Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → happy 4/20
happy 4/20
2009-04-23, 10:50 AM #121
[QUOTE=This Whole Thread]What?

:huh:[/QUOTE]

:psyduck:
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-04-23, 11:25 AM #122
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Same with how you call your quantities "8th's" and whatever.

lol

3.5 grams (4 if you're a nice guy)
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-04-23, 11:47 AM #123
Yeah, up here in Canadaland that would be referred to as "a half quarter", costing roughly 25-30 bucks, depending on the quality of the weed.
2009-04-23, 11:49 AM #124
half quarter? Silly Canadians..
It's eighth I can pretty much just say "bag" to anyone and except an eighth too.
2009-04-23, 12:04 PM #125
In Britain, we usually measure it out in eighths too until you start buying bigger quantities when it starts to get measured in kilos. It's a bit strange, and really annoying.

How is it measured out in Europe, I wonder? I wonder what the convenient metric slang is.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-04-23, 12:10 PM #126
People who are like "OMG KUSH" have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to the quality of Marijuana. Kush, as Kirby said, is nothing more than a strain.

Ever smoked the real Hindu Kush though? It's awesome. To me, flavour is more important than anything, because any good weed will get you high.

Not to mention that just because a bud is purple doesn't make it "haze" by a long shot.

Are we talking about the same thing? Hindu Kush is an Indica, and it's green. Really sticky buds with white pearls. Smells and tastes like a mix of orange and lemon.

For the rest, I agree. There are several types of Indica that are purple, and most of them are not that special. The legendary 'Purple Haze' that people are talking about though, is not the low grade outdoor weed you can get on the streets, it's the Purple Colombian, which is said to be one of the two most potent Sativas on the planet, and it is very hard to come by. (Almost as rare as Panama Red)

Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
How is it measured out in Europe, I wonder? I wonder what the convenient metric slang is.

We buy it in grams. Everything has a price per gram.

Right now, in the Netherlands, a typical popular Indica sells for 6 to 8 Euros per gram. Haze takes more time to grow and may cost anything between 9 Euros and 13 Euros per gram, maybe even more in real touristy places by the border.

Prices have gone up because the authorities are making it a major policy point to catch growers, and so the variety of strains you can buy goes down, as well as the quality, and prices are going up, up, up.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2009-04-23, 12:23 PM #127
Originally posted by Gebohq:
On a somewhat related note, did anyone else find the latest Family Guy episode to be preachy? They seem to be doing it blatantly in at least one other recent episode, and I find it pretty disappointing.

They let Seth MacFarlane get away with waaay too much ****, you could tell Fox wasn't happy with the episode because they placed an anti-drug add right during one of the commercial breaks.

The episode definately sent a poor message.
2009-04-23, 12:58 PM #128
Quote:
Ever smoked the real Hindu Kush though? It's awesome. To me, flavour is more important than anything, because any good weed will get you high.

I'm the same as you, flavour over anything else. That's why I cure my weed, even when I buy it. You can turn the ****tiest street bought weed into some really decent bud just by the process of curing. But to answer your question yeah I've smoked real Hindu Kush, it was pretty ok but nothing to write home about :( My friend is legal and has his possession card, so he just grabs it from the medical dispensary's all around the city when I need to pick up.

Quote:
Are we talking about the same thing? Hindu Kush is an Indica, and it's green. Really sticky buds with white pearls. Smells and tastes like a mix of orange and lemon.

For the rest, I agree. There are several types of Indica that are purple, and most of them are not that special. The legendary 'Purple Haze' that people are talking about though, is not the low grade outdoor weed you can get on the streets, it's the Purple Colombian, which is said to be one of the two most potent Sativas on the planet, and it is very hard to come by. (Almost as rare as Panama Red)

I was referring more to another post made by someone regarding "purple" weed. Although, colour doesn't represent strain type (rather, a plethora of possible indications).

I was referring to the silly people from California (or other us states) that you always hear saying "I got the Kush son!" or something like that, since 9.9999 times out of 10 it's nothing near real Kush. I don't mean to generalize or stereotype, but it is unfortunately something that I've noticed a lot with people from that state, thinking Kush is the be all and end all of weed, or that every thing they buy is some sort of Kush. Especially when they don't realize Kush isn't THAT good to begin with :)

I could be wrong though, but I've yet to see otherwise :(

Quote:
The episode definately sent a poor message.

