Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anyone else enjoy RISK?
Anyone else enjoy RISK?
2009-09-26, 8:30 AM #41
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
First off, N64 > > > > > > > > 360. *snip*
Besides, N64 had way more smash hits than your turd PC360 has churned out...

(I also own a 360...)

Also a giant chunk of 360 and PS3 games are online multiplayer only, what's with that?
Why online only? Don't they realize playing with a friend next to you is a bragillion times more fun then playing with a random person online?

Also, personally I find risk more boring then monopoly, and only a little less luck based.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-09-26, 8:39 AM #42
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
I never understood how to determine who won a battle based on the dice rolls.... but then its also been about 9 years since I attempted to play Risk.

Amount of dice rolled determines how many guys you can loose. (you need at least 4 guys to roll 3 die)
Defender wins on ties.

Not that that hard.
2009-09-26, 10:50 AM #43
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
diplomacy is way better

Yeah, if you can ever actually get 7 people together in one building to play it for the requisite 12-15 hours.
2009-09-26, 11:16 AM #44
That's what lies and locks are for
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-09-26, 12:22 PM #45
I love RISK. We play every few weeks. Good times. We aren't land grabbers though, rather letting the land cards determine who gets what territories and then building up from there. Occasionally we'll play with mission cards too.

As an aside, has anybody ever actually played Conquest of the Empire? If so, can you explain to me what the difference is in the units besides cost?
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-09-26, 7:35 PM #46
Found a free (knock-off) of Risk:
http://www.worsleyschool.net/socialarts/risk/risk.html

I also played the demo (with limited turns). I think I might go out and buy the game.

I seem to always start the game with a majority control of South America. I've found it to be fairly easy to defend. So I build up a defense against Africa on the eastern front while I concentrate on slowly moving my way into North America.
2009-09-27, 6:11 AM #47
There used to be an awesome Facebook game of Risk (rather called World Conquest), but it broke and was never fixed :(
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-09-27, 9:28 AM #48
I'm terrible at Risk. My only strategy is to find a player worse than me, and go for a suicide attack to take him out of the game first, before being toppled in my weakened state.
:master::master::master:

↑ Up to the top!