Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I have a date tommorrow, plz help.
I have a date tommorrow, plz help.
2009-08-12, 6:37 PM #41
Originally posted by zanardi:
tell her to s your d for $12

Why would he pay her to sodomize his dog? Man you're a sick ****.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-08-12, 7:36 PM #42
I whole-heartedly disagree with Kieran Horn's approach (and srsly Kieran Horn??? Where the hell have you been??). This basically screams "I'm a boring, uninteresting person." and "I just want to be friends with you." Yes, I suppose it's the "Safe" way to keep from alienating her and while it almost guarantees you'll see her again, it does nothing to establish your intentions as future boyfriend. In my opinion, you have to be *slightly* more edgy than that. There's absolutely nothing wrong with talking politics or religion if she brings it up. And if you two have different opinions, that's not the end of the world. (I'm not saying you should be pushing a political agenda or get into a heated debate or anything. But having your own opinion and not being afraid to talk about it shows that you have brains and balls.) Additionally, you need to treat her in such a way that she knows you intend to take her out in a romantic fashion in the future, (ie guiding her through doorways with your hand on the small of her back, opening and holding doors for her (including the car door if you're driving her anywhere, etc.). If things are going well towards the end of the evening try holding her hand, maybe go in for the kiss. Now I'm not saying you should be pushy or anything. If she doesn't want the attention then don't give it, but you have to be able to judge where she's at and whether your advances will be welcomed (and as long as you don't screw anything up early on, they should be welcome or she'd not have agreed to go out with you anyway). It's all little stuff like where does she sit in relation to you at the bar/table, how long does her eyes linger on you when she looks your way, if she's sitting near you does she have her hands folded into her lap, unaccessable, or up on the table in range of your own hands?)

Anyway, there's my advice. DONT take it and be an ***. You gotta find the line between "I'm a boring person who wants to be your friend" and "I'm an over-bearing jealous boyfriend even though I just met you last week."
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-08-12, 9:08 PM #43
Quote:
(and srsly Kieran Horn??? Where the hell have you been??)

Destroying the world, one orphanage at a time.

Quote:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with talking politics or religion if she brings it up. And if you two have different opinions, that's not the end of the world. (I'm not saying you should be pushing a political agenda or get into a heated debate or anything. But having your own opinion and not being afraid to talk about it shows that you have brains and balls.)
This really only applies to level headed people on the subject, of which I've found there are fewer than I'd like. Religion and politics are taken very personally and some people can't stand people they disagree with on these issues. Of course, I guess that brings up the argument of would you really want to be with someone who takes it that seriously? I guess the reason I mention not to bring it up unless she does first is because you don't want to look like that guy. Passion or even uneducated interest for something like politics or religion can easily be misinterpreted as fanaticism.

I think that's really the only thing we disagree on so far, so I don't know where the "whole heartedly" comes from.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2009-08-13, 12:30 AM #44
I don't know, it just seemed like you were instructing too much caution. Maybe I took an incorrect interpretation of your advice. *shrug*

And yeah, if the woman's gonna freak out cause she likes Obama and you don't, there's really no future with that relationship anyway, so why bother? (you know, unless you're just trying to get some)

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-08-13, 12:07 PM #45
Originally posted by Detty:
We don't do/have any of those 4 things in England.

Wait, is one of the four things "Enjoy!"?

Originally posted by Jon`C:
The most important piece of advice I can give you is to never take advice, especially not when people ho and hum and nod approvingly at the piece of advice while stroking their beards. Don't take advice from the single or chronically single because they don't know what they're talking about. Don't take advice from women because they don't have to do anything special to land a partner. Don't take advice from people in committed, meaningful relationships because, at the very least, I'm mystified at the process and telling you how to reproduce the results would be like making lightning strike twice.

Don't do anything you wouldn't do.

don't listen to this guy
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-08-13, 12:38 PM #46
Originally posted by gbk:
Yeah, do that. I hear it worked out really well for the last guy that did that.

lawl
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2009-08-13, 1:42 PM #47
If she goes to the lady's room, slip out. It's important to appear mysterious on the first date. They'll want to know more about you.
:master::master::master:
2009-08-13, 2:38 PM #48
It's almost 11pm where Andrew Ingram is. I wonder if she's bored of him yet?
2009-08-13, 2:53 PM #49
they must be doing it, of course
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-08-13, 3:58 PM #50
This thread is now about advice for getting dates in the first place.

