Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Force Unleashed: Sith Edition Announced for PC and Mac
Force Unleashed: Sith Edition Announced for PC and Mac
2009-07-25, 5:09 PM #1
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59705

Quote:
LucasArts' physics-powered Star Wars action game The Force Unleashed will hit the PC and Mac for the first time with this holiday's "Sith Edition."... The Sith Edition is set to include all past DLC for the title, plus a Hoth level exclusive to the package. The special edition will also make an appearance on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, with Aspyr Media handling the Mac/PC port.
Yes!
Now we can only hope that it'll have multiplayer and a strong editor as well!
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-07-25, 5:13 PM #2
It'll run like *** on the latest hardware and be totally unplayable on anything less even though the minimum specs on the box list **** from three years ago.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2009-07-25, 5:21 PM #3
Lucas Arts has posted a trailer already:
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/
2009-07-25, 5:28 PM #4
:) :) :)
? :)
2009-07-25, 5:35 PM #5
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH ITS NOT ON PC.

Way to count your chickens. :carl:
nope.
2009-07-25, 5:49 PM #6
I called that a long time ago. I knew LEC would do something like this:

"Hay guys no one plays pc games ne more rigt?"

"nah dont bother"

"oh wait weir dumb :downs:"
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-07-25, 5:57 PM #7
Except another company is handling the port. I wouldn't count on it to be moddable... or even good.
2009-07-25, 6:39 PM #8
Originally posted by Alco:
Lucas Arts has posted a trailer already:
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

Yay... DLC for a game people forgot about arriving 5 months too late.

Also I like how the author mentions it as a "physics-powered" game. I think LEC should just drop making new content for TFU and just give the tech to someone who do a proper job.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-07-25, 7:15 PM #9
This better not have one of those GoW style PC schemes where you watch yourself fight from a series of fixed camera points.

My guess is that this will be a half assed port which will fail, causing Lucas to whine about piracy and lack of interest on the PC platform, rather than realizing the own ineptitude.
2009-07-25, 7:23 PM #10
Inb4 it's either a ****pile impossible to mod engine, it runs like crap, the EULA states that mods are banned, it has ****ty DLC that forces you to connect to the internet, the MP is borked and locked to some stupid console restriction, they never release patches, and they blame all the complaints on the above on piracy.
2009-07-25, 7:57 PM #11
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Inb4 it's either a ****pile impossible to mod engine, it runs like crap, the EULA states that mods are banned, it has ****ty DLC that forces you to connect to the internet, the MP is borked and locked to some stupid console restriction, they never release patches, and they blame all the complaints on the above on piracy.

[img-timeline]
<Rob> This is internet.
2009-07-25, 8:24 PM #12
LA is anti-modding. They have been for awhile.
2009-07-25, 8:31 PM #13
Originally posted by JM:
LA is anti-creativity. They have been for awhile.

Fixed.
It's pretty dumb considering modding is all that has kept JK afloat all these years, it would have died within months without.
2009-07-25, 8:42 PM #14
JK is... afloat? hah.
2009-07-25, 8:45 PM #15
Well, certain parts are still above water. Either way it's life was lengthened EXTREMELY by the modding community.
2009-07-25, 8:58 PM #16
they just dont want us showing them up.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-07-26, 2:32 AM #17
If it runs on my new MBP I'll get the Aspyr port, if not I'll pick it up for 360. Although it depends if I have to re-buy my original game which I've traded.

I LOVED TFU AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS.
2009-07-26, 5:48 AM #18
I'll definitely be buying it for the PC. Crap port or not.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-07-26, 6:23 AM #19
Well, certain parts are still above water. Either way it's life was lengthened EXTREMELY by the modding community.

No they aren't, the ship has sank and a few lone survivors are desperately trying to hold onto a deflated life raft.
nope.
2009-07-26, 6:31 AM #20
Hmm so I guess that in the original TFU story the protagonist didn't die during the final battle with the Emperor like I thought and instead that dark side compelled him to become the Emperor's apprentice, thus this level pack. Though I could have sworn we SEE him get killed but it's been a while since I've played it.

