Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Avatar has the same plot as The Fast And The Furious
Avatar has the same plot as The Fast And The Furious
2009-12-14, 9:32 PM #41
You know I apologize for blowing up. I've been really stressed out lately and I don't have much to look forward to. It just looks like a good time at the movies to me and I don't want anyone to change my mind.
>>untie shoes
2009-12-14, 9:37 PM #42
I accept your apology, but do keep in mind that only one or two people have said the movie will suck, I think it will be quite enjoyable myself.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-12-14, 9:41 PM #43
To me the movie looks positively bland and dull. Not only is it a rehashed story (more like Fern Gully than FatF in my opinion), but the way its told just doesn't look interesting. I think everyone's putting way too much credit behind the director, as if he's incapable of making a bad movie.
2009-12-14, 9:48 PM #44
I don't even know who the director is >_>
2009-12-14, 9:50 PM #45
The T2 guy.
2009-12-14, 9:50 PM #46
Cool Matty's opinion is invalidated because he likes Twilight.
>>untie shoes
2009-12-14, 9:55 PM #47
CM, I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I'll probably sound that way anyways so here it goes:

I haven't seen a bad Cameron movie.

Whatever though. Discussing opinions about media is pretty retarded. Some people hate and some people love the same thing. But there is a difference between a crap movie, and a quarter a billion dollar movie. I want to see that quarter a billion movie because that's just nuts.
2009-12-14, 9:55 PM #48
Originally posted by Deadman:
I don't even know who the director is >_>

The same guy who did Terminator, Terminator 2, Rambo: First Blood Part II, Aliens, The Abyss, True Lies and Titanic.
2009-12-14, 9:58 PM #49
Oh, well I liked T2....
2009-12-14, 9:59 PM #50
Wow man are they gonna make a movie about the private messaging function next
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-12-14, 10:01 PM #51
PM: The Movie.
He has a message, to be delivered personally.
2009-12-14, 10:16 PM #52
Originally posted by Jon`C:
The same guy who did Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens, The Abyss, True Lies and Titanic.

Fixed.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-12-14, 10:23 PM #53
It's actually a relatively well known fact that James Cameron did in fact direct Rambo II, but it has been swept under the rug.
>>untie shoes
2009-12-14, 10:32 PM #54
Rambo II was terrible. James Cameron didn't direct it.
2009-12-14, 10:42 PM #55
Yeah, he did. And he was fired after shooting it. It was then given to an editor to cut together and he was credited as director.
>>untie shoes
2009-12-14, 10:47 PM #56
NO HE DIDN'T

NA NA NA I CANT HEAR YOU

I know he really did it :(
2009-12-14, 11:20 PM #57
i didn't really like titanic... or true lies

so avatar obviously must suck :p
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-12-14, 11:38 PM #58
Originally posted by mb:

The "Metamorphosis" one is great.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2009-12-14, 11:40 PM #59
I liked Fern Gully :D
2009-12-14, 11:45 PM #60
That graph proves Cinderella is christian propaganda!!!
2009-12-14, 11:55 PM #61
Originally posted by Squirrel King:
I haven't seen a bad Cameron movie.

So that's two of us who haven't seen Titanic.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-12-14, 11:57 PM #62
I thought Titanic was actually pretty good.

Some people at work have seen Avatar and they said it was great.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-12-15, 12:33 AM #63
I've heard mostly favourable reviews of Avatar so far. I think perhaps I'll go see it myself and then I'll know if I like it.

But I won't stop anyone who feels like deciding that it is a bad movie prior to actually seeing it, based on the silly "THIS PRODUCT IS HYPED/POPULAR/MAINSTREAM THEREFORE IT SUCKS" mentality.
Stuff
2009-12-15, 3:08 AM #64
Hey guys. Early this year, when Avatar still something of a 'mystery' project, James Cameron said quite honestly that the story was pretty bland and average and the movie was mostly a vessel for all the fancy new CGI techniques they had thought up. He was only talking up how awesome the visuals would look.

