Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Stupid Valve (Alt Title: Awesome TF2 update for non-scrubs)
Stupid Valve (Alt Title: Awesome TF2 update for non-scrubs)
2009-08-15, 6:33 AM #41
I think the problem was that the pistol was a machine gun for people using scripts.

I don't like the sapper/teleporter change. A spy sapped all my stuff and of course as usual there's not enough time to save AND kill the spy, and when the teleporter blows up f course now BOTH ENDS are gone and I can't just place the exit again and rebuild it, I have to go all the way back to the spawn leaving my stuff unprotected. Maybe it's a nerf the engineer needs but it's still an annoying change.

It also lessens the spy's need to make a tactical decision... should I sap the entrance, or take the enemy teleporter and sap the exit and everything else there? There's still that decision but the outcome is less variable now since BOTH teleporter ends are destroyed if the spy is successful either way.

2009-08-15, 6:41 AM #42
That is a downside, but if you're any good at protecting your stuff in the first place, they shouldn't be taking down your exits. It's a great benefit to the Engi as far as entrance sapping goes.

Also, Kirby, I'm just pointing out the fact that the pistol is useless. Whether you managed to get a bunch of lucky kills on some terrible snipers or not doesn't change the fact that it's inaccurate (literally, randomized accuracy), and does like 20 damage.
2009-08-15, 7:03 AM #43
Originally posted by Commander 598:
u mad, scrub? [http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b329/Cmd598/emote/emot-smug.gif]

I'll cut you.
2009-08-16, 8:46 AM #44
Also, from the perspective of the spy, the sapper thing is NOT an engie nerf. I also don't think it changes much for the engie, except giving him the added benefit of only having to retreat if a sapper actually takes out the tele.

I find it almost too easy to defend my stuff now, and beat my old engie score. Even without my beloved pistol, I've used the wrench a lot more and built slightly different so I could keep on my tele. Building in the sewers on 2fort is now almost cheating as long as a good stream of friendlies is coming through.

I'm worried how the demo/engie updates will go, and if they'll make him too powerful. I'd love to see the demo get mines, and then allow the engie to see/remove them.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!