Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Be Cool, Massassi, be cool. [re: post-Steam influx]
Be Cool, Massassi, be cool. [re: post-Steam influx]
2009-09-16, 9:00 PM #1
On the Steam forums, CoolMatty plugged the Massassi Temple in a thread. One Steam forum member commented:

Quote:
"Oh by the way, Don't ask any questions on that site, Just get flames."

While it might have been understandable to mock newbies a few months back, I think in light of JK "coming back" in this way, we have to come to terms with the possibility that many newcomers will appear on these forums over the coming weeks.

I suggest we welcome them. Newcomers are just what this community needs. I don't think we should be a "walled garden" where everyone knows everyone. Yes, regulars and oldtimers are great, but an influx of newcomers means that we have reason to talk about the game this site was created about.

Also... I released a public beta of LoG Co-op. If your copy of JK actually works, go check it out. :D
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2009-09-16, 9:04 PM #2
...that person you quoted was actually Tiberium_Empire...

Way to go, Tibby.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-09-16, 9:07 PM #3
Well you sure did.
What? You expect me to tell them that it's all roses and happiness over here? You guys would tear the noobs apart.
2009-09-16, 9:11 PM #4
Tear what apart? First, there probably won't be much of an influx from the looks of it.

And secondly, you've been here for years, and you know how many times we've helped people with JK and you know there is a search function.
2009-09-16, 9:13 PM #5
Haha... watch this thread become a flame war. :D

Anyway, I think we're in the clear for now. The subsequent poster said: "What site?" ;)

Come on, though, Tiberium_Empire. I think most of us have it in us to play nice... at least until we get to know you.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2009-09-16, 9:15 PM #6
On a related note, I was wondering if I should scan the game manual. It doesn't seem the Steam version comes with any documentation so perhaps Massassi should help out by a hosting a scan?
2009-09-16, 9:17 PM #7
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
Also... I released a public beta of LoG Co-op. If your copy of JK actually works, go check it out. :D

Sneaky!

2009-09-16, 9:28 PM #8
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Tear what apart? First, there probably won't be much of an influx from the looks of it.

And secondly, you've been here for years, and you know how many times we've helped people with JK and you know there is a search function.

Durr, I used it and none of you actually READ THE ORIGINAL POST.
If you want newcomers, expect to put up with that daily. The "Reading the post insightful and not jumping on it for no reason" will need to start.

Also lots of posts about how they can't get levels to work, don't know what a gob is, how to install gobs, and maybe asking how to get the game to work.
The best Idea here is to open up a tech support forum, I don't see what could go wrong.
2009-09-16, 9:33 PM #9
Tiberium, the reason people flame you is because you're pretty obviously posting just to get attention.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-09-16, 9:37 PM #10
Well when I have a problem with the game the site is dedicated too, whats wrong with that?
2009-09-16, 9:40 PM #11
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
Anyway, I think we're in the clear for now. The subsequent poster said: "What site?" ;)

Hey, I'm not the bestest reader :nonono:

I was a big JK player back in the day, was part of the clan JOF I think... Jedi of Fire. We weren't all that great, at least I wasn't. Good times though.

I'm trying to fix my Steam version... not sure if it's going to work, as their version is of course edited. I think I'm going to have to try and find my old disks and hope they aren't too scratched to be able to play multiplayer again, unless we can find some fixes for the Steam version.
2009-09-16, 9:41 PM #12
It's the exact same except it needs steam to run.
2009-09-16, 9:41 PM #13
Originally posted by Tracer:
Tiberium, the reason people flame you is because you're pretty obviously posting just to get attention.

Q.F.T.
2009-09-16, 9:45 PM #14
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Well when I have a problem with the game the site is dedicated too, whats wrong with that?

Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
...And secondly, you've been here for years, and you know how many times we've helped people with JK and you know there is a search function.

See, you didn't read all the posts, the point stands.
2009-09-16, 9:48 PM #15
No, You didn't read them
Go read the part about how I searched.
Good job proving my own point that you guys never read the posts you argue about.
2009-09-16, 9:52 PM #16
No, You didn't read them
Go read the part about how I searched.
Good job proving my own point that you guys never read the posts you argue about.

shut up.
2009-09-16, 9:54 PM #17
It feels like 1999 already!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-16, 9:55 PM #18
Well you sure did.
What? You expect me to tell them that it's all roses and happiness over here? You guys would tear the noobs apart.

