Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Roomate Nightmare
Roomate Nightmare
2009-04-06, 11:47 AM #41
These are all good ideas that I shall ponder.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-04-06, 12:40 PM #42
You could start by leaving the room when your room mate is sexing. It's common courtesy.

You should probably go to the library to study.

You need a girlfriend, if you want petty sexile revenge.

Or you could stop being a puss and rough up old boy's face a bit.
2009-04-06, 12:46 PM #43
Drink is beer, among other things. That would piss off any drunk.

If you can't get a girl to sexile him, just start hanging around the room naked.
2009-04-06, 12:46 PM #44
Beating up your roommate for annoying you is a great way to get expelled.
DO NOT WANT.
2009-04-06, 12:48 PM #45
Originally posted by Rob:
You could start by leaving the room when your room mate is sexing. It's common courtesy.

You should probably go to the library to study.

You need a girlfriend, if you want petty sexile revenge.

Or you could stop being a puss and rough up old boy's face a bit.

I'm pretty sure common courtesy is don't use the room if theres someone in it already.
nope.
2009-04-06, 1:32 PM #46
I agree with Baconfish.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-04-06, 1:39 PM #47
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I'm pretty sure common courtesy is don't use the room if theres someone in it already.

American College != crazy no way UK college island
2009-04-06, 1:45 PM #48
I went to college in America and I'm agreeing with baconfish.
2009-04-06, 1:48 PM #49

Maybe to someone whose family tree is firmly planted in a trailer park.
2009-04-06, 1:49 PM #50
Don't you also live off campus, with your own neat little bedroom?

Things function slightly different when you share a room with someone else. If your room mate is getting busy, you get up and leave. It's somewhere in the unwritten laws of man.
2009-04-06, 1:51 PM #51
I lived in the dorms for two years. I don't know what youre talking about. Sure if they're in there while youre out thats one thing, but i'm not getting out of bed at 4am because of that.
2009-04-06, 1:53 PM #52
So be jealous and suffer.
2009-04-06, 1:54 PM #53
Brilliant recovery for your argument!
2009-04-06, 1:57 PM #54
Don't you also live off campus, with your own neat little bedroom?

Things function slightly different when you share a room with someone else. If your room mate is getting busy, you get up and leave. It's somewhere in the unwritten laws of man.

Yes, the only dorm experience I had was a two bedroom apartment.

None the less, my flatmate always let me know when people were coming over. He didn't have to, but it's common courtesy to let people know you're gonna be "busy".

That's all it takes: "Hey dude later tonight someone might come over". That's it, done. Just wandering in without regard is rude and disrespect that the room is shared.
2009-04-06, 2:01 PM #55
So if my room mates dog wakes me up in the middle of the day because he needs to go to the bathroom, do I let him **** on the floor?
2009-04-06, 2:02 PM #56
AND

because i know rob will say that getting laid can sometimes happen unexpectedly fast

you just have to run in the room real quick without your girl and lay it out for your roommate, and he'll understand (if he's a male). busting in with your girl and getting naked instantly is kind of... meh. a dick move.

[EDIT: insta-posted by the very man i was refuting! bugger all!]
DO NOT WANT.
2009-04-06, 2:06 PM #57
So if my room mates dog wakes me up in the middle of the day because he needs to go to the bathroom, do I let him **** on the floor?

what the **** are you even talking about.
2009-04-06, 2:08 PM #58
Originally posted by mb:
what the **** are you even talking about.

Ditto.

I was looking at it for a good while before I realized that it just doesn't make sense.

I think Rob broke or something.
2009-04-06, 2:30 PM #59
Point:

Living with people sucks. I have three room mates, we only have a one bedroom apartment. You have to be willing to make concessions. If you aren't, you will get walked on, **** will be a mess, things will get broken.

If there are dishes in the sink, you do them

If the dog needs to ****, you take it for a walk.

If your room mate wants hanky panky time you leave for a bit.
2009-04-06, 2:44 PM #60
Point:

Living with people sucks. I have three room mates, we only have a one bedroom apartment. You have to be willing to make concessions. If you aren't, you will get walked on, **** will be a mess, things will get broken.

Dude, you're like the best roomate ever.

I'll just leave my dishes and dog to you, while I'll bring in my friends to party hardy (and you'll just clean that up too, I guess, by the same logic).
2009-04-06, 2:46 PM #61
You have to be willing to make concessions.

Yes, this. But that doesn't mean you can bring over a girl at 4am and expect your roomate to be cool with it.
2009-04-06, 2:46 PM #62
Everyone here cleans and takes care of the dogs.

I left a hell of a mess before I left for school today. It'll probably be clean by the time I get home. It usually is.
2009-04-06, 7:23 PM #63
Haven't seen you in a while, Kuat. Is your med school done?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-04-06, 7:36 PM #64
My roommate cooked rice for me and put up with my mess because I was so busy and tired.