2009-07-26, 6:36 AM #21
That depends on the ending .
nope.
2009-07-26, 8:02 AM #22
Why would a company be anti-modding...look at the Unreal series...ships with probably the most easy to use editor ever, people still play Unreal 1 from 11 years ago, it still has a strong coop community, thats not even mentioning UT99 which still has a decent community also, all because of the mods and maps people create.
2009-07-26, 8:56 AM #23
It's LA.
2009-07-26, 9:11 AM #24
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
Hmm so I guess that in the original TFU story the protagonist didn't die during the final battle with the Emperor like I thought and instead that dark side compelled him to become the Emperor's apprentice, thus this level pack. Though I could have sworn we SEE him get killed but it's been a while since I've played it.

Light Side Ending:
If you choose to fight the Emperor, the Apprentice sacrifices himself after the fight in order to buy Kota and the senators time to escape. He's killed in a massive explosion of Force energy. The Emperor fears Starkiller will be seen as a martyr and the Rebel Alliance is formed by the senators.

Dark Side Ending:
If you instead decide to jump down and fight Vader again, the Apprentice kills Vader then jumps back up as if to join the Emperor and become a Sith proper. When asked to kill Kota, the Apprentice instead turns and attacks the Emperor. Who ****s him up royally. Even going so far as to drop Starkiller's own ship on him (presumably killing Juno in the process). When Starkiller wakes up, he's strapped to an operating table like Anakin was at the end of Episode 3, where he's been grafted into a Sith Stalker suit of armour. The Emperor promises to put him to use only until a new Apprentice can be found, at which point he "like Vader, will be cast aside." A pretty disturbing ending, to be honest, especially when the droids converge on the Apprentice at the end .

I, like Martyn, unashamedly loved TFU. Brilliant fun.
2009-07-26, 9:30 AM #25
It's pretty dumb considering modding is all that has kept JK afloat all these years

:downs:
it would have died within months without.

No.
Author of the JK levels:

2009-07-26, 9:34 AM #26
Absolutely. Jedi Knight was one of the games most often used to bench mark new systems in PC Gamer for quite awhile after it was released.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-07-26, 11:57 AM #27
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
:downs:

No.

You really think JK would have lasted anywhere beyond the launch year without modding?
2009-07-26, 12:10 PM #28
Uh yes, actually. Jedi Knight was one of the few Star Wars games and a sequel to a very popular Dark Forces game, not to mention it had multiplayer and the MSN Gaming Zone was a popular community that hosted a wide variety of games. Had JK not been moddable, it still would have lasted several years as long as the MSN Gaming Zone continued to support it. All the modding did was expand the game past it's normal lifespan, which would have been 2-3 years from its initial release. Not to mention, MOTS came out a year later and further sparked interest in the original game as well.
Author of the JK levels:

2009-07-26, 12:12 PM #29
I don't see the community being anywhere near as big if they were limited to the default maps and the default gameplay. which was good, but competed with quake/ quake 2.
2009-07-26, 12:39 PM #30
I didn't say the community would have been as big, though your statement that the game would have only lasted a full year was ridiculous.
Author of the JK levels:

2009-07-26, 1:28 PM #31
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all the JK mod/editing tools player made? Doesn't that kind of indicate that modding it wasn't exactly...supported?
<Rob> This is internet.
2009-07-26, 2:05 PM #32
I'm not sure I get the excitement here. Seems to me that this is essentially going to be a port of an updated re-release of, what it will then be, a year and a half old game. Guess I'll wait for this release since I didn't have anytime to pick up the first one before I deployed.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-07-26, 2:09 PM #33
l also absolutely adored TFU. If anything, it was a VERY well-written and well-acted game. This trailer has made my day.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2009-07-26, 2:46 PM #34
Originally posted by Commander 598:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all the JK mod/editing tools player made? Doesn't that kind of indicate that modding it wasn't exactly...supported?

The engine used some very easy and intuitive coding like COG which made it really easy for mods to made. Other things like they way levels are packed, and loaded into the engine probably made it easier too.
2009-07-26, 4:46 PM #35
The Force Unleashed was a good game, not great, but good. I just hope the new DLC will be fairy charged for the consoles.
2009-07-26, 4:54 PM #36
You really think JK would have lasted anywhere beyond the launch year without modding?

Yes. People played MP through the Zone for years after the game came out.
Pissed Off?
2009-07-26, 6:21 PM #37
But they did so with mods, I remember it.
2009-07-26, 6:26 PM #38
...your posts are full retard. :suicide:
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-07-26, 6:26 PM #39
If this had any hopes of being moddable, and not a console-to-PC port, I'd be excited.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-07-26, 6:32 PM #40
But they did so with mods, I remember it.

Yeah, all those NF Sabers games were full of mods! :master:
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!