Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → hangover food?
hangover food?
2009-11-02, 12:54 PM #41
Originally posted by Martyn:
The nearest I've come to an explanation (based on speculation) is that spirits tend to be more pure than beer, particularly canned beers like Guinness.

According to an uncited portion of a Wikipedia article, this may be true.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-11-02, 1:01 PM #42
Cool. My dad always said things like "there's too many chemical additives in ****e beer. That's what gives you a sore 'ead."
2009-11-02, 1:46 PM #43
Yeah, it's true of liquors like vodka and gin, though not so much for whiskey. As for German beers, they're not purer in any absolute or chemical sense, it's just that they're restricted to using fewer ingredients. In the case of Guinness this wouldn't really matter since the only thing that keeps Guinness from passing the German purity law is that it uses roasted barley in addition to malted barley.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-11-02, 5:31 PM #44
Originally posted by ELITE WARRIOR:
That remedy is for rabies. They use the expression, "eating the hair of the dog that bit you", as an analogy for drinking alcohol to get rid of a hangover -- and an old wivestale that said pulling off the hair of a dog that bit you would cure or protect you from the possibility of rabies.

Umm...yeah. Thanks for explaining the joke. :rolleyes:
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2009-11-02, 5:51 PM #45
Originally posted by Ruthven:
Water
Puke
Water
Puke
Painkillers
Puke
Painkillers
Water
Super Noodles

Hey that's how I do it, too.
>>untie shoes
2009-11-02, 5:56 PM #46
Slice some fresh, juicy tomatoes. Put them in a bowl, add a little salt and grind some fresh pepper over it. And if you think you can stand it, add a little bit of basil or oregano.

Always works for me. It's rehydrating food, especially with the salt, and it's a lot of vitamin C. It's easy on the stomach too.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2009-11-03, 11:37 AM #47
Red Bull. Taurine is supposed to help with hangovers.
:master::master::master:

↑ Up to the top!