Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → They should remake the Prequels
They should remake the Prequels
2009-08-27, 1:41 PM #1
Seriously, they were essentially awful. To be fair they did get better as they went and Episode 3 was definitely my favorite.

However, they were definitely terrible! ESB and RotJ were the best because...dundundun George Lucas didn't write them!

Anyway I was talking to fishstickz about this and we decided there were a few things that could make the remake be better:

• Tim Burton should direct it
  • And maybe also JJ Abrams
  • Edward James Olmos should be Yoda
  • The CG crew for BSG will do all the fancy 3d stuff
  • Jeremy Piven should be the Emperor
  • Samuel L Jackson will get more screen time
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-08-27, 1:43 PM #2
Samuel L. Jackson is a joke.
2009-08-27, 1:50 PM #3
Originally posted by mb:
  • Tim Burton should direct it
  • And maybe also JJ Abrams

No thanks.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-27, 1:58 PM #4
the deathstar should actually be a transformer

o.0
2009-08-27, 2:02 PM #5
Originally posted by Steven:
Samuel L. Jackson is a bad *** mother ******!.

fixed
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-08-27, 2:05 PM #6
No, actually, it's not fixed. It was perfect, then you went at made it worse.

Enough with the "fixed" bull****. It's tired and not very clever. Try thinking an original though, and stop altering those of others.
2009-08-27, 2:18 PM #7

what are you talking about!? he is awesome. he is one of my favorite actors. he does not have a stick up his arse about playing off beat characters (granted he does has a stick up there about those characters being bad *** mother *******) and i have yet to see him play a role that is boring.

sure he may play the same stereotype in almost all of his movies, but know what? at worst its amusing. and i prefer that my movies be entertaining. if i want to engage in something "profound and thought provoking" i will go read some history books then ponder the current situation of the world today and what i can do to better it.

there. was that original enough? :P
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-08-27, 2:30 PM #8
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
No thanks.

This.

And mb, Lucas at least wrote the story, not the screenplay. And the reason they were good is that Lucas didn't direct.
nope.
2009-08-27, 2:36 PM #9
I've actually just started watching the prequels again over the past few days since I haven't seen them pretty much since they came out (also surprised me to find out that Episode 1 is now a decade old). Just finished Attack of the Clones today. And I have to agree thus far: they're bad.

In all honesty they're only actually enjoyable when there's a fight going on, because they're at least entertaining to watch, or Obi-Wan's scenes in Episode 2, because he actually manages to act decently. Everything else is so awkwardly and poorly acted that it's quite cringe-worthy to watch. It's a thought I had when I walked through our living room the other week and my housemate was watching some Doctor Who/Torchwood cross-over. The bit I caught had David Tennant explaining something about how dimensions work and ghosts cross through them and such, and I wondered how actors feel when they have to spout some of this stuff in a serious, perhaps grave manner. Watching the prequels, you can tell they all seem a bit embarassed by it all.
2009-08-27, 2:36 PM #10
David Lynch should direct them
I'm just a little boy.
2009-08-27, 3:41 PM #11
Whatever you can do, MB can do better!

Quote:
I've actually just started watching the prequels again over the past few days since I haven't seen them pretty much since they came out (also surprised me to find out that Episode 1 is now a decade old). Just finished Attack of the Clones today. And I have to agree thus far: they're bad.

In all honesty they're only actually enjoyable when there's a fight going on, because they're at least entertaining to watch, or Obi-Wan's scenes in Episode 2, because he actually manages to act decently. Everything else is so awkwardly and poorly acted that it's quite cringe-worthy to watch. It's a thought I had when I walked through our living room the other week and my housemate was watching some Doctor Who/Torchwood cross-over. The bit I caught had David Tennant explaining something about how dimensions work and ghosts cross through them and such, and I wondered how actors feel when they have to spout some of this stuff in a serious, perhaps grave manner. Watching the prequels, you can tell they all seem a bit embarassed by it all.

It may be embarrassing until they remember the fact that they are being paid extremely good money to essentially play and act like a fool all day.
2009-08-27, 3:44 PM #12
Stephen Lynch should do the soundtrack
2009-08-27, 3:47 PM #13
I think Liam Lynch should do the soundtrack.
nope.
2009-08-27, 3:48 PM #14
WHATEVER
2009-08-27, 3:55 PM #15
No
David Lynch should do the soundtrack
I'm just a little boy.
2009-08-27, 4:03 PM #16
MICHAELSPLOSION BAYSPLOSION should direct it
2009-08-27, 4:20 PM #17
Originally posted by Temperamental:
It may be embarrassing until they remember the fact that they are being paid extremely good money to essentially play and act like a fool all day.

