Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → America is clearly in post-racial times
America is clearly in post-racial times
2009-10-18, 8:46 PM #41
If you claim to have a black friend, you are racist.

I don't have white friends or black friends. I just have friends. :eng101:

Catch my drift snowflakes?
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-10-18, 8:51 PM #42
Why is it racist to admit that you are capable of identifying that someone is of a particular race?

Why isn't it racist to assume that race and race issues don't matter and will go away if we ignore them long enough?
2009-10-18, 8:56 PM #43
That's like saying "I just see people. I don't see male or female, white or black, tall or short, etc..."

Bull****. How else would you identify people? You have to comprehend physical characteristics of people. It's the way the goddamn human brain works.

That also goes for guys that have hot girlfriends and say they like them for their personality. Maybe 1/100 guys can actually truthfully say that about a hot girlfriend. I used to have a hot girlfriend and I sure as hell didn't like her for her personality. I liked her because she was pretty, had big jugs, and a nice ***.

Now, on the other hand, if you hate someone because of their personality, there's nothing wrong with that. If you hate someone because they are black, you're a racist.

If you identify someone by race (e.g. "I know this black guy named Lawrence"), it's not racist. The person you're talking to could say "Yeah I know a black guy named Lawrence too! Is he tall?" "yes" "holy cow we're talking about the same guy"

There's a difference between being superficial and practical.
>>untie shoes
2009-10-18, 8:57 PM #44
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Yup. And it takes a good, white, American boy to knock the black out of her.

I agree 100% that the subtle discrimination is what's dangerous, though. I hear a lot of white retards talk about how we don't have a culture. We don't have an accent, or "ethnic cuisine." After all, it's not a culture unless you can boil it down to something like Chinatown. We don't see our culture as a "culture," because it's generic. You either live it or you don't. Wear a white shirt and a tie, work 8 hours a day, accept the "generic" Christian symbolism hanging over your head and eat at a restaurant that turns an entire continent of food into a deep fried pastiche.

It's stupid and it's racist.

What do you mean we don't have a culture??

Southern California loves cars, violates as many traffic laws as one can get away with, very consumerist, avg. age and maturity is proportional to the distance from the coast, price of your home is proportional to the distance from the coast, does not speak English but speak: valley girl, surfer/stoner, Marine, and 'hood, oh and "Spanglish." We don't breathe oxygen, we breathe SO[sub]2[/sub], CH[sub]4[/sub], CO, CO[sub]2[/sub]. Success of your relationship depends on the style and taste of your clothing. So yeah! We have a culture!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-10-18, 9:06 PM #45
Originally posted by dalf:
So yeah! We have a culture!
So does Zhejiang. Can I get Zhejiangian food? :P
2009-10-18, 9:09 PM #46
You can in Zhejiang.
2009-10-19, 9:37 AM #47
On topic: I saw this article the other day and threw up a little in my mouth.. seriously, now, America.. seriously.

On thread: I actually find the idea that "white people have no culture, they just steal from everyone" pretty offensive. Sure, there is a lot of adoption/syncretism.. but on the other hand, you've got white people of Russian origin, or German, or French, or Norwegian, or Jewish, or Scottish, or Irish, or.. and don't even try to tell me that those are countries/ethnicities without any history or culture. My best friend is Jewish, and there's gads of culture and history and tradition there alone.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2009-10-19, 9:53 AM #48
I know only one black guy

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/tink2.jpg]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-10-19, 9:57 AM #49
If he's black and gay, you get bonus points.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-10-19, 9:58 AM #50
It's RiViN, Mort.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-10-19, 11:45 AM #51
who?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-10-19, 3:01 PM #52
I thought the only Blacksassian was Ubuu. :eek:
nope.
2009-10-19, 3:22 PM #53
RiViN came before Ubuu, and was funnier.

he left long long time ago.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-10-19, 5:09 PM #54
Rivin is cool, I'll tell him that pic got posted.

↑ Up to the top!