferred, problem solved.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-04-05, 10:39 PM #14
Your dorm doesn't have a study room or quite common areas?
Pissed Off?
2009-04-05, 10:44 PM #15
i would study in the hall
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-05, 10:46 PM #16
talk to the RA, they can talk to him, and you can wipe your hands clean of it. At the same time, anything of value should be kept with you at all times if the RA does talk to him. A guy like that will F*** your stuff up.
Mirthy

King James the 1st- “I will not give a turd for thy preaching”
2009-04-06, 4:46 AM #17
Can't you ask to get moved on the grounds of you roommate being an ******?

That's what I almost did until he dropped out. :D
nope.
2009-04-06, 4:56 AM #18
Asian students have killed for less!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-04-06, 6:43 AM #19
My ex-roomate used to get drunk, smoke weed, do coke off my desk, and have sex about 3 feet away from me at 4am.

But then he got curb-stomped for messing with the wrong dude and now he looks like an ogre. Serves him right.
Think while it's still legal.
2009-04-06, 7:19 AM #20
Why would he do it off your desk? What was wrong with his?

And did he really get curb stomped? That's funny.
2009-04-06, 7:23 AM #21
Theres nothing funny about that.

:colbert:
nope.
2009-04-06, 7:35 AM #22
I'd have him removed for what you just said. Don't waste your time talking to him, he should be kickedTFO.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-04-06, 7:42 AM #23
Is sharing bedrooms really that common?

I mean, as far as I can remember all of the Halls I looked around were individual rooms with common areas. I couldn't imagine how bloody awkward it would be to sleep in the same room as someone else I'd literally just met.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2009-04-06, 7:56 AM #24
Common, as in, on every campus dormitory?
Yes then.

It's not awkward...why should it be?
If the guy has sex without asking you to leave, yes, it's perhaps awkward for some.
It'd called sexile.....GTFO so I can get it on!

(Edit, SOME rooms are available for single. You have to pay more though. Probably 1 out of 50 might be single)
2009-04-06, 8:05 AM #25
I got sexiled by my best friend once on the one day I visited him at his college. :(
DO NOT WANT.
2009-04-06, 8:12 AM #26
It wasn't good, but hardly anyone had a shared room in halls at Glasgow Uni.

I was just unlucky.
nope.
2009-04-06, 8:48 AM #27
I think all the rooms on the University of Liverpool campus are single rooms with a shared kitchen/common area. Might be a European thing, my friend in Sweden said her halls are like that as well.

Coincidentally, I saw a video today of a person getting revenge on their roommate by tying their trousers to the bunk (they were on the top) by the belt of their jeans while they were passed out, then video taped him trying to get down when he woke up.
2009-04-06, 8:53 AM #28
Originally posted by Zell:
I got sexiled by my best friend once on the one day I visited him at his college. :(

I got sexiled from my friends house when i stayed there for 2 nights. i dont understand how or why...i was in the guest room.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-06, 8:57 AM #29
just do crazier crap than he does (without getting caught,) you said he has to step on your desk to get to his bunk? always have tacks all over the desktop! start buying creepy taxidermy animals and putting them all over the room. if he has sex again while your in the room start singing flight of the Valkyries as loud as you can. eventually he will get so sick of you he will request to be moved, or he will try and pick a fight, then soon as he takes a swing get him kicked out of school and press charges.

...unless taxidermy and Flight of the Valkyries make him randy then your in for some trouble.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-04-06, 9:02 AM #30
Alright, for once in my life, I am listening to Rob's advice. I am going to have some fun with this.

When he leaves for the weekend, I will put the room back to its previous arrangement, but with one change. I am going to litter our room with Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers posters. So when he comes back, I'll be all like..

"Yeah, we decided to change it back because we liked it better. I also added some new decorations, I was going to call you, but then I figured, eh, he won't care."

Also, all my valuables are locked in a drawer in my desk. There's no way he can touch that stuff.

If I decide to go through with it, I'll post some pics.
2009-04-06, 9:07 AM #31
Originally posted by - Tony -:
Is sharing bedrooms really that common?

I mean, as far as I can remember all of the Halls I looked around were individual rooms with common areas. I couldn't imagine how bloody awkward it would be to sleep in the same room as someone else I'd literally just met.

Depends on the school, really. My school was about 50/50 in terms of single-room dorms and double-room dorms. My freshman year I had a room to myself on a hall with ~25 other people. My sophomore year we were in a two story "house" with 10 individual bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, two bathrooms, etc. My junior and senior years I shared a bedroom with one of my good friends, and we lived in a place with 4 of our other friends (two had their own individual rooms, the other 2 shared one room) with a kitchen, bathroom, etc. And yes, during that time, of the 4 of us that shared our rooms with another person, it was pretty common for any one of us to have to sleep out on the couch.
2009-04-06, 9:27 AM #32
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
just do crazier crap than he does (without getting caught,) if he has sex again while your in the room start singing flight of the Valkyries as loud as you can.

and if the bed is still bunked start shaking it
:D
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-04-06, 9:35 AM #33
Originally posted by Jep:
Asian students have killed for less!

!!!!

I'd probably do things to mess with him too, but I also agree that you should've ducked out when he brought the girl home. If you were about to score, you'd be pretty pissed off if he just laid in bed making "psh" noises.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-04-06, 9:44 AM #34
Originally posted by Petmc.:
Alright, for once in my life, I am listening to Rob's advice. I am going to have some fun with this.

When he leaves for the weekend, I will put the room back to its previous arrangement, but with one change. I am going to litter our room with Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers posters. So when he comes back, I'll be all like..

"Yeah, we decided to change it back because we liked it better. I also added some new decorations, I was going to call you, but then I figured, eh, he won't care."

Also, all my valuables are locked in a drawer in my desk. There's no way he can touch that stuff.

If I decide to go through with it, I'll post some pics.

Is that the best you could come up with?

You should probably prepare to be walked on a lot more in life.
2009-04-06, 9:58 AM #35
Originally posted by JediKirby:
!!!!

I'd probably do things to mess with him too, but I also agree that you should've ducked out when he brought the girl home. If you were about to score, you'd be pretty pissed off if he just laid in bed making "psh" noises.

I'd probably start singing "In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tooonighhhttttt"
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-04-06, 10:13 AM #36
Originally posted by Rob:
Is that the best you could come up with?

You should probably prepare to be walked on a lot more in life.

lol yea, the posters thing is weak. He's just going to rip them down and laugh at you and you wasted the money.

You should also do things that he wont know you did, but you will, so you get a big kick out of it..
I sprinkled pubes all over someones sheets once.
2009-04-06, 10:28 AM #37
Then could Rob or Squirrel King come up with a better plan?
2009-04-06, 11:14 AM #38
Originally posted by SAJN:
My ex-roomate used to get drunk, smoke weed, do coke off my desk, and have sex about 3 feet away from me at 4am.

But then he got curb-stomped for messing with the wrong dude and now he looks like an ogre. Serves him right.

...no it doesn't.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-04-06, 11:32 AM #39
piss in his bed or something
DO NOT WANT.
2009-04-06, 11:42 AM #40
i have one word for you... fireants!!!!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob

↑ Up to the top!