Advice: whatever I do, do the opposite of that
Stuff
2009-08-13, 4:19 PM #51
kyle, you'll be fine once you find the girl that's turned on by fancy, bright lasers.

2009-08-13, 4:29 PM #52
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
kyle, you'll be fine once you find the girl that's turned on by fancy, bright lasers.

You understand me more completely than you know.
Stuff
2009-08-14, 12:02 PM #53
I think she killed him. :(
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2009-08-14, 12:04 PM #54
.(
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-08-14, 12:06 PM #55
Yes, she killed me.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-08-14, 12:12 PM #56
Oh man I hope I can still log onto the internet when I'm dead too. It'll make eternity a whole lot less boring!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-08-14, 3:24 PM #57
howd the date go??
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-08-14, 3:47 PM #58
Originally posted by Jep:
Oh man I hope I can still log onto the internet when I'm dead too. It'll make eternity a whole lot less boring!

Then you'll just regret all that time you wasted using the internet while you were alive. You could've been doing other stuff, instead of doing what you'd just end up doing in the afterlife!
I'm just a little boy.
2009-08-14, 5:03 PM #59
Did it go well?
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2009-08-14, 5:24 PM #60
It went okay, hard to say though, it was all a bit awkward.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-08-14, 6:12 PM #61
well...will there be a follow-up date?
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-08-14, 6:18 PM #62
ahh i love first date awkwardness, anyway

dont let it stop you, it sounds cliche, but BE YOURSELF, if she falls in love with someone who isnt really you, itll be very bad
2009-08-14, 9:38 PM #63
That Detty guy is a total failure.
>>untie shoes
2009-08-14, 11:09 PM #64
Yeah don't please don't memorize a list of potential conversation filling questions that's so awful.
2009-08-15, 9:01 AM #65
wheres the play by play on what happened?
2009-08-15, 11:07 AM #66
Welcome back Snoop. Been a couple months.

Anyway, I went on a date at a bar last night too.

I think it went better than Detty's though :/
2009-08-15, 11:46 AM #67
Originally posted by Vin:
Welcome back Snoop. Been a couple months.

Anyway, I went on a date at a bar last night too.

I think it went better than Detty's though :/

Secks with a man. lol :neckbeard:
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-08-15, 11:55 AM #68
Ugh, stop flaunting my sexuality.
2009-08-15, 12:13 PM #69
Progress report on kyle90's attempt to get a date, day 8,415:

Showed 5 mW green laser and 5 mW violet laser to girl. She expressed interest in the lasers but not in me. Considering increasing laser power.
Stuff
2009-08-15, 1:17 PM #70
Quote:
Considering increasing laser power.

Good idea. Despite what you may hear, size does matter.
2009-08-15, 1:24 PM #71
Well I've long said "when in doubt, increase the voltage".

Maybe it's time to amp things up too, as it were.
Stuff
2009-08-15, 6:29 PM #72
Well that would certainly spark things up.

I can't see how this carefully laid plan could possibly fail.
2009-08-16, 2:54 AM #73
kyle, try taking the violet one and making it project a heart shape. :o

2009-08-16, 8:48 AM #74
hmmm... those crappy red lasers you get from the dollar store often have interchangeable heads that do different shapes; that should work with my purple one. Will attempt this and report back.
Stuff
2009-08-16, 2:23 PM #75
Make it to where the laser will set her clothes on fire. Then jump on her and smother the flames out with your manliness.
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2009-08-16, 4:57 PM #76
Originally posted by Yecti:
Secks with a man. lol :neckbeard:

Ha ha, Vin makes you uncomfortable
2009-08-16, 5:03 PM #77
Originally posted by kyle90:
hmmm... those crappy red lasers you get from the dollar store often have interchangeable heads that do different shapes; that should work with my purple one. Will attempt this and report back.

Do X-ray lasers exist? If so, you can skip all those unnecessary steps to getting in her pants! :awesome:
DO NOT WANT.
2009-08-16, 5:14 PM #78
It's not the voltage of the lasers. It's the color and sequence.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE

↑ Up to the top!