Cue James Cameron fap fanboys misinterpreting "This movie will have the best visual effects ever!" as "This movie will be the best movie ever!" Internet argues pointlessly, hyperbole runs rampant. Movie goes on to have a strong opening weekend before ticket sales taper out like every big effects movie, internet moves on to arguing about the next big effects movie.

Circle of life, Scar killed Dumbledore, blahblahblahblahblahblahbl etc
2009-12-15, 4:05 AM #65
There are dancing ice leperchauns on Pluto. They're just so ugly and stupid that the government omited to reveal the discovery of another "sentient" race, because its so god damned depressing how ****ing retarded they are!

More on this at fun o'clock.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-12-15, 4:57 AM #66
Idk, where I work there's a lot of general hate towards Avatar (seeing this on lots of forums too). Yet very few have any grounds for the hate - just that it looks like blockbuster, so it must suck.

I think the movie's being promoted so heavy, and it looks so over the top, its like people want it to fail just to so it fails and they can laugh at it.

Whatever! I'm seeing it on Imax 3d Saturday, so looking forward to it.
2009-12-15, 5:14 AM #67
My friend is obsessed with going to see this in the IMAX... and I'm pretty sure its just going to make its obvious downside, that much bigger.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-12-15, 5:41 AM #68
?!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the biggest draw of the film is its MASSIVE VISUAL EYE CANDY FEAST.

Surely seeing it in 3D AT AN IMAX is the best way to see it's most obvious plus-side... better?
2009-12-15, 5:43 AM #69
I have to wait until I get my contacts before I can see it in 3D :(
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-12-15, 7:04 AM #70
Anthony = James Cameron?

I met the 1st AD of First Blood a few weeks ago, he was a pretty cool guy. I think he mentioned he did something on First Blood 2, works at a prop house in downtown Toronto. I'm going to see if I can get any juicy stories about JC from him next time I go there, I didn't realize he even worked on that film.
2009-12-15, 7:06 AM #71
GUYS TWITLIGHT IS AWESOME.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-12-15, 7:24 AM #72
something something TODOA
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2009-12-15, 9:49 PM #73
Originally posted by Antony:
It's actually a relatively well known fact that James Cameron did in fact direct Rambo II, but it has been swept under the rug.

I assume you mean Piranha II? The movie was actually taken away from him and from what I hear the producer was the one who made the movie terrible, so Cameron has since disowned it. Similar to David Fincher and Alien3.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-12-15, 11:05 PM #74
I want to see it.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-12-16, 6:51 AM #75
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
Idk, where I work there's a lot of general hate towards Avatar (seeing this on lots of forums too). Yet very few have any grounds for the hate - just that it looks like blockbuster, so it must suck.

I think the movie's being promoted so heavy, and it looks so over the top, its like people want it to fail just to so it fails and they can laugh at it.

Whatever! I'm seeing it on Imax 3d Saturday, so looking forward to it.

TDK was overpromoted too, but I didn't hate that.
2009-12-16, 9:37 AM #76
I'm really hoping the ending isn't another "Ewok ending", where the obviously underpowered natives defeat the overpowered invaders. Winged dinosaurs versus a FLYING DEATH LASER CANNON SPACESHIP OF DOOM? I wanna see blue guts all over.

I liked Ninja Assassin's ending soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Machine Gun > Ninja
2009-12-16, 10:09 AM #77
Agreed, Steven, that was :awesome: at the end.
2009-12-16, 10:31 AM #78
Originally posted by Steven:
I'm really hoping the ending isn't another "Ewok ending", where the obviously underpowered natives defeat the overpowered invaders.
But the obviously underpowered natives aren't obviously underpowered...

The entire planet is alive and self-aware. The natives are basically the planet's immune system.
2009-12-16, 10:32 AM #79
Well that's stupid. I hate when stories pull **** like that.
2009-12-16, 10:35 AM #80
I liked it when I read the script, but I don't blame you for thinking it's dumb.

↑ Up to the top!