Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Google Building Maker
Google Building Maker
2009-10-14, 10:52 AM #41
Wasn't the real issue not the stitching but the ridiculous adjoin overkill?
2009-10-14, 12:23 PM #42
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
Nothing at all. In fact, Gold, you should model your own neighborhood, doing each house individually, and then import them into one file and stitch them together. It will be awesome.

Every house on my block has the exact same design, except some have a metal gate. It would just be matter of copying and pasting my house like 7-8 times. I'd rather just model my house and have it pasted into someone's map.

Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Wasn't the real issue not the stitching but the ridiculous adjoin overkill?

This can be solved easily enough. Maybe we will all cut the surfaces of the boundaries to a certain format to fit the adjoins.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2009-10-14, 1:48 PM #43
Or just use the adjoin limit remover...
DO NOT WANT.
2009-10-15, 2:03 AM #44
Originally posted by Zell:
Or just use the adjoin limit remover...

Unless I'm mistaken, the adjoin limit wasn't the issue - framerate was.
2009-10-15, 7:34 AM #45
Originally posted by Antony:
From now on however the majority of people speak will be considered correct.

Who's doing the considering? Does God waste his time on making moral judgments about English sentences?

"Correct" or "incorrect" isn't inherent in the language itself. Now, an employer might look at your language to decide whether to hire you, so they have a standard for correctness. That essentially has to do with weeding out people of an undesirable social/economic class: people from the lower classes tend to have less education, which means they haven't been taught all the linguistic conventions of the ruling class.

More generally, I want to interact with people who use language more or less the same way that I do. This has to do both with prejudice (using someone's language as a way to distinguish "us" from "them") and with efficient communication (less time wasted on translating).

The point is this: when you say "that's incorrect" about language, what you really mean is "you don't use language the same way I do, so I don't want to talk to you". Which is fine, but it doesn't justify condescension.
2009-10-15, 5:19 PM #46
So, when is this going to be available anywhere other than a few blocks in the heart of downtown S.F........which is already fully modeled?

↑ Up to the top!