Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Buzzed Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Buzzed Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz
2010-10-09, 6:59 PM #1
So it's Saturday night and I think I'm developing depression so it could have been a really bad idea to start drinking on my own. Apparently it wasn't and I feel rather lucid right now. Mr Daniels has reminded me of how much I enjoy drinking.

Anyway, what are you drinking? :P
nope.
2010-10-09, 7:07 PM #2
Tonight, water and the occasional Sierra Mist. I've slowed down on the drinking quite a bit as of late. I just don't like feeling lousy all the time.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-09, 7:19 PM #3
The asian *****es wanted wine and they get hornier than most when drunk. So I delivered, naturally. Too bad wine tastes like ass except for moscato. (This was last night).

Tonight, I'm drinking mango Three Olives vodka. Left overs from last night.
2010-10-09, 7:20 PM #4
Are you seriously trying to say that all wine tastes bad except for one kind?
>>untie shoes
2010-10-09, 7:25 PM #5
I hate to defend Ragna but I dislike most wines that aren't Chardonnays.
nope.
2010-10-09, 7:49 PM #6
I just get bummed when I drink these days, and I never even have a chance to.

I'm not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2010-10-09, 7:50 PM #7
I'm usually bummed and alcohol apparently helps exponentially. That sounds rather bad. :P
nope.
2010-10-09, 8:02 PM #8
I have a bottle of Jack in the kitchen that somebody gave me. I've tried on multiple occasions to enjoy a glass but I simply cannot do it. I gag after my second or third sip. I'll stick to my Hennessey and Cuervo margaritas (extra stiff, blended or on the rocks).

Originally posted by Antony:
Are you seriously trying to say that all wine tastes bad except for one kind?

I can do better: All wine tastes bad except for none kinds.
2010-10-09, 8:09 PM #9
Moscato is so horribly sweet it's hardly wine. It's a real lady's drink.

Try a good rich red one with a plate of cheese or a roasted fish.

I was at a housewarming party tonight. Been drinking beers and red wine.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2010-10-09, 8:14 PM #10
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
I have a bottle of Jack in the kitchen that somebody gave me. I've tried on multiple occasions to enjoy a glass but I simply cannot do it. I gag after my second or third sip. I'll stick to my Hennessey and Cuervo margaritas (extra stiff, blended or on the rocks).

You're not doing it right. Let me help you.

[http://www.lovebscott.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/clear-shot-glass.jpg]
>>untie shoes
2010-10-09, 9:23 PM #11
actually heavy drinking is a great way to avoid depression
:master::master::master:
2010-10-09, 10:22 PM #12
Pot
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2010-10-09, 10:47 PM #13
Who else came in here expecting a vuluvuze thread?
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2010-10-09, 10:50 PM #14
What the hell is a vuluvuze?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out, sorry. Vuvuzela.
Warhead[97]
2010-10-09, 11:21 PM #15
Yeah, that thing.
I got Vuvuzela confused with that Abba song: voulez vous (pronounced voo-la vooz)
2010-10-09, 11:22 PM #16
Yeah, that thing.
I got Vuvuzela confused with that Abba song: voulez vous (pronounced voo-la vooz)
2010-10-09, 11:45 PM #17
Who else came in expecting a Radio Station UVB-76 thread?

Here I made a song.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-10-09, 11:57 PM #18
That sounds quite curious
2010-10-09, 11:58 PM #19
I put some The Buzzer samples in TODOA in hopes they'd make a special commemorative TODOA transmission. You know, like TATIANA 4 OLGA DMITRI 6 OLGA 1 ANDREJ 9 2 5 2 5 2 6 2.

... I'm still waiting. [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/gonk-1.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-10-10, 2:48 AM #20
Originally posted by Deadman:
Who else came in here expecting a vuluvuze thread?

I did.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2010-10-10, 5:32 AM #21
Less buzzed after sleep. **** YOU, sleep.
nope.
2010-10-10, 8:31 AM #22
I have a bottle of Jack in the kitchen that somebody gave me. I've tried on multiple occasions to enjoy a glass but I simply cannot do it. I gag after my second or third sip.

