Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Yeah, NBC owns "SyFy", right?
Yeah, NBC owns "SyFy", right?
2010-11-07, 9:22 PM #41
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Whatever. I just know that when I look at shows he has created or co-created 2 of the 4 had impressive runs. The others lasted one and two seasons. Kind of silly to say that all of his shows fail and Fox is to blame. Apparently he had a cartoon that wasn't picked up, though. Maybe that's what has you pissed off.

uhm, listen up you colossal re re: Joss Whedon, himself, has said he's done with TV forever because dealing with Fox has literally killed his interest in working with big media. In addition to massive creative changes, Fox deliberately scheduled his new series to follow failing shows (e.g. Sarah Connor Chronicles,) sporting events, and they aired the episodes out of order (or not at all) so nobody who watched his shows had any idea what was going on.

Both of his shows with "impressive runs," as you put it, were produced by the WB - not Fox. Every show he made with Fox failed because Fox wanted it to fail.

This is all information from Joss Whedon. Joss Whedon knows more about Fox than you do, because Joss Whedon is smart and talented and you are not.

Hey Wookie06, you know why people like the Branch Davidians more than they like you? Because when the Branch Davidians drank the kool-aid they shut up and died.
2010-11-07, 9:36 PM #42
Originally posted by Jon`C:
uhm, listen up you colossal re re: Joss Whedon, himself, has said he's done with TV forever because dealing with Fox has literally killed his interest in working with big media. In addition to massive creative changes, Fox deliberately scheduled his new series to follow failing shows (e.g. Sarah Connor Chronicles,) sporting events, and they aired the episodes out of order (or not at all) so nobody who watched his shows had any idea what was going on.

Both of his shows with "impressive runs," as you put it, were produced by the WB - not Fox. Every show he made with Fox failed because Fox wanted it to fail.

This is all information from Joss Whedon. Joss Whedon knows more about Fox than you do, because Joss Whedon is smart and talented and you are not.

Hey Wookie06, you know why people like the Branch Davidians more than they like you? Because when the Branch Davidians drank the kool-aid they shut up and died.

I'm only quoting your entire post because it's possibly the most prime example of drunk posting on your part we'll get here.

Anyway, you blamed fox for all of his shows failing. All of his shows have not failed. On fox, sure, but that's not what you said in the beginning and not what I replied to. To paraphrase Antony, you have retconned your post after the fact.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-07, 9:40 PM #43
I'm only quoting your entire post because it's possibly the most prime example of drunk posting on your part we'll get here.
Stop trolling.
2010-11-07, 9:56 PM #44
Look who's talking. Besides, just re-look the first sentence of that post.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-07, 10:00 PM #45
Look who's talking. Besides, just re-look the first sentence of that post.

Stop trolling.
2010-11-07, 10:39 PM #46
Re-look?
I believe, sir, that you mean "Re-Read"
:smug:
2010-11-07, 10:49 PM #47
re re is an "ironically" retarded way of calling someone retarded.

Not that I should expect an alcoholic semi-retired Republican to be familiar with the modern vernacular.
2010-11-07, 11:10 PM #48
I don't think I've heard "re re" before but I figured it out immediately from context. "You colossal re-read" doesn't make any sense.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-11-07, 11:41 PM #49
I've also never heard that term before, I'm gonna use it now though.
2010-11-08, 12:01 AM #50
I think Jon'C doesn't like Wookie06 very much. However, I can't quite put my finger on what makes me think that. It's more a feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2010-11-08, 12:04 AM #51
I think it's not so much him, but what he represents willingly.
2010-11-08, 4:03 AM #52
That's a very interesting way to put it, Tibby.

But, yeah, I assumed his wording had something to do with "retard". Still, it's horribly worded and not what we've come to expect from JC. I still say best example of drunk posting we're likely to get from him.

And of course I wouldn't be familiar with the modern vernacular of using the word retard in various incarnations. I'm not a member of the camp that draws pleasure from insulting Sarah Palin and her children.

2010-11-08, 6:36 AM #53
I still say best example of drunk posting we're likely to get from him.