If you ask me, the only poor messages you should be concerned about being sent are the 60+ years worth of propaganda ads and false studies that have been pumped into the society you're surrounded by. Not one comical episode geared towards adults with a thinking brain.
2009-04-23, 3:53 PM #129
strains are not very important for your typical US buyer, which is why you have bastardizations of strain names that refer to a categorization of weed based on a few observable characteristics (how "stemmy and seedy", how "smelly", and how high the weed gets you are the 3 major ones). most dealers only offer one option, and dont even know what they have, so this adds to the confusion.

when i was in high school, the main terms for the low end were schwag and middies.

shwag - stemmy, seedy, hermi, quick-dried mexican brick ****. looks like my ****ing trimmings.
middies - pretty much repackaged schwag or really old, harsh "dank" (see below).

for the higher end, there are many names/misnomers. you'll hear "blueberry", "hydro", "dank", "haze", etc. most buds in this range actually somewhat resemble nicely formed buds. on the street, main indicator is smell. typical analysis from a US buyer: "smell this **** man, this **** is dank as ****!"

ORJ_Jos and temperamental seem to have it down, but i wanted to clarify what makes a "Haze" (in the strain sense). firstly, haze itself is a famous strain of sativa. most hazes out there though, are hazes (or hybrid hazes) crossed with other well-known strains. for example, super lemon haze is lemon skunk crossed with super silver haze.

personally, even though i now smoke what is considered "dank" weed (NYC diesel, white widow, ak47), i smoke mainly to get high and don't really care for the "taste". i vaporize, so it doesn't really matter anyway.
2009-04-23, 3:59 PM #130
Yeah I guess that's why I don't vaporize.

And yes, I realize most Hazes these days are hybrid Sativas. Consider yourself lucky if something's 70% Sativa. There are still a number of pure Sativas though, or mostly pure that is. Most Thai, for example is pure Sativa. But it's grown in the jungles, so there are males, which means you get seeds and lose a lot of THC. Although I've heard that really fresh Thai is fantastic, and really strong. But export Thai is mostly low grade and dried and pressed to ****.

To add to the confusion, there are even some pure Indicas that carry the name 'Haze', although there's no Sativa in it at all. Silver Haze (Not Super Silver) is a good example.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2009-04-23, 4:15 PM #131
4/20 SMOKE WEED ERR DAY BLUNTS BEER N *****ES SON WHAT
D E A T H
2009-04-23, 5:23 PM #132
I still don't get what chronic is...is it just a more refined version of weed?
2009-04-23, 5:26 PM #133
It just means high quality
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-04-23, 5:41 PM #134
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
4/20 SMOKE WEED ERR DAY BLUNTS BEER N *****ES SON WHAT

I concur
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-04-23, 6:01 PM #135
Originally posted by saberopus:
What was it about, sir?

Psh, I hate titles.

Anyway, the last episode was mostly about Brian campaigning for legalization of marijuana, preaching about the propaganda, etc. Rhode Island then has it legalized, and Peter's rich father-in-law then has Brian "sell out" to have it made illegal again (confirming the propaganda) and that's more or less the episode.

They also had a previous episode where Meg is brainwashed by Christian fundamentalists by being inadvertently forced to watch a religion channel and, again, Brian convincing her that not only are her new practices (like book burning) wrong, but by convincing her that there is no God (or at least not one that would make her "fat like Peter and not smoking hot like her mom" in any case).

They both came off as just very preachy. South Park punches holes far better than Family Guy has been. At least the two episodes I mentioned before had some other really funny material in them (Stewie with the cast of Star Trek: TNG and Quagmre with his cat).
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-04-23, 7:00 PM #136
You do realize, Family Guy has sucked since season 2, right?

SP got it pretty right on the dot.

Lame joke. Cut to scene about joke. They forgot the part about "5 minutes of peter saying "ow"
2009-04-23, 9:51 PM #137
I used to like Family Guy until around season 3'ish as well. They rely on the same old setup every single frigging joke... "It's like that time when...*FLASHBACK WITH JOKE*". It got old after the 50th time they used it. I used to watch FG to laugh but now all I watch it for is because there is nothing else on during that time slot. If I even bother watching it at all anymore.
2009-04-23, 10:06 PM #138
smoke and watch it then its good lololol
2009-04-23, 10:13 PM #139
Yeah, I only wish I could be as dumb as that. You enjoy though, for both of us :)
2009-04-23, 10:30 PM #140
wait are you telling me smoking pot doesnt make watching tv and movies better!??!
2009-04-23, 10:41 PM #141
No. I'm telling you that even if something is retarded, or overdone like all of the Family Guy jokes, it's not going to be funny when I smoke a joint. The first time, or the 100th. :neckbeard: If it ain't funny, it ain't funny. High or not. At least, that's how it works for me.
2009-04-23, 10:56 PM #142
It's amazing how mere plants cause so much drama and strife in our world.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-04-24, 4:58 AM #143
Yeah, weed really makes Family Guy a lot funnier. A lot.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
2009-04-24, 6:39 AM #144
Quote:
It's amazing how mere plants cause so much drama and strife in our world.

