Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → good news!
good news!
2009-11-09, 7:54 PM #1
I just finished posting an auction for my WoW account after deleting the game

I feel so free
2009-11-09, 7:55 PM #2
Yeah I suppose you better get geared up for SW: The Old Republic!
2009-11-09, 7:58 PM #3
i know, right?

except i think im done with mmo's
2009-11-09, 8:00 PM #4
I played WoW for three months and quit. Never looked back.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-11-09, 8:01 PM #5
damnit dalf i wish i was you

i have about 150 days played on wow =[
2009-11-09, 8:02 PM #6
I don't understand MMOs... I've played FFXI, Some other one I can't remember, and Neo Steam... they're fun for a couple days, but I get bored of never feeling like I'm making progress.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-11-09, 8:03 PM #7
The only one so far that has really captivated me was Lord of the Rings: Online.., but then college came and that ended. I think I only liked it more because of the lore though.
2009-11-09, 8:04 PM #8
I've heard WoW is addicting, but I've never played it.
2009-11-09, 8:12 PM #9
dont play wow is the best advice no one gave me

D:
2009-11-09, 8:18 PM #10
I bet you go back eventually, people I know find WoW tough to quit. :)
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2009-11-09, 8:20 PM #11
After seeing how addicted I got to EVE-Online I'm frankly terrified to see what an actually fun MMO like WoW would do to me. Hence I've never tried it.
Stuff
2009-11-09, 8:24 PM #12
i used to play super hardcore until about may last year when if i didnt take care of stuff in reall life i wouldn't have been able to graduate and might have gone to jail (long story) and i got back in during the summer, and ive been totally clean for the last 2 weeks and am nailing the coffin shut now
2009-11-09, 8:41 PM #13
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
I don't understand MMOs... I've played FFXI, Some other one I can't remember, and Neo Steam... they're fun for a couple days, but I get bored of never feeling like I'm making progress.

That's why I quit. I got bored and I never felt like I was going anywhere but that magical level of 70 so I can PvP or..whatever.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-11-09, 9:09 PM #14
I am disappointed this was not about Futurama.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-11-09, 9:20 PM #15
The Old Republic is supposed to have a personalized story line for you to follow, and you get your own supporting cast like in KotOR or something. It may help the repetitive nature. I sure hope all the quests aren't the same like in Galaxies.

I've gotten my fill of MMOs just based on trials alone. My most recent attempt was WoW and I quit after 2 days cause I was bored, plus the trial disabled most of the good features anyway so what was the point.

2009-11-09, 9:41 PM #16
Can't believe I forgot to post this...
[http://prostheticallyhip.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/farnsworth.jpg]
2009-11-09, 11:08 PM #17
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
The Old Republic is supposed to have a personalized story line for you to follow, and you get your own supporting cast like in KotOR or something. It may help the repetitive nature. I sure hope all the quests aren't the same like in Galaxies.

I've gotten my fill of MMOs just based on trials alone. My most recent attempt was WoW and I quit after 2 days cause I was bored, plus the trial disabled most of the good features anyway so what was the point.

I'm more pissed that they've turned that into a MMO where I wanted a KotOR III where we have both the Exile and Revan! Typical GL taking the quick and easy path of the dark money side.
2009-11-10, 12:47 AM #18
I might pick up KoToR I and II for my 360 (I think they're original Xbox: is that right?).

They'll be a budget way of keeping me in "new" games when baby comes and eats all my money :D
2009-11-10, 4:03 AM #19
I for one am definately done with MMO's. Like Reid I played WoW for quite a long time, along with EQ2, GuildWars, Warhammer, Age of Conan, LOTRO and a handful more. After a year away from MMO's though, I returned to the scene with AION. I played for about a month until I realized that really, MMO's are just not for me anymore. I used to have plenty of time to devote to them, and these games require a lot of time to be fun. I'm not in a situation when I can do so anymore, and so I want a more involving, visceral and rewarded experience for my limited time. Something with a beginning, middle and end.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-11-10, 4:56 AM #20
I learnt my lesson with Ultima Online, so am quite wary now...
2009-11-10, 5:31 AM #21
i played the WoW trial... got bored on the first day...
had a 10 day trial of SWG... got bored on the first day
made a character and played a bit of EQ2 on my sister's account when she came to visit once... didn't get bored on the first day but couldn't really get into it
have guild wars... don't play it as much as i should
jumped on AO when they decided to make it free... i want my time back
jumped on the offer to play planetside for free (with the level cap at 6) thought it was fun when you could find a good battle going on but not worth paying to play
played a handful of completely free mmos but couldn't really get into any of them

i wonder when they'll get around to trying to make a GTA type game as an MMO
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-11-10, 7:38 AM #22
GTA could never be an MMO... the havoc would ruin the 'game'
2009-11-10, 7:42 AM #23
Actually, look for Crimecraft which was released recently. ANother one is coming out next year. Both are gangster mayhem mmo :P
2009-11-10, 9:09 AM #24
I tried WoW once and I got bored after about a day and a half, Galaxies was crap from the offset.

