Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fall 2009, what games are you looking forward to?
Fall 2009, what games are you looking forward to?
2009-08-27, 6:25 AM #1
The upcoming fall season innevitably brings about a great number of game releases. What are some of the games you're looking for?

For my part, I'm starting to get overwhelmed with titles.

> Halo 3 : ODST
I don't like the halo series as whole, but this title seems very appealing to me. I always despised the Master Chief character and the controls revolving around him. The whole recharging shields and low-gravity like jumping were never my cup of tea. ODST seems to offer a more commando-like gameplay and the urban setting is something I look forward too very much. Not to mention that Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin and Alan Tidyuk lend their likeness and voice to ODST squad members (whom you get to play during flashback sequences)

> Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
While the series is overall getting stale, and the focus on mindless killing can get boring, I very much enjoy playing these games with friends, and even my girlfriend enjoys it. I'm looking forward to playing around with Deadpool.

> NHL 10
The game looks to host some fun new features, and this is one of the few games I get to enjoy with my little bro. He's one crazy hockey fan.

> Borderlands
I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic settings, and this more cartoony take on the genre intrigues me. I'm going to be waiting for reviews before I go out and get it, but I have high hopes for it.

> Dragon Age
I'm just dying for a good, new roleplaying game. I've beaten Mass Effect, Oblivion, Fable 2 and Fallout 3 more times than I can remember now. While I adore these games to death (excluding Oblivion, they need to upgrade Morrowing :() I'm getting sick of it. I'm a sucker for roleplaying games with various choices to make and Dragon Age looks to take that to a whole new level.

> Assassin's Creed 2
Because I very much enjoy the game and this one promises to kill the repetitive flaws of the first. The new settings seems very elegant.

> Dirt 2, Blur, Need For Speed : Shift
I'm praying that one of the games will be a good racing title. I've been hungering for a good racing title but I've not found one I really enjoyed on the 360 yet.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-08-27, 6:27 AM #2
BIOSHOCK 2: whenever it comes out

Metroid Prime Trilogy: **** yea! METROID

l4d2: zooooooooooombies, but probabably still won't pick it up for a while
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-08-27, 6:32 AM #3
Assassin's Creed 2!

Also the PC versions of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Red Faction: Guerilla, and SW: The Force Unleashed.

As for later releases it would have to be Bioshock 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty and SW: The Old Republic.
幻術
2009-08-27, 6:41 AM #4
Hm, I don't even know what games are going to come out and when. Besides Deus Ex 3 which will be a disappointment anyhow.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-08-27, 6:43 AM #5
Originally posted by Jep:

> Halo 3 : ODST
I don't like the halo series as whole, but this title seems very appealing to me. I always despised the Master Chief character and the controls revolving around him. The whole recharging shields and low-gravity like jumping were never my cup of tea. ODST seems to offer a more commando-like gameplay and the urban setting is something I look forward too very much. Not to mention that Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin and Alan Tidyuk lend their likeness and voice to ODST squad members (whom you get to play during flashback sequences)

Sometimes I wonder if you are too much like me. Times like these. Times when you say exactly what I'm thinking. <_<

:psylon:
2009-08-27, 6:47 AM #6
My cleft chin isn't nearly as awesome or pronounced. .(
2009-08-27, 6:47 AM #7
cod6

2009-08-27, 7:13 AM #8
I haven't been keeping up on games lately because I've been working too much. However, I do have an Xbox 360 & some of the titles that were suggested above sound quite interesting. I almost bought a game called "Dead Space" the other day while walking through the store, but I decided against it. The cover looked interesting but I didn't want to be stuck with a game that turned out to be bad simply because I didn't know anything about it.

Is there anything new coming out from LucasArts? I realize that they've been pure dog**** since JK/MotS, but I do love a good Star Wars game (especially FPS's).
? :)
2009-08-27, 7:16 AM #9
Scribblenauts
I am highly confident that this will be the best game of all time.

Aion
The next big MMO. Sign me up.

