Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I can't wait...
I can't wait...
2004-08-22, 5:55 AM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Do not confuse nice guy traits with class.

</font>

I don't. I just have a problem with the "I just met this chick, I think I'm in love" and "I confessed my feelings to her, why is she avoiding me?" kind of stuff.

There is nothing wrong with tact and class. From what you see of me on here, you never see that side of me in real life. If real life, I don't talk about this kind of stuff.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 22, 2004).]
2004-08-22, 6:02 AM #42
I misinterperted and editted as such. Then I decided to add a little something. Don't take it as a personal attack because it isn't.

------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited August 22, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-22, 6:08 AM #43
Quote:
You just reminded me of another thing people may not like about you(it personally doesn't affect me because I can see the message through any wording). You act like a motivational speaker and as if attracting women is some lost divine art that only a special few have the ability to master. It makes you sound almost like a cheesy infomercial(or if you want, I could call you a hopeless romantic). It's really not some super ability you make it out to be. Anyone can learn. Most people just don't want to do the work. Then again, I'm a pragmatist. That could put a spin on things I see.

</font>

On the contrary, I believe that everyone has the potential to be successful with women. The skill is there, it just has to be unlocked, rediscovered, and rebuilt until its viable. Why else would i be advocating for everyone to get rid of their nice guy habits and to start improving themselves? That's how the skills are awakened and made manifest.

However, they must choose to do this and actively pursue it. Otherwise, it won't happen.

Like you say, some people don't want to do the work, so in that they have made their decision. However, I feel sorry for them b/c they don't know what they have denied themselves, or if the choice will ever be offered to them again.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 22, 2004).]
2004-08-22, 6:24 AM #44
Marriage is something I'd like to see myself doing in the future sometime. I once had someone I would have wanted to with, but that's a long story for another time. However, I've put my plans on hiatus until I at least get out of this Turkey place. I mean, a) I'm really not in the mood to bring home a Turkish national, and b) there's few enough American women on this base that they pretty much get their pick of the guys around here and I feel it's not worth the time to bother trying to find a way to stand out amongst everyone.

Not that I have anything against Turkish women, mind you, it's just that I'm not looking right now and if one were to try to follow me home it'd be a lot of paperwork.

In the meantime, I've been working on a list of criteria for my potential wife. Here's what I have so far:

Likes Video Games
Will Bring Lasagne to Work
Won't Cheat
Has Straight Teeth
Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
2004-08-22, 6:30 AM #45
Page...you missed my overall point. I was working under the theme of "It's not what you say, it's how you say it". But, to each his own.

Antestarr: MOS?

------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .
2004-08-22, 6:43 AM #46
You'll have to bear with me, being Air Force for under a year now, but I'm guessing that MOS is like AFSC, then 3C231, or Communications/Computer Systems Control Apprentice. Working on my 5 level.

Of course, if I'm off by a longshot on the info you wanted, let me know.
2004-08-22, 8:37 AM #47
Quote:
Your welcome twisted, but wtf do you think your doing? Moving in on MY turf are you? I'm the only person around here that helps guys learn how to become better with women by actually helping them and giving them material instead of throwing ideas at them. You think you can just come in an cut in on my action? I'll have the guido in the corner take you for a nice car ride.

</font>

well i'm not "technically" on your turf cuz i'm a girl giving guys advice lol

------------------
Lets finish it then, let us be rid of it...I can't carry it for you Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you...Come on!

"Life Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans..."
"Too bad stupidity doesn't actually kill"

"No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."^"I say never be complete...I say let's evolve." ** Fight Club**
2004-08-22, 8:40 AM #48
....what makes you think I'm not a girl?

------------------
2004-08-22, 9:18 AM #49
Quote:

</font>

ah well if you are then you are. and nothing says more then one girl can't give advice

------------------
Lets finish it then, let us be rid of it...I can't carry it for you Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you...Come on!

"No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."^"I say never be complete...I say let's evolve." ** Fight Club**
2004-08-22, 9:44 AM #50
Quote:

</font>

1. The fact that 99% of Massassi is male, and you have not indicated that you are otherwise.

2. You really, really sound/seem like a guy. Sorry if you aren't though.

3. Your name doesn't indicate gender, because it can be used for boys and girls. At Massassi, such a name defaults to "male".

