Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Avatar has the same plot as The Fast And The Furious
Avatar has the same plot as The Fast And The Furious
2009-12-16, 10:55 AM #81
I'm just impressed the leader of the Conservative Party has time to make a movie.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-12-16, 2:51 PM #82
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
TDK was overpromoted too, but I didn't hate that.

I think the circumstances behind the two movies makes it partially different though - Heath Ledger dying, movie was a sequel, movie was based on an established icon, etc.

I guess my comment is more how I think it's because people are starting to associate big blockbusters like they associate movies to Michael Bay. It just seems like its not the norm to be hyped about any blockbuster. Usually people talk down about it before even seeing it "Stupid story, lame actors, just explosions, cliche music, overdrawn and long, pompous, etc"

The biggest comment I'm hearing on Avatar is its the "smurf movie".
2009-12-16, 7:34 PM #83
Sure, people are complaining about the blue people. Sounds kinda stupid, right? We all know the plot to the movie, so let's see how crazy some of James Cameron's other movies sound when you really break it down. Let's pretend you're the studio exec and he's pitching the idea to you.

1. I've got this idea where a robot gets sent back through time to kill a woman because her unborn son is being a real pain in the *** for the robots in the future. The catch is, he sends his best friend back in time to protect his mom.. His best friend shags his mom and turns out to actually be his father. See? Get it, if the robot was never sent back, his best friend wouldn't be sent back and he wouldn't even exist to be a pain in the *** in the future.

2. So get this... I saw this awesome horror movie a few years ago where this monster kills the hell out of everyone on board this space ship. Yeah, I wanna do a sequel but instead of making it horror, it takes place like 200 years afterward and there are a ****load of the monsters and they're fighting against a bunch of marines and the only survivor from the first movie. Oh.. how's she alive.... well she was frozen at the end of the first one, remember... they just thawed her out. Why? Hell I don't know... she's an expert on the monsters.... yeah I know she's only ever seen one... shut up it'll be awesome she fights a really big one in a mech suit at the end.

3. Ok so there's this group of people that work on an oil rig... but it's underwater... I know.. sounds cool. But a submarine sank and so the Navy takes over the oil rig and one of the Navy Seal dudes goes nuts and rigs a nuke to explode and it goes down to the bottom of the ocean so they send a guy down to defuse it and when he's out of magic pink breathing liquid he finds out there's bright colored aliens down there and they save him.

4. Robot movie sequel time! This time the robots in the future send a better robot back to kill the kid because before they sent the first one back the kid captures it in the future and sends it back to protect him... but this new robot is made of liquid metal and it goes back to kill him when he's older.... and it goes back to the exact same time as the one that the kid sent back to protect him... why didn't they just send the better robot to the same time as before? Because there wouldn't be a ****ing movie. Trust me, it'll be good. The robot's like a father figure for the kid. Awesome helicopter chase scene too.

5. I wanna do a romantic comedy. Only instead of regular people pretty much everyone involved is a spy or a terrorist. Awesome chase scene with Arnold on a horse and terrorist on a motorcycle. Trust me.

6. Have you SEEN how popular those teen romance movies are these days? Yeah, but this one takes place on the Titanic. Kind of a star crossed lovers thing. No, the idea does not suck. I get a gut feeling it's gonna be really popular once the word of mouth gets out on this Jack Dawson character.

7. Bright Colored Aliens. Mechs. Dual rotor helicopters. Star crossed lovers. Oh, and I'm shooting this one all in 3d. You guys know I can pull this kind of **** off.

Avatar doesn't sound quite as weird now does it?
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!