Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Borderlands
Borderlands
2009-10-26, 11:54 AM #41
Who's everyone playing? I was discussing it with people on reddit, and was surprised that more people weren't playing as Mordecai (The Hunter). I'm dominating with sniper rifles right now, and Broodwing is a beast.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-10-26, 12:06 PM #42
I'm playing as Roland (the soldier) for my first time through. The turret he drops has been useful on quite a few occasions. I'm curious to try the other classes though.
2009-10-26, 12:09 PM #43
I've been planning to play the big brawler guy, assuming I ever do play.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-10-26, 12:20 PM #44
It's Call of Duty fighting, Mass Effect shields and health, Diablo 2/WoW item system, head shots kill instantly (mostly, depends on enemy and weapon) and a completely kick *** game. It is nothing like Fallout 3, which had a terrible, terrible FPS system. That was the worst part of that game. Yes, it's fun playing alone. Yes, it's more fun playing split screen with a friend. Yes, it's the most fun playing online with a group of good people. I've already dropped 10-12 hours in the game and am only half way done (doing all side quests and playing with a friend). And thats only halfway done with playthrough 1. Playthrough 2 is a restart with your current level, items, and stats with much tougher enemies and MUCH better loot.

I think soldier is the worst class at least up to level 30. Hunter and Brick (tank) are the strongest right off the bat. I have no experience with the siren (mage). However, I hear that once soldier has enough points to specialize in something (he's a hybrid class, support/infantry/medic) he becomes very strong. I'm playing a 34 hunter right now about to start new game+.

The ONLY bad thing about this game I can find is the vehicle combat, which is only part of 2 quests, and in those quests you don't even have to use them if you don't want to. Instances are tons of fun, the characters are great, it's a very fluid game and engaging game.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2009-10-26, 1:16 PM #45
I finally ordered this...should be here Wednesday. With all the good things I've heard I just couldn't wait to play it.

↑ Up to the top!