Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → BlackDonald
BlackDonald
2009-08-24, 11:28 AM #1
http://www.365black.com/365black/index.jsp
yes, african american culture should be celebrated 365 days a year with rap music, soul food and mcdonalds

2009-08-24, 11:29 AM #2
african baobab tree =/= mcdonalds

2009-08-24, 11:31 AM #3
How dare a company cater to a minority group?!
2009-08-24, 11:31 AM #4
:carl:
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-08-24, 11:33 AM #5
What a crock of ****
2009-08-24, 11:39 AM #6
Wow. I kept thinking it was a joke.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-08-24, 11:59 AM #7
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/zmonks/fgrBAMAburger.png]
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/zmonks/FGRBAMAburgernyum.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-08-24, 12:16 PM #8
I thought everyone here already reads digg?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-08-24, 1:36 PM #9
I don't.

What the hell?
nope.
2009-08-24, 1:37 PM #10
And the black community complains about stereotypes..

How can one ***** about something they fully contribute to? It fascinates me.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-08-24, 2:02 PM #11
Where on this website does it promote or even mention black stereotypes?
2009-08-24, 2:07 PM #12
Wow, that's pretty sad.

Originally posted by 365black.com:
It's a place where you can learn more about education, employment, career advancement and entrepreneurship opportunities, and meet real people blacks whose lives have been touched by McDonald's.

It's really bizarre about how much Americans (IMO) care about what skin color you have.
幻術
2009-08-24, 2:13 PM #13
Originally posted by Koobie:
It's really bizarre about how much Americans (IMO) care about what skin color you have.

No, your absolutely right, but please don't use 'Americans' because I am an American and I do not think this way.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-08-24, 2:18 PM #14
I'm generalising, of course. So... Which word do you want me to use? American media? But it's not just the media. I mean, you could say that it's insane how much Russians drink, and you'd be right - even though I myself don't drink all that much. Usually.
幻術
2009-08-24, 2:34 PM #15
Originally posted by Vin:
Where on this website does it promote or even mention black stereotypes?

You missed the point entirely.
-Martyn
2009-08-24, 2:38 PM #16
Originally posted by Koobie:
I'm generalising, of course. So... Which word do you want me to use? American media? But it's not just the media. I mean, you could say that it's insane how much Russians drink, and you'd be right - even though I myself don't drink all that much. Usually.

No actually, go ahead and use Americans, I just wont associate myself with them
2009-08-24, 2:40 PM #17
Our species will never get over a "race war" if people, and companies alike don't start ignoring skin color. Their website should be 365human.com to celebrate the human species 365 days a year.
2009-08-24, 5:51 PM #18
Looks like McDonalds is trying to catch up with KFC.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-24, 6:20 PM #19
It's things like this that baffle me regarding the never ending quest for equality.

To me, these holidays, "history" months, don't help in saying anything about equality. To me, they seem to be pointing out that somehow blacks, gays, etc, are different from white people, heteros, etc. I believe that a person's skin does not make them more or less of a person, or even just a different person as a whole. Apparently these people do.

In this specific case, they seem to say that blacks somehow deserve year long celebration because...well....they're skin is black. At least in my twisted head, Mcdonalds is acknowledging that blacks are indeed different.

2009-08-24, 6:39 PM #20
They deserve it because they have been and still are a disadvantaged class in our country.
2009-08-24, 7:12 PM #21
While we're on the subject, I never understood why Abraham Lincoln is so universally revered as the man who freed the slaves. First of all, on a purely philosophical level, saying that some white guy in a white house had to decree that slaves were now free kind of legitimizes their enslavement and snubs their natural rights. But also, on a purely practical level, at the time the CSA didn't really give a flying **** WHAT lincoln thought. It was kind of like Canada declaring that all those imprisoned in Guantanamo Bay were free. Kind of pointless except as a symbolic stand, which is great except that the north had already made that stand, and it CAUSED the war in the first place.

It just never sat well with me that the slaves had to have someone else free them, whether that be the proclamation, the war, or the legal struggles leading up to the war. It's a disturbing counterpart to the american revolution, in my eyes. I'd love to research the whole issue and write a book on it...but I'm an engineer.