Most whiskeys, unless you pay top dollar (which doesn't include any of the over priced Jack varieties), are not good at all straight. They're also ridiculously sweet so unless you have a real sweet tooth mixing them with cola may not be a good option. A good option, in my opinion, is to mix with lemonade. The tartness of the lemon helps reduce the sweetness. On that note, a slice of lemon or lime when mixing with cola helps a bit. I can also enjoy mixing with a lemon-lime soda. And, no, shots are not the correct way of drinking pretty much anything unless you are still immature or kicking it with your Mexican friends. Then shots of a smooth tequila (read: not what you make margaritas with) are certainly appropriate. Also, store bought margarita mixers are generally garbage.

You're welcome.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-10-10, 8:36 AM #23
Please don't tell me that you'd mix a single malt with a soft drink? :P
nope.
2010-10-10, 8:49 AM #24
As I said above, pretty much all cheap whiskey is garbage by itself. I don't include scotch in that. Even cheap scotch is acceptable on the rocks and of course I would never mix scotch with anything other than ice.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-10-10, 10:33 AM #25
Yesterday I made my first trip down to Freetail Brewing Co. in San Antonio. Got two bottles of their limited-release wild ale Ananke, which I'll be stashing away, and a growler of Joe Peche, a rye wheat beer brewed with peaches, which a friend and I promptly killed when I got back.

Also, they have kickass pizza.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-10-10, 10:41 AM #26
Have 6 bottles of Edelweiss in the fridge. :)
幻術
2010-10-10, 11:41 AM #27
Originally posted by Wookie06:
And, no, shots are not the correct way of drinking pretty much anything unless you are still immature

The vast majority of the adult bargoing folks around the world would beg to differ.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-10, 12:24 PM #28
Agreed, seeing as it isn't 1885. :P

[Edit: With Wookie that is.]
nope.
2010-10-10, 12:31 PM #29
The vast majority of the adult bargoing folks around the world would beg to differ.

Dude, shots are not the proper way to taste anything.

Getting ****ed up, maybe...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-10-10, 1:13 PM #30
Originally posted by Spook:
Dude, shots are not the proper way to taste anything.

Getting ****ed up, maybe...

Yes, but who wants to taste middle range liquor? Unless you're paying out the ass for it, there's no way to do it other than shots.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-10, 2:18 PM #31
Hey Antony is right
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-10-10, 2:39 PM #32

That's pretty cute. Using "the vast majority of the adult bargoing folks" as a basis for an argument against immaturity. And, really, how old are you and how long have you been associated with "the vast majority of the adult bargoing folks"?

2010-10-10, 3:25 PM #33
Yes, but who wants to taste middle range liquor? Unless you're paying out the ass for it, there's no way to do it other than shots.

I don't know man. I would wager that if you're drinking alcohol for any reason other than the taste and mild euphoria, you're immature.

Drinking with the intent to get drunk is called alcohol abuse and it's one of my favorite pastimes. But it isn't mature by any stretch of the imagination.

I think the logic kind of works itself out. If you're willing to shoot ****ty tasting liquor, you're doing it for immature reasons.

Consider also that there are a lot of very affordable bourbons that are sippable.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-10-10, 3:40 PM #34
Oh, I see where you're coming from now, Spook.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-10, 4:33 PM #35
I was also expecting this thread to be about those dreadful vuvuzelas.
2010-10-10, 6:30 PM #36

I also don't really understand this statement. Seems to me that the crappier the liquor, the more reason to mix it. The good stuff is better straight and, by extension, in shots.

2010-10-10, 6:52 PM #37
Yes, if you're drinking something expensive then you should drink it straight, but not by the shot. You know, just sip it. I don't really mix liquors at all, though... But yes I understand the rationale of mixing low end liquor. I just prefer to do shots of it.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-10, 7:24 PM #38
You know, some people like mixing even fine liquors. And I don't just mean with Coke.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-10-10, 7:55 PM #39
I can do better: All wine tastes bad except for none kinds.

Yes sir. Drinking Maker's Mark with throwback Pepsi right now. Yummy.
2010-10-11, 10:17 AM #40
Originally posted by Emon:
You know, some people like mixing even fine liquors. And I don't just mean with Coke.

Of course but I wouldn't encourage people to mix any grade of alcohol and narcotics.

↑ Up to the top!