Forza 3
Where is Gran Turismo 4? A new Forza will do in the interim.

Left 4 Dead 2
Cos the original kicks booty.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2009-08-27, 7:19 AM #10
Oh yea, I'm rather interested in Aion but I dread how it'll play out on 2gb ram, a x1900xt video card, athlon 4800+ cpu

Age of Conan and Warhammer both played like dog**** on it
2009-08-27, 7:19 AM #11
Halo 3 : ODST? $60 for little less than 6 hours of SP gameplay?

Someone needs to convince me that this is a good buy.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-27, 7:19 AM #12
modern warfare 2
bad company 2
army of two sequel
splinter cell conviction
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2009-08-27, 7:20 AM #13
Originally posted by Spork:
Scribblenauts
I am highly confident that this will be the best game of all time.

Also this x10^(10^(10^10))
2009-08-27, 7:22 AM #14
Originally posted by Mentat:
I haven't been keeping up on games lately because I've been working too much. However, I do have an Xbox 360 & some of the titles that were suggested above sound quite interesting. I almost bought a game called "Dead Space" the other day while walking through the store, but I decided against it. The cover looked interesting but I didn't want to be stuck with a game that turned out to be bad simply because I didn't know anything about it.

Is there anything new coming out from LucasArts? I realize that they've been pure dog**** since JK/MotS, but I do love a good Star Wars game (especially FPS's).

I haven't heard of anything new that's Star Wars based lately, and if I remember rightly Dead Space is actually meant to be great if survival horror is your bag.

I know it isn't quite autumn yet, but I really looking forward to getting Arkham Asylum, and yes I know it's out already. :P Oh and Uncharted 2 looks promising.
Originally posted by Spork:
Forza 3
Where is Gran Turismo 4?

2005. :P
nope.
2009-08-27, 7:24 AM #15
I think Star Wars Old Republic MMORPG is LA's top priority as of now. They are also busy making DLC for Force Unleashed until the game runs dry. I don't think any new action game in along the way (disregarding crappy Wii games they produce.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-27, 7:35 AM #16
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Halo 3 : ODST? $60 for little less than 6 hours of SP gameplay?

Someone needs to convince me that this is a good buy.

From what I understand, its actually grown a lot since they first announced the game, and is now considered a full game instead of an expansion, thus the price tag. It would be ludicrous if it was indeed a mere 6 hours of gameplay.

If you happen to be right, however, and it does cost 60$ for less than 6 hours of SP gameplay, you can certainly scratch ODST my list. I'll wait and see though.
2009-08-27, 7:55 AM #17
Nothing in the fall. I'm looking forward to Diablo III and Starcraft 2. That's about it.

Game of the year already came out anyway (Shadow Complex).
2009-08-27, 8:04 AM #18
Borderlands. I've been following this game since they first announced it. I'm going to play Champions Online when it comes out as well. The latest incarnation of Smackdown vs Raw.

That's about it that appeals to me. Might get L4D2 when it comes out.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2009-08-27, 8:09 AM #19
Oh I forgot about Champions Online, its the only MMO I've seen that looked appealing since CoH.
nope.
2009-08-27, 8:37 AM #20
Assassin's Creed 2
Modern Warfare 2
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-08-27, 9:09 AM #21
Originally posted by Mentat:
However, I do have an Xbox 360 & some of the titles that were suggested above sound quite interesting. I almost bought a game called "Dead Space" the other day while walking through the store, but I decided against it.

I highly recommend you get it if you enjoy games like Alone in the Dark or Resident Evil. It's a very well-made and interesting Survival Horror game. If I were you I'd check out a video review from Gamespot or IGN or some other video games site for more details.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadspace/index.html
幻術
2009-08-27, 9:48 AM #22
Forza 3 (Kinda.. though sim bin is my new favorite sim developer)
modern warfare 2
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-08-27, 10:03 AM #23
November is going to be a great month!
Venture Bros. Season 4
Assassins Creed II
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Left 4 Dead II
Scribblenauts
Borderlands
Force Unleashed: SITH EDITION (glorious villainy!)
Plus Turkey Day?! Best. Month. Ever.