I know.. /sigh
2009-04-24, 6:47 AM #145
Does it really though? I don't think it does. It's pretty much the "accepted" drug. Meth, coke, etc are all "hard" drugs. Everyone smokes pot. I've smoked pot with lawyers, state troopers, moms telling their children drugs are bad, etc.
I've never seen anyone get their panties tied up talking about pot.
People think it should be illegal or legal. They really don't freak out about it, from what I have seen.
2009-04-24, 8:15 AM #146
Originally posted by Squirrel King:
Does it really though? I don't think it does. It's pretty much the "accepted" drug. Meth, coke, etc are all "hard" drugs. Everyone smokes pot. I've smoked pot with lawyers, state troopers, moms telling their children drugs are bad, etc.
I've never seen anyone get their panties tied up talking about pot.
People think it should be illegal or legal. They really don't freak out about it, from what I have seen.

2009-04-24, 9:00 AM #147
A lot of people don't take marijuana lightly. Thanks to ridiculous propaganda, people think it's some fatal drug that will make you go psychotic and kill small children. It's sad that I'm not exaggerating.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-04-24, 9:04 AM #148
Ok the ORLY is a horrible example :P

Emon, yea, the commercial with the guy blowing his head off because he was high cracks me up. But I didn't realize people take that seriously. Oh well. It doesn't really matter what people think. But it makes a good thing to laugh at.
2009-04-24, 9:24 AM #149
Ricardo knew exactly how to talk to Bill. Like a child.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-04-24, 10:24 AM #150
Originally posted by Emon:
A lot of people don't take marijuana lightly. Thanks to ridiculous propaganda, people think it's some fatal drug that will make you go psychotic and kill small children. It's sad that I'm not exaggerating.

Yeah true.

But also I know a lot of potheads who were obnoxious as hell... i wouldnt want more people like that around!

(too bad we cant make being a guido illegal... )
2009-04-24, 10:39 AM #151
[http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll71/canoraid/guido.jpg]
DO NOT WANT.
2009-04-24, 12:20 PM #152
Quote:
Emon, yea, the commercial with the guy blowing his head off because he was high cracks me up. But I didn't realize people take that seriously. Oh well. It doesn't really matter what people think. But it makes a good thing to laugh at.

I agree that it doesn't matter what people think, but the unfortunate thing is that the people that "think" this way about Marijuana, are the ones that are in power and have passed the laws and enforce them.
2009-04-24, 12:46 PM #153
I agree that it doesn't matter what people think, but the unfortunate thing is that the people that "think" this way about Marijuana, are the ones that are in power and have passed the laws and enforce them.

The people in power are the baby boomers - the hippies. They invented drug culture.
2009-04-24, 1:19 PM #154
because everyone of that generation was a hippie
2009-04-24, 1:21 PM #155
yup
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2009-04-24, 3:07 PM #156
Quote:
The people in power are the baby boomers - the hippies. They invented drug culture.

I guess that makes sense, considering they are the ones that still enforce its illegality..
2009-04-24, 7:04 PM #157
Originally posted by Vornskr:
because everyone of that generation was a hippie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpBzQI_7ez8
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hexm_bush-marijuana_politics

the ones in power were
2009-04-24, 7:09 PM #158
I guess that makes sense, considering they are the ones that still enforce its illegality..
Your sarcasm is quite correct: it makes no sense at face value. The question you need to ask yourself is why all of these politicians, many of whom have actually admitted to it, are fighting to keep marijuana illegal.
2009-04-24, 10:22 PM #159
Yeah, that's a question I find myself asking quite often.. The only answer I can come up with is that people are stupid.
2009-04-24, 10:31 PM #160
"Obviously they're stupid cause the just dont get it"

orrrrr they have good reasons? or at least legitimate reasons? :P

↑ Up to the top!