Edit: And Vin, how is black a "class" in your eyes? There are plenty of other groups that are disadvantaged, and not everyone in that group IS disadvantaged.
Warhead[97]
2009-08-24, 7:14 PM #22
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
First of all, on a purely philosophical level, saying that some white guy in a white house had to decree that slaves were now free kind of legitimizes their enslavement and snubs their natural rights.

What?
2009-08-24, 7:20 PM #23
Originally posted by Vin:
They deserve it because they have been and still are a disadvantaged class in our country.

Uhm. No.

The only reason they are disadvantaged at all is because a majority of them share the ghetto attitude/philosophy that the "white man" is out to get them and that they'll never get out of their current circumstances so they should settle for poverty and crime. If black people as a whole did away with that mentality they would more then flourish as a minority.

Look at italians and jews, they were once held in the same disregard as blacks claim to be presently. Rather then wallowing in their own poverty and creating a lifestyle around it, they bettered themselves as a whole and are now prospering because of it.

The ones who do away with the "ghetto" mentality are the ones who make it big (rappers aside, they perpetuate the endless "ghetto" cycle).

And before anyone goes OMFG EEEeeEeEEE YU R TEH RACZT!!!1111!, in normal massassi fashion -- I would say the same for the hispanic community as well, considering they share a similar downfall.
-Martyn
2009-08-24, 7:25 PM #24
Originally posted by Onimusha:
And before anyone goes OMFG EEEeeEeEEE YU R TEH RACZT!!!1111!, in normal massassi fashion -- I would say the same for the hispanic community as well, considering they share a similar downfall.

Therefore: Racism + Racism = No Racism?
2009-08-24, 7:25 PM #25
To clarify, the point was that (again, this is a mostly irrelevant, purely philosophical point) all men are free, so admiring a man who simply states that another man is now free implies both that he was NOT free before, and that the freeing individual therefore has the right to determine who is and is not free. Yet again, this is mostly irrelevant because it ignores practical matters which lend weight, but it's just a thought.
Warhead[97]
2009-08-24, 7:26 PM #26
italians and jews are white

2009-08-24, 7:28 PM #27
To clarify, the point was that (again, this is a mostly irrelevant, purely philosophical point) all men are free, so admiring a man who simply states that another man is now free implies both that he was NOT free before, and that the freeing individual therefore has the right to determine who is and is not free. Yet again, this is mostly irrelevant because it ignores practical matters which lend weight, but it's just a thought.

So, basically, when Group A oppresses Group B, it's wrong for Group A to say they are no longer oppressing Group B, because it confirms they were being oppressed?

And, not all men are free, at least not the ones that are enslaved. :downswords:
2009-08-24, 7:28 PM #28
Oh, and without speaking for Onimusha (for all I know he is TOTALLY racist):

it's not like you see white trash springing out of their trailerparks and becoming CEOs any faster than poor black people can escape their poverty. It's not a black thing. It's a culture that exists to varying degrees (good luck doing a study on that) in every race, I'd be willing to bet.
Warhead[97]
2009-08-24, 7:29 PM #29
While we're on the subject, I never understood why Abraham Lincoln is so universally revered as the man who freed the slaves.

Also, it's pretty well documented that he strongly considered "freeing the slaves" a military strategic move, as freeing them suddenely increased his military #s an INCREDIBLE amount. I believe he passed a Militia Act in 1862 making it legal for blacks to join the army.

I believe Lincoln once said “If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone; I would also do that”. It's pretty clear he didn't give a **** really about equality, only about saving the Union. The Emancipation Proclimation only made slaves in seceded states free actually, so any other slaves were still slaves.

From an objective standpoint, I can clearly see WHY he did it. It's just that in the end it really wasn't about slavery for him, it was about the Union. He's a politician, so that usually explains a lot.