4. For some reason, a select few seem to obsess over every female to grace these boards, creating lists and raising a ruckus over it in various threads. Your name has never come up in them.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-22, 10:03 AM #51
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Why else would i be advocating for everyone to get rid of their nice guy habits and to start improving themselves?</font>

I dont agree completely with that logic. The last guy I liked was an @$$hole. I liked him because there were times that he could make me laugh, and when he was rude to other people he wouldn't be mean to me. In the end I stopped liking him for his attitude. He would be nice to me one second and the next I'd feel awful from the things he would say. I stopped liking him because he had become so rude to me. And was no longer being a "nice guy"

So I think that guys should know how to treat a woman and still be a "nice guy" but not so nice to where you let someone walk over you. You have to have that balance. Speak your mind, but dont be disrespectful of the girl. Have authority, but dont be so dominating that you are putting her down.

The guys who can manage to have a proper balance between the two are the ones I see most successful in relationships.

------------------

[This message has been edited by twisteduprising (edited August 22, 2004).]

2004-08-22, 10:09 AM #52
Freelancer, thank you for stating that so eloquently and defending me on that point. I appreciate it [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

2004-08-22, 11:10 AM #53
*kicks Freelancer in the *** * I didn't ask you. Everyone knew I'm a guy but her and I wanted to mess with her a little. Thanks for ruining my fun. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited August 22, 2004).]
2004-08-22, 11:40 AM #54
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by twisteduprising:

I dont agree completely with that logic. The last guy I liked was an @$$hole. I liked him because there were times that he could make me laugh, and when he was rude to other people he wouldn't be mean to me. In the end I stopped liking him for his attitude. He would be nice to me one second and the next I'd feel awful from the things he would say. I stopped liking him because he had become so rude to me. And was no longer being a "nice guy"

So I think that guys should know how to treat a woman and still be a "nice guy" but not so nice to where you let someone walk over you. You have to have that balance. Speak your mind, but dont be disrespectful of the girl. Have authority, but dont be so dominating that you are putting her down.

The guys who can manage to have a proper balance between the two are the ones I see most successful in relationships.

</font>

True enough, I suppose. The ideal state is where a guy is not a doormat, but still doesn't treat other people like s*** for no good reason. Nice guys are too nice to get the woman in the first place. Jerks manage to get the woman, but they don't know how to keep it going. The ideal is sort of a refined hybrid of the two, with all the strengths of the jerk but none of the weaknesses of the nice guy.

Also, by standing up for the truth and not telling these people the "just-be-yourself-and-some-chick-will-like-you-for-who-you-are"
bulls***, you have definitely earned my respect.

------------------
2004-08-22, 1:44 PM #55
I'd rather live a thousand years alone than find that every guy I might have once been interested in has decided they have to shed their nice demeanor for one that's more 'macho' or something.

On the subject though...
I'd certainly like to get married some day. Just one of those things....I'd love to have a family. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

There's nothing wrong with thinking about it, providing you don't say something like 'If I'm not married by xx age, I'll never marry!' or something equally demoralizing.

------------------
Tell me not in mournful numbers, Life is but an empty dream, For the soul is dead that slumbers, and things are not as they seem. Life is real, Life is ernest, the grave is not it's goal; Dust thou art, Dust thou returnest, Was not spoken of the soul.
~William Shakespeare
People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only
if there is a light from within.
-Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
2004-08-22, 2:39 PM #56
Well, i'm 20, about to start my third year of university and i'm single...

I've always kinda assumed i'd get married in my mid-20s, i'm always kind of hoping i'll meet "the one" at university, but its seeming increasingly unlikely. At the moment i'd be happy with all the ups and downs of a relationship.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-22, 3:11 PM #57
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The ideal is sort of a refined hybrid of the two, with all the strengths of the jerk but none of the weaknesses of the nice guy.</font>

I don't know why, but this made me bust out laughing (in a good way). Nice one, Page. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-22, 5:02 PM #58
Man, I wish piggymi was steal legal. Damn. (Sorry if I spelled piggymi wrong, I have no idea how to spell it), Lol just kiddin'
yeah, I'm defineatly growing up, gonna get married and have a few kids (3 maximum.)