I probably would've been mad if someone slept in my bed, but I didn't sleep in my bed like 70% of the time because I was too tired to take off my clothes and walk 5 feet to get to the bed. So I slept in one of those bowl chair things (Best invention ever). My roommate even gave me a blanket to use. What an awesome guy.
一个大西瓜
2009-04-06, 8:34 PM #65
Originally posted by Tracer:
Haven't seen you in a while, Kuat. Is your med school done?

Woulda been, but I'm taking a year off to do some bench research to buff up my resume and make some connections before applying for residency.

Thanks for asking though. Nice to see someone is aware of my presence :ninja:
2009-04-06, 8:48 PM #66
at least your roomate isnt like my friends old one who left nasty dirty periodbloody undearwear all over and stared at you while you slept.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-06, 9:01 PM #67
Originally posted by andreawesome:
at least your roomate isnt like my friends old one who left nasty dirty periodbloody undearwear all over and stared at you while you slept.

that's ****ing gross.
You shoulda ***** slapped that hoe and straightened her out.
That reminds me of my friend who was one a janitor and would regularly find ... erm... bloody objects laying around in the womens bathroom. No, not in the trash or where ever you put them. Just ... laying around on the floor.

Mind you, this was a insurance building. So it was upper class women working here. WTF.
2009-04-06, 9:08 PM #68
Point:

Um... Wow. Thats one of the most stupidest things I've heard, and it's also very situational.

If you have a roomate like the OP, then doing dishes and cleaning constantly after HIS mess, is just going to encourage him to do it more and walk over you more. You do all the cooking, cleaning and what not, they'll just keep on doing what they do and won't even think, Gee. He did the dishes last night, I guess I'll do them tonight. He's gonna say "let the ***** do it, I'm gonna get drunk and **** in the bunk at 4am when he's asleep"

If you have a good group of people who respect each other, have like interests and get along, yeah thats fine take turns doing dishes and cleaning, but I guarantee 99.99% of college and post college roommates are NOT like this. and alot of rules have to be put forth, acknowledged and agreed upon and enforced by everyone, other wise you get the nagger who you just want to punch every once and a while.

Honestly, what ever your smoking, pass it along and let me know where you found your roommates, maybe I can kick out mine and get one of your magical do things for me roommates.

But honestly, if you have a shared room, find some place else to shag or at least try and be quite about it. Show SOME respect for your roommate, Hell we've had girls here, granted it's a 2 brdm apartment, but still. we try to keep it down so we don't wake the other up at 4am. Alone? go nuts, but when it's 4am and your roommate is already asleep, either keep it down or find somewhere else to go.

he's exactly right, it's his room to and he shouldn't have to leave because his roommate is drunk.
The Gas Station
2009-04-06, 9:43 PM #69
Originally posted by Squirrel King:
that's ****ing gross.

yooooooo

superman that ho! :eng101:
DO NOT WANT.
2009-04-06, 10:18 PM #70
that's ****ing gross.
That reminds me of my friend who was one a janitor and would regularly find ... erm... bloody objects laying around in the womens bathroom. No, not in the trash or where ever you put them. Just ... laying around on the floor.

Mind you, this was a insurance building. So it was upper class women working here. WTF.

well i never met the chick. my friend and a couple of her friends were telling me about it. i gagged. she reported her and she got transferred to a single room.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-06, 11:04 PM #71

By whose standard?

People who work for an institution whose sole purpose is corruption and exploitation are pretty lowbrow if you ask me.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-04-07, 3:58 AM #72
You're not allowed to drink alcohol in dorms? How absolutely ****ing lame.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-04-07, 4:11 AM #73
Originally posted by Freelancer:
By whose standard?

People who work for an institution whose sole purpose is corruption and exploitation are pretty lowbrow if you ask me.

Well upper class in the fact they all made a bunch of money.
2009-04-07, 4:33 AM #74
Originally posted by andreawesome:

Was she hot?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-04-07, 5:13 AM #75
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:

Agreed.

Then again most first years there are underage. :P
nope.
2009-04-07, 10:03 AM #76
Originally posted by Krokodile:
Was she hot?

my friend or her ex roomate?
2009-04-07, 10:26 AM #77
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:

its the whole thing with alcohol deaths, dry campuses and such, school liability if they do something stupid
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-04-07, 10:52 AM #78
Damn, you guys should come visit British Universities at Fresher's Week. Stupendous alcohol intake and irresponsible sex are practically entry requirements.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-04-07, 11:07 AM #79
I spent at least £120 on alcohol for myself during freshers week in the union.

I almost missed matriculation. :P
nope.
2009-04-07, 11:28 AM #80
petmc, what school do you go to in Wisconsin. I forgot you were one of us....
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!