[oh and I'm getting married]
this probably means I won't be playing any of those games
2009-08-27, 10:54 AM #24
Modern Warfare 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Darkest of Days?
Splinter Cell
2009-08-27, 11:01 AM #25
Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, and Adam baldwin all lended their voices for Halo 3.

The marine that scans/analyzes master chief in the very beginning is alan tudyk.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2009-08-27, 11:15 AM #26
Yea, it was the reason I bought Halo 3 in the first place. This time around, they are lending this likenesses also. Their respective characters also match their Firefly roles (leader, badass soldier, comic relief pilot, etc.)
2009-08-27, 11:25 AM #27
Oh, I guess I can throw in Aion as well, although I already played the beta and I have preordered it.
2009-08-27, 11:58 AM #28
Tropico 3, and the patch that makes Hearts of Iron 3 playable.
2009-08-27, 12:02 PM #29
Do you really want them to make ODST longer? They did that with halo 1/2 by just copy/pasting huge swaths of the levels.
2009-08-27, 12:06 PM #30
What I'd like is for them to make a good and long campaign. These are guys who have the resources they need to make an excellent game. I just hope they use it, however unlikely that may be.
2009-08-27, 12:28 PM #31
Modern Warfare 2
2009-08-27, 12:53 PM #32
Assassin's Creed 2, that new game from the creators of ICO/SOTC, news on Diablo III would be nice. Also looking forward to updates on Metroid: Other M.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-08-27, 12:57 PM #33
Mm, Modern Warfare 2, I guess.

And STALKER: Call Of Pripyat, but I don't know when that's due.

Oh, and Dwarf Fortress if the new version is competed by the end of this year...
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2009-08-27, 1:18 PM #34
The Beatles: Rock Band, Assassin's Creed 2, and Modern Warfare 2.
2009-08-27, 1:32 PM #35
hey are you guys gettings modernwarfare 2 on console or pc

2009-08-27, 3:21 PM #36
I think I'm the only one on earth who didn't like CoD modern warfare.
2009-08-27, 3:25 PM #37
I enjoyed the single player campaign, but not multiplay. I don't like multiplay games that award upgrades/benefits based on rank. It makes the game harder for rookies, and gives people with more time on their hands (and not necessarily more skill) a distinct advantage.
2009-08-27, 3:33 PM #38
I've actually lost track of what games were coming out that I was even vaguely interested in. I remember a couple of years ago I was all over this stuff. Stupid education and job.

Anyway, using this thread for reminders I'll probably be picking up Modern Warfare 2 and Assassin's Creed 2. Is Mass Effect 2 being released soon?
> Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
While the series is overall getting stale, and the focus on mindless killing can get boring, I very much enjoy playing these games with friends, and even my girlfriend enjoys it. I'm looking forward to playing around with Deadpool.

How can a series be getting stale when the second game hasn't even been released yet? I still need to finish the first one, actually. Either convince my housemate to start a new co-op game with me or just finish the one I started with my brother on my own.
2009-08-27, 3:41 PM #39
Oh yea, I'm rather interested in Aion but I dread how it'll play out on 2gb ram, a x1900xt video card, athlon 4800+ cpu

Age of Conan and Warhammer both played like dog**** on it

The preferred specs are actually around what your running.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-08-27, 5:39 PM #40
Originally posted by LividDK:
How can a series be getting stale when the second game hasn't even been released yet? I still need to finish the first one, actually. Either convince my housemate to start a new co-op game with me or just finish the one I started with my brother on my own.

Because I consider Marvel Ultimate Alliance a continuation of the Xmen Legend series from the xbox, which had the same gameplay. This will be essentially the fourth installment of marvel superhero brainless beat'em'uping :P

And as of right now Mass Effect 2 is slated for early 2010. Who's knows if it will get postponed or not.

↑ Up to the top!