2009-08-24, 7:31 PM #30
Uhm. No.
Look at italians and jews, they were once held in the same disregard as blacks claim to be presently.

also, i dont think italians and jews were ever considered 3/5ths of a person

2009-08-24, 7:32 PM #31
Originally posted by SithGhost:
So, basically, when Group A oppresses Group B, it's wrong for Group A to say they are no longer oppressing Group B, because it confirms they were being oppressed?

And, not all men are free, at least not the ones that are enslaved. :downswords:

Wow. You're not too good at this. Totally not getting the point. And why are you using practical arguments on the philosophical portion of my thoughts?
Warhead[97]
2009-08-24, 7:32 PM #32
Originally posted by SithGhost:
Therefore: Racism + Racism = No Racism?

NOTHING about what I said was racist whatsoever.

I pointed out an attitude that is prevalent throughout most of the black community. Absolutely nothing racist about pointing out someones attitude regardless of their skin color. You just don't agree with it so you cry racism. YOU are the one seeing color difference here bub.

Its sad, really. People like you perpetuate the race war by enabling anyone to cry racist when pointing out the realities that just happen to be shared by a said group of people -- in this case the black community.

Quote:
also, i dont think italians and jews were ever considered 3/5ths of a person

You would be hard pressed to find anyone in any state besides alabama or Mississippi who still thinks remotely close to that.
-Martyn
2009-08-24, 7:33 PM #33
Originally posted by mscbuck:
The Emancipation Proclimation only made slaves in seceded states free actually, so any other slaves were still slaves.

Exactly.
Warhead[97]
2009-08-24, 7:34 PM #34
yeah from your POV onimusha
you blatantly saying "oh all black dudes have a ****ty attitude towrads life cause the white man is after them" is from your own powers of observation, which in turn is opinion

2009-08-24, 7:35 PM #35
Wow. You're not too good at this. Totally not getting the point. And why are you using practical arguments on the philosophical portion of my thoughts?

Wow. You totally avoided my argument.
2009-08-24, 7:36 PM #36
I never said all, I said most. Go and ask the next 10 random black people what their opinion on the situation of the black community is, video it, and post it here. I dare you.

Also it may be my OPINION, but its certainly not racist.

Quote:
italians and jews are white

Yeah and how do you think they became generally accepted as such hmm?

My family had to change their last name because if they had not, my great grandfather wouldn't have had a job during the depression, only when italian americans became more acceptable in american society did he change it back again. Not only that, but he learned English in its entirety without an accent, never spoke anything but English outside of his own home, and didn't go parading around that he was anything else except an American. Because of that, he saw great personal success. I can't say the same for minorities in America now-a-days.
-Martyn
2009-08-24, 7:41 PM #37
I wasn't going to address your argument, because as I stated, you're making practical arguments on a philosophical point, which is pretty silly. I don't really know how to say it any differently.

If I tell you that you are ALLOWED to do something, it IMPLIES that I have the right to determine whether or not you do that thing, especially if you then THANK me for letting you.
Warhead[97]
2009-08-24, 7:45 PM #38
Assuming that blacks are still disadvantaged only reenforces that attitude. Under the law they are completely equal, we should move on already.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-08-24, 7:49 PM #39
For once I agree with Emon on something.
-Martyn
2009-08-24, 7:49 PM #40
NOTHING about what I said was racist whatsoever.

I pointed out an attitude that is prevalent throughout most of the black community. Absolutely nothing racist about pointing out someones attitude regardless of their skin color. You just don't agree with it so you cry racism. YOU are the one seeing color difference here bub.

Its sad, really. People like you perpetuate the race war by enabling anyone to cry racist when pointing out the realities that just happen to be shared by a said group of people -- in this case the black community.

Actually, I was more so pointing out the flaw in your logic than calling you racist. This is why I didn't analyze all of the other parts of your post, and only quoted that particular part. Let's revisit:

Quote:

You implied that because you felt the same about another culture that you are therefore not racist. This is poor logic: supposing the person reading does feel you are racist, then saying that you share the same feelings for another culture just makes you even more racist.

My intent was never to call you racist, even though you are. My intention was really just to point out that you are an idiot.

↑ Up to the top!