Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 1984 much?
1984 much?
2009-08-11, 1:45 AM #161
global warming is such bull****.

Yes, there are extreme leftists out there that think global warming is a crock of horse**** political movement bordering on religion, as wookie hilariously pointed out.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-08-11, 2:29 AM #162
I saw it on Fox News.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-08-11, 7:08 AM #163
[http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ksc/lowres/kscn1073l.jpg]
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-08-11, 8:11 AM #164
wow your a regular Nostradamus with that one. :P
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-08-11, 10:50 AM #165
Yeah, we all know the IPCC studiously use Bible codes and astrology in their provisions.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
2009-08-11, 11:18 AM #166
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
I think this beautiful painting illustrates America's future
[http://wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/obama-painting2.jpg]

For the 5th page.
2009-08-11, 11:25 AM #167
Originally posted by Freelancer:
global warming is such bull****.

Yes, there are extreme leftists out there that think global warming is a crock of horse**** political movement bordering on religion, as wookie hilariously pointed out.

I know extreme leftists who don't believe in evolution.

(they say the same thing lol)
2009-08-11, 11:53 AM #168
I guess some people need a 'quest' to feel good about themselves. But they can't undertake one that would have them leave the confines of their socioeconomic prisons, so they go ahead and choose one that's popular, allows them high levels of self-righteousness, and one in which they don't have to really do anything.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-08-11, 1:01 PM #169
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I guess some people need a 'quest' to feel good about themselves. But they can't undertake one that would have them leave the confines of their socioeconomic prisons, so they go ahead and choose one that's popular, allows them high levels of self-righteousness, and one in which they don't have to really do anything.
Of course. The great part is that those crusades are fully-funded and organized by large businesses with an agenda so all the followers have to do is get the attention their parents never paid them.

Like, as previously mentioned, global climate change. Nobody sane should care either way, but the oil and car companies paid some pretty good money to turn it into a divisive, polarizing issue. "Those godless scientists are ****ing us again," says the pair of industries that soak up the most skilled engineers.

Or here. Sure, providing a health insurance option to people who wouldn't normally be accepted by a private insurer is going to eventually reduce costs and increase quality of service across the board, but... COMMUNISM!
2009-08-11, 1:03 PM #170
There's no doubt that climate change has been used as part of wider eco-anxiety driven nonsense, but the science behind anthropogenic climate change is very real. Don't let hippy organic nuts that have hijacked the science as part of a political agenda convince you that the whole thing is untrue, as the climate change deniers are just as full of **** and have a very clear economic agenda. The IPCC reports are very clear, and make deliberately conservative assesments.
2009-08-11, 1:10 PM #171
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Or here. Sure, providing a health insurance option to people who wouldn't normally be accepted by a private insurer is going to eventually reduce costs and increase quality of service across the board, but... COMMUNISM!

Actually, that specific topic hasn't really come up much in this thread. This thread has been mostly about the abomination that is currently proposed.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

↑ Up to the top!