Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Towels will soon become obsolete...
Towels will soon become obsolete...
2004-08-19, 8:31 PM #1
You will no longer need to dry off after a shower... as well as various other things...

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/04132004_bb_sapphire.html#

------------------
The Matrix is not Linux compatible.

You need only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-08-19, 8:33 PM #2
That is way cool.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 19, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-19, 8:34 PM #3
can you drink it though?

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-19, 8:48 PM #4
This is a really cool discovery, I hope they don't find out it does something terriable, increase the risk of a sickness or something.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-19, 9:14 PM #5
I don't know if I'm the first to think of this but...

This could mean considerably faster computer processors, because you could keep all components submerged within saphire at all times.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-19, 9:14 PM #6
You know... that could work wonders for liquid cooling in pc's. You could fill a whole tightly sealed case with the stuff, and cool it... overclocking heaven...

*drools*

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-19, 9:24 PM #7
... that's what I just said.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-19, 9:33 PM #8
Notice the time... 12:14

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-19, 10:07 PM #9
my dad usta work for Tyco. weird stuff. It problly causes cancer (i really have no idea).

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-08-19, 11:01 PM #10
'Sapphire' is a bit of a stupid name.

You won't know if you're talking about this chemical or the blueish gemstone.

Ordering a computer in sapphire.. clonk!
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-19, 11:18 PM #11
I'll make millions when I drink the fluids dripping from a cracked suspended fire system and sue the company. Early retirement, here I come.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-19, 11:22 PM #12
Cool Stuff

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-20, 1:42 AM #13
But does it clean?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-20, 2:04 AM #14
Towels will never become obsolete because they look far too cool...

[http://freespace.virgin.net/ok.then/me11.jpg]

------------------
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
2004-08-20, 2:29 AM #15
cool.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-20, 2:43 AM #16
Why have we only found out about this now, when the article was written in April?

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.dreamtheater.net/disco_dreamtheater.php?s=sfam" TARGET=_blank> "Our deeds have traveled far,
What we have been is what we are."</A>
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-08-20, 2:44 AM #17
You know, the properties that prevent this water substitute from saturating objects would also prevent it from dissolving grime or getting into your pores.
2004-08-20, 3:10 AM #18
I saw that on Good Morning America (yay for late night TV) a few months ago. Pretty amazing stuff, they submerged a laptop while it was turned on with no ill effects.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-20, 4:38 AM #19
Yeah, I remember seeing that exact article ages ago.

------------------
"Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-08-20, 4:56 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
I don't know if I'm the first to think of this but...

This could mean considerably faster computer processors, because you could keep all components submerged within saphire at all times.

</font>

Supposedly the heat transfer properties aren't nearly as good as actual water so it wouldn't help much.

------------------
The Matrix is not Linux compatible.

You need only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-08-20, 12:32 PM #21
But what will a Galactic Hitchhiker use if towels are obsolete???!!!

------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?
Stuff
2004-08-20, 5:24 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JudgeDredd:
Supposedly the heat transfer properties aren't nearly as good as actual water so it wouldn't help much.

</font>

Then.. why. would. you. use. it. to. fight. fire.

?

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-20, 5:26 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jagged Conscience:

</font>

Except on you.

------------------
Uruk Hai 1: *sniffs*
Uruk Hai 2: What do you smell!?
Uruk Hai 1: MANFLESH!
Proud Member of the Minnessassian Council
2004-08-20, 6:10 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:

?

</font>

To smother the fire?

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov

[This message has been edited by Bobbert006 (edited August 20, 2004).]
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-08-20, 6:52 PM #25
Quote:

?

</font>

Water isn't used to take heat away from the fire. It cuts off the fire's oxygen source. Same as the foam they use sometimes. That's. why.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-08-20, 9:07 PM #26
I beg to differ. Not only is heat absorbtion one of the most important factors in fighting fire, but the ability of an agent to smother a fire is directly related to its specific heat also..

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited August 21, 2004).]
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-21, 2:37 AM #27
Water smothers and cools.

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)

B'tduz: A popular dwarfish game which consists of standing a few feet apart and throwing large rocks at one another's head.

"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!" - His Grace His Excellency the Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.

Morituri Nolumus Mori
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-08-21, 3:04 AM #28
This really wouldn't work for a cooling system. Imagine trying to open your case to upgrade a piece of hardware...

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-21, 4:21 AM #29
install a drainage system?

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-08-21, 4:34 AM #30
Warning: Some side effects include the following.

Projectile vommiting.
Impaired vision.
Slurred speech.
Some spontaneous combustion.
Homosexual tendancies.

If sapphire comes in contact with eye, flush eyes with real water for 15 minutes and seek immediate medical attention.

If swallowed, drink lots of half and half of grape soda and vinegar, induce vommeting, seek immediate medical attention within 30 minutes of consumption.

------------------
"Did you just say.....Birthday Party?...."
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2004-08-21, 5:51 AM #31
Quote:
I beg to differ. Not only is heat absorbtion one of the most important factors in fighting fire, but the ability of an agent to smother a fire is directly related to its specific heat also..

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited August 21, 2004).]
</font>

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-08-21, 6:06 AM #32
all they have to do is replace all natural bodies of water with this stuff and bam, no more flood damage.

------------------
What once was...
Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-21, 6:40 AM #33
Yeah, there's too much water on this planet anyway. Let's get rid of it!

------------------
Sorry for the lousy English
Sorry for the lousy German
2004-08-21, 9:33 AM #34
So basically in the future when someone knocks on a door and the other person is in the shower. What will the people without bath robes use to cover themselves?
2004-08-21, 9:44 AM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jagged Conscience:

[http://freespace.virgin.net/ok.then/me11.jpg]

</font>

sorry to sound like such a girl(which I am, so I guess it's not bad, but with so may guys on here I know it's odd to get all this girlish type remarks) but damn ur a hottie too! this board has some cuties up on it [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Lets finish it then, let us be rid of it...I can't carry it for you Mr. Frodo, But I can Carry YOu...Come on!

"Life Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans..."

[This message has been edited by twisteduprising (edited August 23, 2004).]
"Too bad stupidity doesn't actually kill"

"No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."^"I say never be complete...I say let's evolve." ** Fight Club**
2004-08-21, 11:07 AM #36
hmm interesting article [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
------------------
Lets finish it then, let us be rid of it...I can't carry it for you Mr. Frodo, But I can Carry YOu...Come on!

[This message has been edited by twisteduprising (edited August 21, 2004).]

"No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."^"I say never be complete...I say let's evolve." ** Fight Club**
2004-08-21, 11:45 AM #37
You know Jagged Conscience, I figured it out. U look like this guy I'm friends with. who's a hottie, and a big sweetheart. You look kinda like him(and you have his hairstyle kind of), I think that's what the attraction is [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] let me guess though, you're really young? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------

[This message has been edited by twisteduprising (edited August 21, 2004).]

2004-08-21, 6:30 PM #38
Yeah, Jagged is actually the youngest Massassian. He's seven.

And I want some sapphire...

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-08-22, 9:30 AM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
Yeah, Jagged is actually the youngest Massassian. He's seven.

And I want some sapphire...

</font>

damn o well guess that makes me a pedifile [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Lets finish it then, let us be rid of it...I can't carry it for you Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you...Come on!

[This message has been edited by twisteduprising (edited August 23, 2004).]

2004-08-22, 1:25 PM #40
I wouldn't mind having some sapphire on the rocks right now... Shaken not stirred, of course. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

↑ Up to the top!