Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → HL2 Question
HL2 Question
2009-04-22, 7:21 PM #81
I dont even remember most of the events that happened in HL 2. Its funny because I remember most of HL 1.
\(='_'=)/
2009-04-22, 7:34 PM #82
Originally posted by Deadman:
Remember that it's a guided missile, guided by your mouse cursor.
The trick is to fire it off, make it spin a few times in the air and THEN have it drive towards the airship.
If you try to shoot it direct then the ship will shoot it down every time.

Oh I got that, but how the hell do you do that without getting shot? Maybe I just suck at FPS.

And everyone else, YOU'RE WRECKING THE GAME FOR ME! QUIT IT! :p

J/K, seriously though, I see what you're saying and I totally agree. Of course I'll still finish HL2 to I can get the story before playing Ep1 and 2.

Also, can someone give me a description of the storyline for HL1 since I never played it?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-04-22, 7:38 PM #83
http://members.shaw.ca/halflifestory/timeline.htm

Its the half life timeline. It should help you, but don't read too far lol.
\(='_'=)/
2009-04-22, 7:43 PM #84
The short: Same as Doom.

The longer: You (Gordon Freeman) work as an assistant at Black Mesa Research Facility where they perform various tests. At the beginning of the game, when you're helping out on one of these tests, an interdimensional portal appears to be ripped open, and aliens begin invading Black Mesa. At first, your goal is just to reach to the surface level and contact for help, but it becomes evident later on that the government is more interested in containing and silencing the events going on than rescuing anyone. You then are guided by other scientists to launch a satallite (sp?) up into space with the intention of closing the "portals" and then later, to reach a team of scientists who send you to the alien dimension to stop the 'source' of the alien invasion (of which include the Vorginauts). After defeating them, the G-man gives you a "thanks for being an unwitting pawn" speech, offers you a job, and you presumably accept it.

I'd suggest checking the article silent killa linked above though, as it'll describe it better.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-04-22, 8:30 PM #85
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Oh I got that, but how the hell do you do that without getting shot? Maybe I just suck at FPS.

And everyone else, YOU'RE WRECKING THE GAME FOR ME! QUIT IT! :p

J/K, seriously though, I see what you're saying and I totally agree. Of course I'll still finish HL2 to I can get the story before playing Ep1 and 2.

Also, can someone give me a description of the storyline for HL1 since I never played it?

I had the same problem. You just need to keep getting shots off...IIRC when you've got a rocket in the air the gunship with shoot at it and not you.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-04-23, 6:25 AM #86
Shoot from behind cover (doesn't even have to be at the ship) then zoom it around before directing it at the ship, ducking out of cover if need be.
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!