Only MMO I've played and liked was City of Heroes, and that lost its appeal by the end of the 2 week trial.
nope.
2009-11-10, 9:34 AM #25
Originally posted by Martyn:
I might pick up KoToR I and II for my 360 (I think they're original Xbox: is that right?).

They'll be a budget way of keeping me in "new" games when baby comes and eats all my money :D

I bought them both for the Xbox and they play fine on my 360. I haven't skimmed the Xbox Originals selection in Live for awhile so I don't know if you are referring to them being downloadable or not. KotOR took me awhile to get into but once I did I was hooked. KotORII annoyed me because I was on some station or moon and the objective was to get to the surface of a devastated world but the door I needed to go through for transport wouldn't open even though I had apparantly completed all required objectives. I may try to pick it up again from there to see if I can find my way through or start from scratch which may be best since it has been over two years since last playing.

I think if I was single with no life and no desire to have one I could get into an MMO but I really prefer to story in an SPRPG so maybe not. I actually generally prefer SP in all games but I have had great fun with MP. My biggest problem with actually playing MP is I prefer the more laid back, at your own pace, play style of SP. I'm just not a frantic enough spaz to be very good at MP.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-11-10, 9:42 AM #26
I played Warhammer for a couple months, and liked it initially because it didn't require as big a time commitment as WoW. But the combination of repetitive gameplay, lack and balance and an ever shrinking population killed the game. I wanted to like it, hoped it would get better, but you can't have an MMO with no people.
:master::master::master:
2009-11-10, 9:58 AM #27
Originally posted by Reid:
I just finished posting an auction for my WoW account after deleting the game

I feel so free

Oh no! But how will you waste hours upon hours killing identical NPCs by pushing buttons in order to be a higher number?
2009-11-10, 10:01 AM #28
still playing WoW after 2-3 years, thinking of quitting but at the moment I'm managing my time pretty well and getting everything done so not too bad.

I'm pretty good at just being able to ignore the game when I need to get stuff done and if it wasn't WoW i'd be playing something else (be it MMO, FPS, RPG) till the early hours.

The next expansion will have to be something pretty epic to keep me playing.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2009-11-10, 10:52 AM #29
I just cancelled my account yesterday. I havn't played in over 2 months an wanted to cancel the payment before they drew out for another 3 months.

It just isn't fun anymore, but I may go back.... but probably not.
2009-11-10, 10:53 AM #30
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i wonder when they'll get around to trying to make a GTA type game as an MMO

It was called Auto Assault and was hella fun in beta, but they slowly ruined it as release came closer.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2009-11-10, 11:17 AM #31
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1044697']Oh no! But how will you waste hours upon hours killing identical NPCs by pushing buttons in order to be a higher number?

I'll just have to substitute that with IRL things like sex and friends

>.>
2009-11-10, 11:30 AM #32
Originally posted by Jep:
Actually, look for Crimecraft which was released recently. ANother one is coming out next year. Both are gangster mayhem mmo :P

Crimecraft is not worth it -- I know from personal experience. The other is better, I'm sure, though I don't know with that game.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-11-10, 11:33 AM #33
A Power Rangers MMO would be pretty intense.

Where do you sell WoW accounts anyways? I want to get rid of mine and be free of the beast too.
2009-11-10, 11:35 AM #34
Originally posted by Reid:
I'll just have to substitute that with IRL things like sex and friends

>.>

Pff...That stuff is so overrated.

2009-11-10, 11:36 AM #35
I registered at mmobay.net, it cost 3 dollars to ensure my paypal was real, which is good in my opinion because it helps ensure I'm not going to get screwed over
2009-11-10, 11:38 AM #36
I wonder how much money an account with

1 level 80 (in naxx purple)
4 level 70
and about 10 30-50 alts would be worth
2009-11-10, 11:40 AM #37
Originally posted by Temperamental:
A Power Rangers MMO would be pretty intense.

Where do you sell WoW accounts anyways? I want to get rid of mine and be free of the beast too.

ebay?
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-11-10, 11:42 AM #38
Jep, probably 200 dollars.

Andrea, it's actually against the WoW TOS to sell accounts so doing it on ebay will likely get that account banned.
2009-11-10, 11:43 AM #39
So whos going Repulic with me for SW: TOR? bwahahaha... ha...ha... errr...
2009-11-10, 11:51 AM #40
lame.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.

↑ Up to the top!