Flaming you != flaming noobs.
Plenty of noobs have come here and been welcome with open arms.
You have clashed with a lot of massassians for whatever reason, making you the exception, not the rule.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-09-16, 9:56 PM #19
*ahem*.... I'm just amazed there is still an active community for this game.

Kudos to you guys
2009-09-16, 10:13 PM #20
Make yourself at home, Citizen86, want any cake? We have cake. Need coffee? Cream and sugar?
2009-09-16, 10:16 PM #21
How about Tea?
2009-09-16, 10:30 PM #22
Originally posted by Citizen86:
*ahem*.... I'm just amazed there is still an active community for this game.

Kudos to you guys

For a long time now we have stopped being a community for a game, and instead been a... uh... community >_>

The sites origin was because of the game, but the community here was strong enough to survive the very point of the website ceasing to be.
Of course, star wars in general gets more references here then on your average forum, but apart from that, it's pretty regular.

Don't take it to mean we won't enjoy a nostalgic romp down the metal halls, sabre in hand though, because we certainly will =]
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-09-16, 10:31 PM #23
how about a burrito?
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2009-09-16, 10:34 PM #24
Ah well, the fact that the website is still up and looks the same as when I was regularly visiting it is a site to behold in itself. I was actually working on a MP level back in the day, never got it finished up for release though, too bad. I could probably work it up in a day or two now though that I have more experience in that type of thing. It was supposed to be a single large temple, I think I was going for Mayan or Aztec like... area in the middle with stairs on all 4 sides up to the top for an area to duel.

Ah, nostalgia.

And I'll take some decaf please.
2009-09-16, 10:42 PM #25
lol@the post-steam influx
:master::master::master:
2009-09-16, 10:59 PM #26
You know he actually has a point.

A few of you were blatantly dicks in the other thread when he was asking about windows 7 and JK.

And no, there were no threads about windows 7 and JK, just windows vista and JK.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-09-16, 11:20 PM #27
there gonna be any chicks coming?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2009-09-16, 11:35 PM #28
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
there gonna be any chicks coming?

lol

I'm sure there's tons of females interested in Star Wars video games from 1997.
Stuff
2009-09-16, 11:50 PM #29
Originally posted by kyle90:
lol

I'm sure there's tons of females interested in Star Wars video games from 1997.

Vast hordes, to be sure.
woot!
2009-09-17, 12:15 AM #30
Originally posted by Citizen86:
I'm trying to fix my Steam version...

GO AWEH N00B WE HATE YOU AND YOU'RE UGLY
ALSO YOUR MOM

[http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9527/flameanimation.gif]
2009-09-17, 4:48 AM #31
Why everyone's cumming all over their feet over an ancient game being rereleased and expecting to be warped back in time to the "golden years" of 1998-2000 is beyond me, and I think its bloody ridiculous.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-09-17, 4:52 AM #32
Well you're obviously incapable of cumming :D
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2009-09-17, 5:02 AM #33
I just came all over your mom.
2009-09-17, 5:16 AM #34
I went to repay the favour to your mom, but decided fuel station launch is well hotter.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2009-09-17, 5:22 AM #35
My mom is dead. :(
2009-09-17, 5:26 AM #36
No, I don't necessarily think it's possible to return to any haydays, I just thing it'd be wise to have something other than a site that stopped updated in 2007.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-17, 5:43 AM #37
We'd need to find a new focus for the community, not stay hung up on an ancient game!

Its really a miracle Massassi's stayed alive this long in terms of community, degenerate as it may be now ;)
2009-09-17, 6:31 AM #38
Originally posted by JediKirby:
stopped updated

Really?
>>untie shoes
2009-09-17, 6:36 AM #39
Originally posted by Jep:
We'd need to find a new focus for the community, not stay hung up on an ancient game!

Its really a miracle Massassi's stayed alive this long in terms of community, degenerate as it may be now ;)

I thought we are moving on to "Massassi 2.0" sometime later. I see this as a last "hoorah" before the site gets upgraded... unless we are not getting a new site?
2009-09-17, 6:43 AM #40
Maybe when Matty get his finger out his ***.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!