Is your head broken? This isn't even funny.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-11-08, 11:51 PM #54
Hey can you tell my why they canceled Caprica?
E: Beyond "People are dumb and didn't watch it"
2010-11-09, 12:01 AM #55
That's the only reason shows ever get canceled: Not enough viewers.

EDIT: Before some jackoff corrects me, yes I know sometimes shows get canceled for other reasons, but I'm being somewhat deliberately obtuse with that statement.
>>untie shoes
2010-11-09, 8:12 AM #56
Maybe I am missing something here, but I don't understand why Jon'C and Wookie06 are "fighting" here. They are pretty much on the same side (i.e. both dislike "Big Media").

As for the show being canceled, I can see why. I love Caprica, but Caprica is just not a show that can appeal to everyone. The general populace are philistines, watching home-remodeling shows and sub-par comedies such as "Two and a Half Men". Unless the show is incredibly stupid, cheap to make, and filled with sex and violence, the series will fail in North America.

Caprica doesn't have enough sex (if any) or violence to continue, and I can imagine that the production costs runs a little higher than full CGI-shows such as Sanctuary or well-established ones such as the Stargate series. HBO has a bad habit of this as well, and it is one reason people are saying that HBO is going to cancel "Game of Thrones" from the A Song of Ice and Fire series of George R. R. Martin.

Of course I admit I know little of the movie/television business, this is just my perspective to people asking why it is being canceled anyways.
2010-11-09, 8:17 AM #57
Originally posted by Jay:
Maybe I am missing something here, but I don't understand why Jon'C and Wookie06 are "fighting" here

Because I think wookie is trying to defend fox, but jonc wont have any of that.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-11-09, 2:58 PM #58
I'm upset about Caprica being canceled too, but it's going a little overboard to call people philistines for not liking the show. It was actually pretty terrible.
2010-11-09, 3:04 PM #59
How was it terrible what
2010-11-09, 3:30 PM #60
Quote:
Caprica doesn't have enough sex (if any) or violence to continue, and I can imagine that the production costs runs a little higher than full CGI-shows such as Sanctuary or well-established ones such as the Stargate series. HBO has a bad habit of this as well, and it is one reason people are saying that HBO is going to cancel "Game of Thrones" from the A Song of Ice and Fire series of George R. R. Martin.

I don't think it's going to be a problem. Martin's series is almost nothing but sex and violence, it should do great on HBO.
2010-11-09, 4:26 PM #61
Not enough violence what?
WHAT.
Atleast once an episode there's brutal ultra-violence, terrorists running around, and at one point a robot slaughtering a room full of guys. The goddamn show starts with a suicide bombing for gods sakes.
2010-11-09, 5:27 PM #62
I agree with Tibby. Plenty of violence, and I swear I saw an episode with communal free-love hippies, so there's at least implied sex there.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-11-09, 7:22 PM #63
Originally posted by zanardi:
Because I think wookie is trying to defend fox, but jonc wont have any of that.

I'm not defending Fox. I just think it's asinine to say that every Whedon show has failed due to Fox. Clearly, every Whedon show has not failed. I don't even think it is fair to say that the Whedon shows on Fox failed due to Fox. I doubt airing an episode or two out of order is what caused Firefly to fail. They put it in a prime time slot and it failed to get ratings. It could be that people were pissed that they canceled Dark Angel and, therefore, tuned away but Firefly just didn't attract people. The name was weird. The characters a little too quirky. It just didn't make for good weekly TV (read: ratings). Firefly, for me, was best enjoyed on DVD.

2010-11-09, 7:24 PM #64
Originally posted by Vornskr:
I'm upset about Caprica being canceled too, but it's going a little overboard to call people philistines for not liking the show. It was actually pretty terrible.

Yeah. I liked the show but it didn't deliver on a weekly basis. A little too much "boring" character development to keep ratings up. Plus, some networks seem to have fallen for this big mid-season break trap and abridged seasons.

2010-11-09, 8:04 PM #65
I'm not defending Fox. I just think it's asinine to say that every Whedon show has failed due to Fox. Clearly, every Whedon show has not failed.

After putting this through my English-to-Wookie translator, I get:

I don't understand what hyperbole is.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-11-09, 8:42 PM #66
Wouldn't that be a Wookie-to-English translator or is that some other rhetorical device that I don't understand?

↑ Up to the top!