Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Why hasn't anyone ported JK to another engine?
Why hasn't anyone ported JK to another engine?
2010-11-01, 7:38 PM #41
Originally posted by Andrew L:
I want to play a game of CTF @ Nar now!!!

Me too.
2010-11-01, 7:59 PM #42
Originally posted by Tibby:
I like where this thread went.
I don't like people who didn't read it at all and suck at reading comprehension, who decided that I wanted to rewrite the damn engine.
Nobody in this thread has ever suggested that you want to rewrite the engine.

Tibby, when I say this I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just being honest: I'm smarter than you and I know more about this idea than you do. Nobody on Massassi has both the skill and the time to make a meaningful contribution to any project of this scale.
2010-11-01, 8:22 PM #43
you're only saying this because most Jedi/SW games have sucked arse in recent years. JK/JO/JA were the last games that were worth playing, FU/FU2 are a bag of hairy balls. if I made a new Star Wars game that was totally immersive, featured cutscenes with actors and decent storyline, you'd forget about JK in a trice. But that wont happen, because G.Lucas has lost the plot, and LucasArts are fags.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2010-11-01, 8:26 PM #44
People seriously still use that as an insult?
2010-11-01, 8:31 PM #45
what is a trice? is that a british word?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-11-01, 10:23 PM #46
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Nobody in this thread has ever suggested that you want to rewrite the engine.

Tibby, when I say this I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just being honest: I'm smarter than you and I know more about this idea than you do. Nobody on Massassi has both the skill and the time to make a meaningful contribution to any project of this scale.

Fiiiiine, be that way.
When I made this I figured It could turn out 2 ways: Silly, or a catalyst to something awesome. Either way something fun happens!
2010-11-01, 10:24 PM #47
Dude, jk is a great game... but it's over, man. It's over!
>>untie shoes
2010-11-01, 10:27 PM #48
Game over man?
(Game over!)
2010-11-01, 11:22 PM #49
Why hasn't anyone ported JK to another engine?

Because you touch yourself at night.

I challenge you Massassi, prove you still have even an ounce of the creative spirit that birthed this place 12 years ago. Anyone in? Or have you all become brain dead over those 12 years? :nonono:

Hay guis I'm gon try 2 gt u to maek mod 4 me by attempting 2 provok u. Bt I wll contridict myslf and nt contribte or strt it LOL! :neckbeard:
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2010-11-02, 1:56 AM #50
Originally posted by Tracer:
Hey, if you need any wicked vibey ambient electronic music let me know, I'm good for it.

I already have a main composer but I'd like to hear some of your stuff out. And I'll be using Per Kristian's amazing Doom covers once again on certain levels. :P

Of course I should get the whole act together as far as the mod is concerned in general... oh, fun!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-11-02, 10:34 AM #51
I thought Nar CTF was kinda too big and confusing. So many different directions you could go. With 2v2 it was too hard to find someone sometimes. With more players there were too many people to find the flag.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2010-11-02, 11:57 AM #52
Originally posted by Veger:
I thought Nar CTF was kinda too big and confusing. So many different directions you could go. With 2v2 it was too hard to find someone sometimes. With more players there were too many people to find the flag.

if you have people who know what they are doing then its super fun

I played a few games last year at nar CTF with someone who loved nar CTF over in #jk... subway I think his name was

super fun stuff!

lets get a game going whos with me!!! :hist101:
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2010-11-02, 12:02 PM #53
Nar CTF with the level unlocked is awesome but way too big. The smaller one is more appropriate.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-11-02, 1:16 PM #54
I wonder what the guy who made it was doing, was he just sorta mucking about with it on his free time adding all this wacky stuff?
2010-11-02, 1:34 PM #55
The large version of The Challenge at Nar Shaddaa (C@NS) begins to feel really small the more & more you play it. Fusion CTF is much larger than C@NS & many of us played 2v2/3v3 in that map for years w/o it feeling too large. C@NS really starts to feel small once you master Rail jumping (or even Concussion Rifle, Mine (Sequence Charges) or Thermal Detonator jumping). That's w/o even mentioning team mine-jumping (you can send your partner soaring across the map w/ 1-30 mines w/o killing her/him). Most JK players were never able to experience CTF at that high of a level.
? :)
2010-11-02, 1:39 PM #56
what is a trice? is that a british word?

Dunno, but it means the same as "in a jiffy".
2010-11-02, 3:57 PM #57
Originally posted by Emon:
Nar CTF with the level unlocked is awesome but way too big. The smaller one is more appropriate.

This is really false. The unlocked portion of the level offers a crucial second path between the bases... one that ends up being less frequently used because it's longer, but it's essential to give the flagger some places to hide during standoffs. And the standoffs are really a large part of what JK CTF was about; you just can't expect it to behave like Halo CTF in that regard.

More importantly, though, the smaller version is critically unbalanced. Gold base has access to a conc rifle on its side of the map, whereas red doesn't. (Red does still have easy access to a rail det, but I've never found those quite as useful for guarding... especially if you guard in tube like I prefer to.)

Also, did the smaller version still include LL? I guess it couldn't have, which would mean that there's a much smaller supply of sequencer charges available as well. (Which may actually be the biggest disadvantage.)

As for getting a game going, I'd certainly be interested. Perhaps if we pick a night a couple days in advance, we could find enough people?
2010-11-02, 4:11 PM #58
Well I only ever played it with like 6 people on the zone, so I'll take your word for it
2010-11-02, 4:19 PM #59
Well, I guess some of us developed a taste for a really particular variety of CTF that most people who only played casually never experienced. I agree that CTF Nar doesn't really work at all for a normal CTF experience, but it's amazing for the style of play we came up with.
2010-11-02, 5:24 PM #60
Emon, you zone n00b.
2010-11-02, 5:26 PM #61
I am down pretty much any night... weekdays are more preferable since I dont go out during the week but I may be able to push some **** back if its on the weekend
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2010-11-02, 6:11 PM #62
Originally posted by Martyn:
Dunno, but it means the same as "in a jiffy".

what's a jiffy? is that some kind of british word?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-11-02, 6:31 PM #63
what's a jiffy? is that some kind of british word?

in a jiffy means fast

jiffy is general i have informed means condom
2010-11-02, 6:42 PM #64
"I'll get that done in a jiffy" = "I'll get that done in a condom" ok, got it.
2010-11-02, 6:43 PM #65
Quote:
jiffy is general i have informed means condom

what
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-11-02, 6:47 PM #66
what

sorry i wasnt paying attention when i was typing, no idea what i was trying to say at all

summary = i have heard jiffy used as a substitute for condom
2010-11-02, 7:30 PM #67
No, he understood you, it just makes no ****ing sense

↑ Up to the top!