Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What are your self-identified bad character traits?
What are your self-identified bad character traits?
2010-11-11, 11:43 AM #1
We all think we're so good... But lets take a step back for a moment of self-criticism.

For example, mine would be arrogance and ambitiousness. I tend to think that I've achieved quite a lot in my 23 almost 24 years (even though I know that some people had achieved SO MUCH MORE by that age)... I don't really react well to ignorance of subjects that people should know and understand (I'm talking about work here, wink, wink), and so forth.

I mean, come on, I'm a manager working for ex-Phase Forward now-Oracle (as a contractor, though, so maybe that's not saying much), and most of my teammates with maybe 1 exception are all 3 to 6 years older than me. And 95% of them have a higher education... Which I, unfortunately, do not (though planning as **** to get, hopefully will manage to enroll to an English Language and Literature faculty [as I've quit on my second year of Russian Language & Literature about 3 or 4 years ago] if I find some way to pay for that).

And ambitiousness because I have a strong belief that I will achieve great success by putting a lot of hard work in things I enjoy doing best: writing fiction, work, and kickboxing (precisely in the order of importance).

So yeah, I'm an arrogant son-of-a-*****, basically. :D

What about you guys?
幻術
2010-11-11, 11:44 AM #2
I'm not totally sober, so please excuse all semantic and grammatical mistakes in the previous post on that fact.
幻術
2010-11-11, 11:47 AM #3
I'm a a know-it-all... Kind of a smart ass. I have a sense of humor that few people understand, which tends to make people think I'm weird. I'm sometimes self-centered. I'm terrible at self-motivating. Jeez, I could keep going..
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-11-11, 11:52 AM #4
Oh, and also, I tend to talk alot. :D

And Sarn, tell a joke, or it didn't happen.
幻術
2010-11-11, 11:54 AM #5
I have no bad traits. I'm beyond perfect. :cool:
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2010-11-11, 11:54 AM #6
People tend to see me as a bit of an ass. Primarily because I tend to crush their spirits with the reality that is life. I over analyze just about everything, and this probably prevents me from experiencing a lot of things. I'm also exceptionally bitter towards people who take for granted going to college, whether or not they're paying for it or not...

Hearing someone say "College sucks" makes me want to punch them in the face, and take their place. But that's an entirely different rant.

I'm also not good with young children. Typically under the age of 3 and I get a bit uncomfortable. The younger they are, the worse I am.

There's probably more, but oh well.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2010-11-11, 11:57 AM #7
So lazy I can't even finis
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2010-11-11, 12:21 PM #8
I have another one for you, Koobie: you fail at introspection.

This isn't a ****ing interview where you're trying to spin your negatives into positives... and when was ambitiousness ever a bad thing?

My bad qualities are that I'm too smart and driven. Haha, I guess that means I'm arrogant, lol.
2010-11-11, 12:23 PM #9
My number one bad character trait is easily avarice. I literally have a small box in my room full of 1 oz silver coins. It is the beginnings of my schrooge McDuck style money bin.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2010-11-11, 12:24 PM #10
I'm aggressive and too sarcastic for my own good.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2010-11-11, 12:34 PM #11
- I'm not smart enough to justify being a loner, ie I don't spend all my alone time invested in creative or intellectual pusuits.
- I resent people who live a fulfilling life, this causes a noticeable build of of adrenaline and basically results in me being dismissive of the things that other people enjoy. Or I resent people who are better at things than me.
- I find it difficult to care about things that don't directly affect me.
- I have high expectations of myself and I get depressed when I don't meet them, sometimes I have similar expectations of other people. This means I'm not much fun to work with.
- I have serious anxiety about things that are out of my control, or out of my comfort zone.

I didn't used to be like this, and I want to fix it.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2010-11-11, 12:34 PM #12
I am lazy and non committal. I seriously lack conscientiousness and lack the ability to do what even I want to do.

I think it's funny to be an ******* to other people.

I know that I'm better looking than everyone else.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-11-11, 1:35 PM #13
Originally posted by Detty:
I didn't used to be like this, and I want to fix it.