Then clearly someone should've made a point of reminding them of that fact.
2009-08-27, 4:25 PM #18
George Lucas was a fan of [Eraserhead] and, after seeing it, wanted to hire Lynch to direct Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. Lynch declined, fearing it would be more of his own vision rather than Lucas'. The directorial duties eventually went to Richard Marquand.
I'm just a little boy.
2009-08-27, 5:16 PM #19
Return of the Jedi was great except for ewoks. Nothing wrong with ewoks inparticular, except that they were easily defeating elite stormtroopers.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-08-27, 5:26 PM #20
Yeah. I didn't have a problem with the traps for the AT-STs and such, I thought that was neat. But the parts where they just jump on them and bash them with rocks? I mean really, what is the armor even for?
2009-08-27, 5:31 PM #21
Even the plastic they used to simulate armor would have stopped those piddly rocks.
2009-08-27, 5:38 PM #22
CAN THEY ALTER THE TIMELINE TO MAKE OBI-WAN A BADASS KID WHO GETS INTO FIGHTS AT THE BAR AND BECOMES A JEDI MASTER IN 3 YEARS AND HIS DAD DIES TO SAVE HIS MOM BY CRASHING A SHIP INTO ANOTHER SHIP AND HE SHAGS GREEN CHICKS...oh wait
2009-08-27, 6:21 PM #23
Quote:
Then clearly someone should've made a point of reminding them of that fact.

They probably just didn't care. They seen the director couldn't tell the difference between good and bad acting and did their thing.
2009-08-27, 7:45 PM #24
Resurrect Stanley Kubrick and get him to direct it.
intergalactic wars would look and sound more realistic

2009-08-27, 8:19 PM #25
re: Samual L. Jackson:

I tend to agree with Steven here. The only thing he's done well has been Pulp Fiction and Unbreakable. Everything else he's ever been involved in has sucked sooo much butt.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-08-27, 8:37 PM #26
You're all on drugs. The prequels are a shining example of Lucas' directorial prowess. Who else could take such a large number of otherwise accomplished and generally well regarded actors and actress and have them all reach a new level of collective sucking? I think it's funny that the Anakin from the Clone Wars cartoon is better acted and characterised than the one in the prequels.

My main changes would be:
- better dialogue, especially less emo crap from Vader thanks.
- STOP CUTTING TO A NEW SCENE EVERY 30 SECONDS :mad:

The last one annoys me the most. Like most people born before 1995, I actually have an attention span greater than that of your average goldfish. On my good days, I can use my vast concentration powers and follow scenes that go on for several minutes. Impressive, yes?
2009-08-27, 8:45 PM #27
Hey what if Kubrick directed the Lord of the Rings?

2009-08-27, 8:52 PM #28

Enough with the "fixed" bull****. It's tired and not very clever. Try thinking an original though, and stop altering those of others.

Lighten the **** up.
2009-08-27, 8:59 PM #29
Originally posted by Tank:
Hey what if Kubrick directed the Lord of the Rings?

They would be the culmination of a massive in-joke that only Kubrick understands but thousands of people with tilted berets pretend to understand in a never-ending quest to be unique and colourful individuals with unique and colourful taste in film.

Kubrick's movies suck. The only good one he ever did was 2001.
2009-08-27, 9:00 PM #30
SLJ was cool in Jackie Brown and Black Snake Moan...
2009-08-28, 1:05 AM #31
He's Nick Fury, mother ****ers
Pissed Off?
2009-08-28, 1:36 AM #32
Originally posted by Jin:
They would be the culmination of a massive in-joke that only Kubrick understands but thousands of people with tilted berets pretend to understand in a never-ending quest to be unique and colourful individuals with unique and colourful taste in film.

Kubrick's movies suck. The only good one he ever did was 2001.

FMJ was pretty good I thought.
2009-08-28, 2:40 AM #33
Originally posted by Vin:
SLJ was cool in Jackie Brown and Black Snake Moan...

I'm glad someone mentioned Black Snake Moan, I think that's a great film.
2009-08-28, 6:39 AM #34
Star Wars movies need to go away and never come back. The ORIGINALS were fine the way they were, no one needed more...
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-08-28, 7:51 AM #35
Quote:
Enough with the "fixed" bull****. It's tired and not very clever. Try thinking an original thought, and stop altering those of others.

Fixed.
2009-08-28, 8:14 AM #36
Originally posted by Avenger:
He's Nick Fury, mother ****ers

Affirmative Action. Worked for the Kingpin too.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-08-28, 11:53 AM #37
Black Nick Fury existed before Jackson got the role.
Pissed Off?
2009-08-28, 11:57 AM #38
Originally posted by Avenger:
Black Nick Fury existed before Jackson got the role.

But Ultimate Nick Fury was tailored after Jackson from the get go.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-08-28, 12:00 PM #39
I actually like RotS a lot more than RotJ.

However, all the Luke and Vader stuff from RotJ clearly outweigh everything in RotS but the rest of the flick has actually never interested me. So in that regard I could still easily say that RotS is better than RotJ.

And while the prequels themselves are quite lame anyhow, I really like the Clone Wars (pre-2008 CGI series stuff anyhow) setting. In fact, more games like RC set in that period would be really cool. And the 2003 cartoon is still one of the best things ever made.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-08-28, 12:28 PM #40
Originally posted by Jep:
But Ultimate Nick Fury was tailored after Jackson from the get go.

Yes, but Ultimate Fury came about before Jackson took the role in Ironman. They just changed the appearance post Ironman.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!