------------------
Uruk Hai 1: *sniffs*
Uruk Hai 2: What do you smell!?
Uruk Hai 1: MANFLESH!
Proud Member of the Minnessassian Council
2004-08-22, 5:20 PM #59
One day on a road trip through Utah I saw a billboard that said something to the effect of "Polygamy: It's your heritage."

[This message has been edited by Antestarr (edited August 22, 2004).]
2004-08-22, 7:04 PM #60
Thank You Pagewizard. I just try and tell it like I see it. If people ask my advice I try and be as honest as I can to help out. Especially when it comes to advice about women like myself. I can honestly admit we are very confusing lol

------------------

2004-08-22, 7:06 PM #61
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
Well, i'm 20, about to start my third year of university and i'm single...

I've always kinda assumed i'd get married in my mid-20s, i'm always kind of hoping i'll meet "the one" at university, but its seeming increasingly unlikely. At the moment i'd be happy with all the ups and downs of a relationship.
</font>

Yeah that was my same mentality. I figured I would meet someone during college. But I think that's flown out the door. Now I think I'll probably meet someone once i'm into my career field so probably late twenties. Eh, who knows, only time will tell right [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

2004-08-22, 7:18 PM #62
[Double Post]

------------------

2004-08-22, 7:37 PM #63
Yeah my biological clock is chiming loud and clear. I want kids and I want these soon [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Hopefully next year.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonk WoW Petition <- SIGN!
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-08-22, 7:50 PM #64
I decided I want to propose to that special girl while skydiving.

I figure I can pay off some farmer to mow "Will you marry me?" into his crops, and then while falling to the ground at 9.8 meters per second three miles up in the air, I'll give her the ring.

And then hope we don't go splat on landing.

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-08-22, 7:56 PM #65
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
I decided I want to propose to that special girl while skydiving.

I figure I can pay off some farmer to mow "Will you marry me?" into his crops, and then while falling to the ground at 9.8 meters per second three miles up in the air, I'll give her the ring.

And then hope we don't go splat on landing.

</font>

haha damn that's very different but cool. If you can find a girl who likes skydiving that's a great idea. As long as you all dont crash into the ground you are in the clear lol. You'd also have to figure out some way to keep the ring attached to you.

That would suck paying a lot for the ring and then having it be blown from your hand to land only god knows where [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

2004-08-22, 8:30 PM #66
So I went to a party last night and made out with this girl when we both were wasted... The only thing is she's pretty much my best friend... and although I used to like her, I really don't know what's up. She shut me down before but then last night started makin' out with me tellin' me stuff about how much she missed me over the summer and whatnot and I was pretty shocked. So I went back to her place today to hang out and she's comin' over tomorrow to watch some movies with me. Good times.

------------------
Change is never a choice. You change, and you are who you have become. And there's not a damned thing you can do about it.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-22, 8:44 PM #67
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bill:
although I used to like her, I really don't know what's up... she's comin' over tomorrow to watch some movies with me. Good times.

</font>

you dont know what's up with how you feel, how she feels, or both?

I only ask because if you still have feelings for her then you should go about things one way, as opposed to merely liking her as a friend because then you'll have to approach all this from a completely different angle.

About her missing you: Hm could be she realized she liked/likes you, or maybe missed your friendship? either way it's always a good sign if she wants to hang out [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Good luck with that [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

2004-08-22, 8:49 PM #68
Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.
So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself;
for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church,
because we are members of His body.
FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.
This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.
Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

That scripture (Ephesians ch 5) is where I derive my beliefs on marraige. It is, in my opinion such a perfectly beautiful balance of respect and authority. I'd also like to share 1st Corinthians 13, which is a beautiful, powerful scripture on love.

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I know, I'm a hopeless romantic. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-08-22, 9:22 PM #69
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
I know, I'm a hopeless romantic. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]</font>

Nothing says "I love you" like telling your wife to forever be a servant to you.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-22, 9:26 PM #70
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roach:
Nothing says "I love you" like telling your wife to forever be a servant to you.

