Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → College tards drink to much, state bans drinks
College tards drink to much, state bans drinks
2010-11-10, 5:36 PM #1
Linkage: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40101072?gt1=43001

I happen to live in said state and this is all over the news. They banned "caffeinated alcoholic beverages" but I dont know why they dont just ban all alcohol since clearly the drinks themselves are the problems :colbert:
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2010-11-10, 5:41 PM #2
People wont change. Especially idiots in college. Thus banning these becomes the logical alternative.

4loko is ****ing disgusting anyway.
2010-11-10, 6:13 PM #3
The fact that anybody thinks banning these drinks is even remotely logical almost sickens me. Are you being sarcastic?

More nanny state bull**** that will make my blood boil every second I think about it. Let people make their own god damn ****ing decisions!

&@#^$*%#@^%**^@%#*$@#!!!!!!!!
2010-11-10, 6:13 PM #4
Yeah all those drinks blow anyway. Maybe these ********s will learn to drink like real alcoholics.
>>untie shoes
2010-11-10, 6:34 PM #5
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
The fact that anybody thinks banning these drinks is even remotely logical almost sickens me. Are you being sarcastic?

More nanny state bull**** that will make my blood boil every second I think about it. Let people make their own god damn ****ing decisions!

&@#^$*%#@^%**^@%#*$@#!!!!!!!!

No I'm being serious. That way if I ever say, break my arm, my chances of having to wait because some retard had a seizure due to drinking 10 cans of that crap, decreases significantly. Let them regulate it.

Who cares? So long as they don't touch my jamo..
2010-11-10, 6:46 PM #6
Sooo....no more irish coffees? **** your state.
Warhead[97]
2010-11-10, 6:58 PM #7
They took the failure of both liquor privatization initiatives as a mandate to make more stupid liquor laws.
2010-11-10, 7:02 PM #8
I have pondered this issue for 1.8 seconds. I think we should instate a drinking age of 25 for college students. College students go crazy because they finally got away from home. We should maintain the current drinking age, or even lower it, for non-college students. The reason they failed to go to college is that they did all the crazy **** while they were in high school, couldn't qualify or afford to go to college, and are now gainfully employed in menial manual labor positions and are more likely to smoke than drink heavily anyway.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-10, 7:05 PM #9
Originally posted by Wookie06:
I have pondered this issue for 1.8 seconds.

It shows.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-11-10, 7:07 PM #10
I didn't realise alcoholic energy drinks existed.

[Things like Irish Coffees and Jagerbombs don't count, right?]
nope.
2010-11-10, 7:18 PM #11
I'm sure it only applies to canned stuff...probably. I didn't read the article. But they can't stop me from combining whiskey and coffee in my house! Well, they REALLY can't because I don't live there, but you get what I mean.
Warhead[97]
2010-11-10, 7:59 PM #12
Originally posted by Emon:
It shows.

You completely missed a "so, more thought than usual" joke there.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-11-10, 8:38 PM #13
I have pondered this issue for 1.8 seconds. I think we should instate a drinking age of 25 for college students. College students go crazy because they finally got away from home. We should maintain the current drinking age, or even lower it, for non-college students. The reason they failed to go to college is that they did all the crazy **** while they were in high school, couldn't qualify or afford to go to college, and are now gainfully employed in menial manual labor positions and are more likely to smoke than drink heavily anyway.

Wrong.

I got all that out of my system IN high school and now really don't have a desire to do it now that I'm in college. Lower the drinking age all around I say.
2010-11-10, 9:17 PM #14
Originally posted by Wolfy:
You completely missed a "so, more thought than usual" joke there.

Emon is far too consumed by his misconceptions to get many of my jokes. If I bother to explain any of them he just calls that a "backpedal". Either that or he "backpedals" and says he got it but it wasn't funny.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-10, 9:37 PM #15
Misconceptions? Says the guy who holds it as a character flaw to not think critically and challenge his own beliefs.

You're an intellectual disgrace.
2010-11-10, 9:50 PM #16
I love these drinks. I drink a Joose or Four-Loko as a pre-party drink before I go to a club or party and start the real drinking. It's a great way to begin the night. Granted, I'm 6'1" and I weigh 185 lbs so it doesn't make me pass out.. but yeah.

My girlfriend will typically have about a half a can and she's good to go, any more than that and she becomes :downs:
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2010-11-10, 10:04 PM #17
Damn, what ever will people do with out these magical concoctions that combine alcohol and energy drinks when they need energy while they're drinking? It's not as if one could simply buy alcohol and energy drinks separately and combine them. It's a good thing we have state alcohol boards doing such an amazing job looking out for the well being of their citizens!
Pissed Off?
2010-11-10, 10:24 PM #18
I'm a little concerned that the focus is on the combination of caffeine and alcohol (without, as far as I can tell, any concern for the relative levels of the two). I don't want to see masterpieces of beer like Speedway Stout or Founders Breakfast Stout, both of which are brewed with coffee and are far too expensive for your average college student to get hospitalized on, getting banned because some idiots bought some 12% ABV/24 oz./$2 cans and suffered the logical and probable consequences thereof.

Also, someone got taken to the hospital at 0.123? That's pretty ****ing embarrassing.

Emon is far too consumed by his misconceptions to get many of my jokes. If I bother to explain any of them he just calls that a "backpedal". Either that or he "backpedals" and says he got it but it wasn't funny.

