Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → good news!
good news!
2009-11-10, 11:34 PM #41
Originally posted by Wookie06:

I think if I was single with no life and no desire to have one I could get into an MMO but I really prefer to story in an SPRPG so maybe not. I actually generally prefer SP in all games but I have had great fun with MP. My biggest problem with actually playing MP is I prefer the more laid back, at your own pace, play style of SP. I'm just not a frantic enough spaz to be very good at MP.

Agreed.

Thanks for the info on the KoTORs too. :)
2009-11-11, 11:25 PM #42
to all of you who said you got bored after one day of any MMO:

So what, you made it to like... lvl 2 or 3? You do realize that by the nature of MMO's you start out with low-power spells and abilities, and relatively short and easy to complete quests. It's your choices whether or not you want to play, but how can you brag about getting bored by a game if you only experienced a very, very, very small percentage of it.

Where would we be if we all decided we didn't want to play Jedi Knight after the first 5 minutes of the first level because the Bryar pistol wasn't exciting?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-11-11, 11:55 PM #43
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:

So what, you made it to like... lvl 2 or 3? You do realize that by the nature of MMO's you start out with low-power spells and abilities, and relatively short and easy to complete quests. It's your choices whether or not you want to play, but how can you brag about getting bored by a game if you only experienced a very, very, very small percentage of it.

Where would we be if we all decided we didn't want to play Jedi Knight after the first 5 minutes of the first level because the Bryar pistol wasn't exciting?

Because in the first 2 minutes, we got stormtrooper rifles!
woot!
2009-11-12, 12:04 AM #44
:facepalm:
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-11-12, 12:06 AM #45
200+ hours to start your true game experience isn't what jedi knight consists of
2009-11-12, 6:36 AM #46

Personally I think the main point of a game should be entertainment rather than a grind: if it doesn't grab your interest within the first couple of hours its probably not going to do it any time later.
nope.
2009-11-12, 7:12 AM #47
I tried EVE once.
IF I can't do anything except stare at rocks for the entire trial period, it sucks.
2009-11-12, 11:25 AM #48

Probably leading much more productive lives.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-11-12, 12:00 PM #49
That's such a stupid argument. It's what "analysts" use to say we lose umpteen billion hours every year to NCAA Final Four. Yes, if we used every single waking moment to devote to world changing endeavors, the world would be a better place. But if I stopped playing WoW, I would spend that time playing COD4. Or reading, or eating, or arguing how much better the Superfriends would have been without Aquaman and Black Manta. Playing WoW and living a productive life are not mutually exclusive.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-11-12, 12:22 PM #50
This just in:
PRODUCTIVE LIFE DIVORCES FISHSTICKZ
[/B][/SIZE]

More on this at fun o'clock
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-11-12, 12:25 PM #51
Originally posted by fishstickz:
That's such a stupid argument. It's what "analysts" use to say we lose umpteen billion hours every year to NCAA Final Four. Yes, if we used every single waking moment to devote to world changing endeavors, the world would be a better place. But if I stopped playing WoW, I would spend that time playing COD4. Or reading, or eating, or arguing how much better the Superfriends would have been without Aquaman and Black Manta. Playing WoW and living a productive life are not mutually exclusive.

I've yet to see proof of that.
nope.
2009-11-12, 7:30 PM #52
Originally posted by fishstickz:

Wow. No sense of humor and overly defensive.

You do realize that my post was a joke about his question about Jedi Knight and that we are all posting on a site originally spawned due to said game, don't you?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-11-12, 8:46 PM #53
Denial is usually considered one of the stages of addiction.
:master::master::master:
2009-11-12, 8:48 PM #54
Originally posted by kyle90:
After seeing how addicted I got to EVE-Online I'm frankly terrified to see what an actually fun MMO like WoW would do to me. Hence I've never tried it.

Are you implying that EVE ONLINE is...not fun? :colbert:
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.

↑ Up to the top!