Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → College tards drink to much, state bans drinks
College tards drink to much, state bans drinks
2010-11-11, 12:33 PM #41
Originally posted by Koobie:
I never really understood that American can't-drink-till-you're-21 thing. Both in Hungary and in Russia, the official drinking age is 18 (in Russia, sometimes 4). That being the case, nobody ever really gives a **** unless you're 10 or something. :)

I'd have a lot less paperwork if they'd drop it to 18... :P
woot!
2010-11-11, 12:53 PM #42
I never really understood that American can't-drink-till-you're-21 thing. Both in Hungary and in Russia, the official drinking age is 18 (in Russia, sometimes 4). That being the case, nobody ever really gives a **** unless you're 10 or something. :)

Probably because in Europe we don't have hordes of downwitheverything soccer moms.
nope.
2010-11-11, 1:31 PM #43

Yeah, kinda sad that at 18 you are old enough to die for your country but not old enough to buy a beer :)
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-11-11, 1:53 PM #44
Originally posted by Emon:
You think so, but can't tell that you're really not.

No, really. Let's face it, I've spent over twenty years associating primarily with under-educated enlisted soldiers and now with skilled and unskilled laborers. Most relatively low brow types. Then again, I do associate with my wife's friends, all pretty much PhDs but they're also all hispanic so maybe they rate lower as well.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-11, 1:53 PM #45
Originally posted by Wookie06:
No, really. Let's face it, I've spent over twenty years associating primarily with under-educated enlisted soldiers and now with skilled and unskilled laborers. Most relatively low brow types. Then again, I do associate with my wife's friends, all pretty much PhDs but they're also all hispanic so maybe they rate lower as well.

but not as low as the dutch
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-11-11, 3:18 PM #46

Basically it's because the federal government strong arms states to bend to their will. When states don't enforce federal standards their federal funding is reduced. That's one of the idiotic things about our tax structure in general.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-11, 3:44 PM #47
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
and thus me starting up a four loco running franchise is also a logical choice!

If you do..... I want in :ninja:

↑ Up to the top!