Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The most effective way to clean your keyboard
The most effective way to clean your keyboard
2010-10-14, 5:54 PM #41
Originally posted by Emon:
Hey Yecti, did you know that most people who are pissed off at a business won't ever bother to file a complaint? That is in no way a good indicator of quality of service.
yeah, when I was still in retail management I was told it was something like 1 in 20 who actually file a complaint. and on average, an event that causes the loss of 1 customer actually ends up losing 4.

Isn't Yecti a code janitor though? What does he know or care about Best Buy's front line service?
2010-10-14, 6:00 PM #42
Originally posted by Jon`C:
yeah, when I was still in retail management I was told it was something like 1 in 20 who actually file a complaint. and on average, an event that causes the loss of 1 customer actually ends up losing 4.

Isn't Yecti a code janitor though? What does he know or care about Best Buy's front line service?

You're absolutely correct, and I'd be an idiot to argue with either you or Emon over the merits of the BBB, but it's at least AN indicator as opposed to meaningless conjecture that "the average consumer is unhappy with Geek Squad"

And I've worn a lot of hats in the 10 years I've worked for Best Buy, from a part time computer sales associate, to a black shirt service technician before Geek Squad, to an in-store Geek Squad agent, to an on-site Geek Squad agent, to a "code janitor" as you mentioned, developing technical trainings for Geek Squad employees, and now I'm an enterprise information security pro.

So I'd wager I know quite a bit about the front-line service techs that work for the organization.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2010-10-14, 6:19 PM #43
Maybe. You're also highly biased and have bought into corporate bull**** and company pride.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-10-14, 6:47 PM #44
Maybe. You're also highly biased and have bought into corporate bull**** and company pride.

I'd argue that you're as equally biased against a large corporation "taking advantage" of consumers when mom and pop shops could do the same thing for less.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2010-10-14, 6:57 PM #45
It's not an inherent problem with large corporations. It's Best Buy specifically making the decision to provide low quality (read: cheap) service and uphold their reputation through marketing.
2010-10-14, 7:34 PM #46
Originally posted by Jon`C:
the bbb is a private corporation that gives the highest ratings to the corporations that pay them the most money. it means dick all.

:tinfoil:
2010-10-14, 8:47 PM #47
Originally posted by IRG SithLord:
:tinfoil:
No, it's completely true. The BBB is a business and their product is credibility.
2010-10-15, 12:26 AM #48
Are there any credible sources to confirm this?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2010-10-15, 12:42 AM #49
uh... any of them? The BBB isn't exactly subtle about who they are or what they do.

What did you think, that they were a branch of the government or something?
2010-10-15, 1:37 AM #50
Geek Squad wouldn't hire me because I didn't have "the right look"

This wasn't at the store, this was at their repair facility here. I was applying for a job to take a part, not fix, TVs.

**** Geek Squad.
2010-10-15, 7:43 AM #51
Originally posted by Rob:

...yeah...about that...
2010-10-15, 8:07 AM #52
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Are there any credible sources to confirm this?

You have to pay a yearly subscription fee to the BBB to use their logo on your website and in advertisements/print. And it's not cheap. Do you really need more sources than that?
2010-10-15, 8:21 AM #53
Originally posted by Rob:

This wasn't at the store, this was at their repair facility here. I was applying for a job to take a part, not fix, TVs.

**** Geek Squad.

back when I was looking for an internship I asked geek squad if they did them and they literlly laughed at me

w/e Im done with school now and I work for a real company probably making double what they make
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2010-10-15, 11:58 AM #54
I can't really imagine wanting to work for the Geek Squad. They seem like a bunch of douchebags.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-15, 12:13 PM #55
oh no
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-10-15, 12:14 PM #56
You'd fit right in.

Hoyooo!
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2010-10-15, 12:32 PM #57
Says the guy who still uses a clan tag.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-15, 12:53 PM #58
OH NO
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-10-15, 12:59 PM #59
OH YEAH

[http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/images/twirkoolaid.jpg]
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-10-15, 2:03 PM #60
sdfsngfsf
Attachment: 24424/kool-aidman.jpg (24,721 bytes)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-10-15, 2:14 PM #61
aw my picture broke :(
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-10-16, 4:36 AM #62
...yeah...about that...

I shaved for that interview, took out my contacts and wore my glasses, and wore a shortsleeve dress shirt with a tie.

I just wanted to get paid to do something I like to do in my spare time. Take **** apart and see what makes it work.
2010-10-16, 9:04 AM #63
Did you have long hair and funny boots
2010-10-16, 1:30 PM #64
or arm socks
2010-10-16, 1:35 PM #65
you probably looked like a geek, Rob, but that's not what they're looking for. They're looking for someone who exudes pure desperation; a man-shaped husk around a living, eternal, piercing cry for trust, responsibility and human contact.

A lifer.

Someone willing to spend their entire professional career getting ****ed by an American retailer.

Would you have been that man, Rob? No.
2010-10-18, 4:44 AM #66
Originally posted by Yecti:
2012 of them were regarding repair issues:

APOCALYPSE!
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!

↑ Up to the top!