Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So fustrated with installing windows
So fustrated with installing windows
2004-08-26, 7:50 AM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
No winamp
</font>

iTunes???

------------------
Your humble opinion is wrong.
2004-08-26, 8:10 AM #42
1) When prompted to install stuff on visiting sites click NO.

2) Dump that POS browser that is IE.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-08-26, 11:29 AM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mystic0:
iTunes???

</font>

iTunes is so much crappier than WinAmp (imo) it's not even funny. Not even anywhere NEAR the functionality. WinAmp has global hotkeys, better visualizations, less bloat (I mean c'mon, 17 megs for a friggin media player?! Not that I don't have the extra space, mind you, but all I'd be getting this for is playing music.). Can't play videos, no TV functionality, radio player's not as expansive. Just not that great. Though I guess it's more of a preference thing.

Also, MMD3 > *

Gandalf speaks truth.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-26, 4:05 PM #44
You're saying it sucks because you can't do what you want with it. That's fine, but done condemn the entire line of computers as crap just because YOU can't use them. I have next to zero freewear that I use. The stuff I do have, I can live without. Everything I do right NOW on my PC, I can easily transfer over to OS X. The ONLY exception is roughly 85% of my games. That's why'd I'd keep the PC around.

Just to prove it...

Samurize = Konfabulator
Winamp (which I think sucks big since 2.9) = iTunes
IE/Firefox = Safari/Firefox
Photoshop is on both
Freehand is on both
Bryce is on both
FruityLoops = Soundtrack/GarageBand
Trillian type program = I haven't looked into it, but lord knows there has to be something similar somewhere.
Limewire is on both platforms.
My USB cam? Easily installable.
I believe there is also a TeamSpeak client for OS X as well, so that isn't an issue.
Nortons is there.

Really... Need I go on? *I* can use it and have everything I need. Just because you can't does not mean they suck. And please... Go LOOK at the games available for OS X. Please, that is really such a lame excuse. It doesn't have everything, but the big players ARE there. At least most of them.

As for iTunes. It totally owns Winamp. I've used Winamp for so many years now... I've used every damn version since 2.0. 2.9 IS the best. The visualizations have NEVER improved that much. I'm talking defualt visualizations. They NEVER synced with the music, and they looked like total GARBAGE full screen. If you need to play videos or watch TV on a MUSIC player, you have problems. As for Internet Radio. Give me a server and I can probably play it. Just because it doesn't show up in the Radio list DOES NOT mean you can't play it.

Please, at the very least, realize that a computer is not complete crap just because YOU can't use it.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-26, 4:16 PM #45
ZING!!!

[http://www.doigtsagiles.com/images/djyoshistfu.jpg]

I'm buying myself a Powerbook (for school) next week. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-08-26, 4:54 PM #46
See, I just find it funny how he just loves Linux yet hates OS X.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!