Hey, moron. Wolfy wasn't pointing out one of your jokes that Emon missed. He was pointing out that Emon could have made a better joke at your expense.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-11-11, 2:17 AM #19
Yeah I missed the part about someone getting hospitalized with a .12. That's hilarious.

I blew a .27 one night and got up and went to work the next day. (the bar had a breathalyzer)
>>untie shoes
2010-11-11, 4:29 AM #20
.12 is barely over the legal limit, jeez
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2010-11-11, 6:18 AM #21
I say let natural selection do it's work.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2010-11-11, 6:35 AM #22
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I didn't realise alcoholic energy drinks existed.

[Things like Irish Coffees and Jagerbombs don't count, right?]

Pretty much every alcopop has caffeine in.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2010-11-11, 7:12 AM #23
I'm not surprised by this at all, been hearing about it for weeks now.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-11-11, 7:27 AM #24
Originally posted by Detty:
Pretty much every alcopop has caffeine in.

I don't drink them. :P
nope.
2010-11-11, 7:56 AM #25
Captain Coke is the greatest drink ever conceived.

All this is is prohibition some more. It didn't work in the twenties. It doesn't work now with drugs. What makes them think this will do a damn thing? Not only is it wrong, it's entirely ineffective.
2010-11-11, 8:07 AM #26
No, not captain & coke. Jack & coke.
2010-11-11, 8:08 AM #27
Because there are so many people selling this Four stuff in alleys and speakeasys? :P
nope.
2010-11-11, 8:26 AM #28
I smell a business opportunity.
2010-11-11, 8:39 AM #29
Originally posted by Emon:
You're an intellectual disgrace.

Intellectual disgrace to what? Generally, I am intellectually superior to my peers. Seems to me that would make me an intellectual credit.

2010-11-11, 8:43 AM #30
You think so, but can't tell that you're really not.
2010-11-11, 8:52 AM #31
Originally posted by x25064:
People wont change. Especially idiots in college. Thus banning these becomes the logical alternative.

and thus me starting up a four loco running franchise is also a logical choice!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2010-11-11, 10:03 AM #32
Can we have one thread that doesn't turn into a pissing contest between Wookie06 and Emon please?
2010-11-11, 10:19 AM #33
Originally posted by Antony:
Yeah I missed the part about someone getting hospitalized with a .12. That's hilarious.

I blew a .27 one night and got up and went to work the next day. (the bar had a breathalyzer)

Those aren't the most accurate things ever...even the cheap little portable ones that we have are still occasionally tested by the state lab and they're not consistent with the Intoxilyzer 5000EN that we use for important stuff.

Hospital at .123 is pretty sad, but there very well may have been other circumstances - bring someone who doesn't drink up to a .12 and they're going to be more messed up than you might expect.

This is not an isolated issue, either:
Four Loko Banned: New Jersey's Ramapo College Bans Four Loko
Lebanon Valley College bans Four Loko alcoholic energy drink
Sanders wants to ban Four Loko alcoholic drink
Four Loko under fire again as Sen. Chuck Schumer calls for New York ban on 'Blackout-in-a-can'
woot!
2010-11-11, 10:24 AM #34
I was given about 45 minutes to sober up before the breathalyzer was administered when I was picked up for a DUI. I still blew a .11. The cop told me my driving was fine; I was pulled over for my license plate light being out, hah. But for serial, don't drive drunk.
2010-11-11, 10:25 AM #35
Originally posted by Roger Spruce:
I was given about 45 minutes to sober up before the breathalyzer was administered when I was picked up for a DUI. I still blew a .11. The cop told me my driving was fine; I was pulled over for my license plate light being out, hah. But for serial, don't drive drunk.

From a .11 it will take the average person approximately seven hours to be back to 0.00.
woot!
2010-11-11, 10:27 AM #36
What I meant was it was probably higher, but because they waited until I was back at the station it was only a .11. It also took them a few tries for it to work correctly.
2010-11-11, 10:38 AM #37
Originally posted by Roger Spruce:
What I meant was it was probably higher, but because they waited until I was back at the station it was only a .11. It also took them a few tries for it to work correctly.

Ah, yeah. We have to wait for 20 minutes here to make sure no hands/etc go in the guy's mouth to avoid any argument of mouth alcohol contaminating the results...it takes a few minutes to enter data in the machine, but you have to stop at the last entry screen because if you finish entering everything, the machine will time out well before your 20 minutes...I did that last time and ended up waiting like 25 or 27 minutes instead. Oh well. :P

I'm not at all surprised that your driving appeared fine..especially for an experienced drinker, .11 is nothing. The best I've seen in person was walking and talking at .36...saw .5+ but he was comatose with no eye reflex or anything.
woot!
2010-11-11, 11:06 AM #38
To all you ****s who drink and then drive a car, **** you. It's moron *******s like you that killed my uncle and you should all rot in prison for the rest of your lives.
2010-11-11, 11:54 AM #39
Well that's too bad that your uncle died because of a drunk driver but I'm not the guy that killed him. I didn't kill anybody. I ****ed up by driving drunk and I paid the consequences, and since the incident I rarely drink at all. Clearly you have a flawed idea of what the prison system is for because locking up every person charged with a DUI would be a complete and utter waster of taxpayer money.
2010-11-11, 12:10 PM #40
We should maintain the current drinking age, or even lower it, for non-college students.

I never really understood that American can't-drink-till-you're-21 thing. Both in Hungary and in Russia, the official drinking age is 18 (in Russia, sometimes 4). That being the case, nobody ever really gives a **** unless you're 10 or something. :)
幻術

↑ Up to the top!