</font>

hahaha roach! that's so wrong! kind of funny when you put it that way though haha it's messed up lol

But Sarn I liked the passages you put. Actually I got a little card from my church (I normally buy ones I like with different prayers and passages I think are nice) with the love passage

This one:

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Actually have it in my purse right now ironically enough. Well good luck with that girl [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

2004-08-22, 10:06 PM #71
Hey Jon, whatever happend with that Amber girl from your church? I dug up a rather interesting chat log from February 03, right after you took her to dinner for the first time. I won't post it here , but I think you might find it interesting.

------------------
Empty.
2004-08-22, 10:12 PM #72
Monoxide: I believe the word for which you're looking is "polygamy."

Marriage is something I do want. I have spoken to many a people on this subject and they have all told me to NOT RUSH THINGS. I also have mixed blessing of my parent's marriage. It sucked royal *** to go through that very nasty divorce. But in the same time, I have learned how to avoid such a divorce. I never ever ever ever want that to happen. If I get married, I will hold very dear "until death do we part."

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-08-22, 10:15 PM #73
We are like opposites. You want to get married and have a family, I don't even want kids >.<.

I think I speak for all of us when I say, one of me is enough. We don't need little SAJN_Padawans running around now do we?

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-23, 3:40 AM #74

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited August 23, 2004).]
2004-08-23, 3:54 AM #75
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roach:

</font>

... And explaining it with bible quotes.

Ugh.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-23, 1:22 PM #76
*sigh* you guys miss the point completely... I don't blame you though, since you're not coming at it from the same point of view as I am. Let me see if I can explain it to you a bit. Those passages are certainly *not* telling men to treat women like servants. They're telling women how they should act, then they're telling men how they should act. And to me it makes perfect sense. I don't focus too much on the first part, because that's talking to women, and I am not a woman. But, I do focus on the second part addressing men, particularily that part about loving your wives as Christ loved the Church. Did Christ take advantage of the church? Did he rank on them and make them do His dirty chores like we'd do to a servant? No... And yet the Church is most certainly a servant to Christ. And yet, Christ loves the church and he does so in such a way that honors and brings beauty to it. It's a perfect paradox that many people of today's time don't seem to understand.

and..

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Hey Jon, whatever happend with that Amber girl from your church? I dug up a rather interesting chat log from February 03, right after you took her to dinner for the first time. I won't post it here , but I think you might find it interesting.</font>

Heh, old news ]-[. Sorry for not keeping you updated, but I finally got over her after she messed with my mind one too many times... And now my best friend's interested in her. Which is fine with me, and we've already talked about it, and I told him he could go after her (he wouldn't without my permission, because he's a gentleman).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sarn_Cadrill (edited August 23, 2004).]

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-08-23, 8:31 PM #77
I missed the point because I read the beginning that tells your wife you are to the household what your god is to the world?

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-24, 6:23 AM #78
Uhh, kind of, actually. The main difference there is that Jesus does not have any higher authority over him. He is the highest authority. Basically the wife is under the authority of her husband, who is under the authority of God. That doesn't mean the wife has to treat the husband like he is God. It's more like the husband has to treat his wife how God treats him. And that's not to say the husband expects his wife to serve him. God specifically gave us free will, so we can choose either way. Just the same, the wife has free will to choose how to act towards her husband. The husband's job is to love the wife in the same way that God loves us (or Christ loves the Church) which is a way that is "patient, kind, not envious or boastful, not proud, not self-seeking, keeping no record of wrongs" (not an exact quote, but from ist Cor. 13, which I psoted earlier). That hardly sounds like a love that's going to take advantage and treat the person loved like a slave or servant.

------------------

2004-08-24, 12:32 PM #79
Maybe we should analyze the passages.

Christ is the head of the Church. Yet he lowered himself even to servanthood; he washed the feet of his disciples. Just as Christ served them, we should serve Him.

Without that bit of background knowledge, the passage seems demeaning to women. Yet with it, we see that men are to do the same.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-24, 12:56 PM #80
I didnt read half of the 2nd page, but Pagewizard is definitely one of the more entertaining kids here.

My back hurts, I need to drink more water and stop getting dehydrated.

I really dont see myself getting married, but I can see myself doing the long-term commitment thing. Marriage to me is just an ancient custom the judeo-christian community picked up to push monogamy when the entire thing is about the accumulation of wealth.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"

↑ Up to the top!