Here, check this thread out: http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=57905

You're welcome. :P

OK, I didn't actually know you posted in that thread in pretty much the same vein before I typed up the above. :)
幻術
2010-11-11, 2:22 PM #14
Even though you were joking, I have to interject because oftentimes I feel the same way as Detty and I do medicate with marijuana. It doesn't always help and can actually make the situation worse by masking the issue. By this I mean smoking pot doesn't make my problems disappear. It makes me not give a ****. The problems are still there and are growing because they're not being dealt with.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2010-11-11, 3:17 PM #15
Don't even get me started.
Warhead[97]
2010-11-11, 3:24 PM #16
I'm a little too awesome.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-11-11, 4:19 PM #17
- Very lazy, hard to get things done unless I'm more motivated than usual for whatever reason
- Lack of direction because I'm unable to set myself to do something and keep at it, when it comes to most things
- Avoiding responsibility, I hate anything being a burden or just the feeling that there's something I must do or else something fails
- Addictive, I get addicted to things and also feel dependent on people quite easily
- Neurotic, this covers so many things that I won't get into them, though this isn't too extreme and there's things I actually feel I'm less neurotic about than a lot of people
- Some portion of my confidence still revolves around and fluctuates according to feedback from people, regardless of what kind of people I receive that feedback from...this has improved quite a bit from my younger years, though
- I may wait for someone to contact me to test whether they're still interested in associating with me, looking back I think some of my friends have been perhaps undeservedly loyal when I was being inactive about contacting them first

There's some things that come to mind. You could base all sorts of psychoanalytical theories (or hypotheses anyway) of me on this data alone, I bet!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-11-11, 4:42 PM #18
I'm a know-it-all and constantly need to be right...or at least correct people when they're wrong. >_>
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2010-11-11, 4:49 PM #19
You're all normal. Get over it.
2010-11-11, 4:53 PM #20
We may be normal but you're definitely an *******.

I'm mildly narcissistic and sadistic.
2010-11-11, 6:23 PM #21
Oh good, now I don't need post calling myself an *******. Whatever that is.
2010-11-11, 8:00 PM #22
I'm pretty much worthless.
My blawgh.
2010-11-11, 8:51 PM #23
Originally posted by JM:
You're all normal. Get over it.

Oh God, normal?! THAT'S THE WORST TRAIT OF ALL!
2010-11-12, 4:56 PM #24
Complete lack of conscience, tact, and decency. I either offend or outright murder everyone I encounter, and irreversibly corrupt any children I allow to survive. I effect the collapse of any organisation or institution I become involved with. I knowingly side with the guilty party in any conflict and do everything I can to enable corrupt behaviour and empower corrupt individuals.
I'm just a little boy.
2010-11-12, 5:51 PM #25
omg that sounds like my mass effect 2 character lololololol
2010-11-12, 6:02 PM #26
i'm canadian
Attachment: 24470/Bob-and-Doug-Mackenzie.jpg (30,405 bytes)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-11-12, 6:44 PM #27
I'm awesome.
>>untie shoes
2010-11-12, 6:46 PM #28
Originally posted by Tracer:
i'm canadian

hey hoser
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-11-12, 6:56 PM #29
Take off, Emon.
2010-11-12, 8:28 PM #30
I'm still 12 years old.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2010-11-12, 8:30 PM #31
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
I'm still 12 years old.

Hey, little boy

Wanna see a dead body?
I'm just a little boy.
2010-11-12, 8:34 PM #32
dude im totally mature n **** ive alredy seen liek 2 dead bodies today

- Zloc, circa 8 years ago
I had a blog. It sucked.
2010-11-13, 1:13 AM #33
I'm smart enough not to give you cretins any ammo.

On a lighter note, JM always knows how to make me laugh. It's true, you know.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2010-11-13, 8:48 AM #34
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
I'm a little too awesome.

Same here.
2010-11-13, 10:19 AM #35
God damnit Freelancer stop that. You're name isn't Deschanel, stop trying to suck my dick.
2010-11-14, 12:17 AM #36
Originally posted by Detty:
- I'm not smart enough to justify being a loner, ie I don't spend all my alone time invested in creative or intellectual pusuits.
- I resent people who live a fulfilling life, this causes a noticeable build of of adrenaline and basically results in me being dismissive of the things that other people enjoy. Or I resent people who are better at things than me.
- I find it difficult to care about things that don't directly affect me.
- I have high expectations of myself and I get depressed when I don't meet them, sometimes I have similar expectations of other people. This means I'm not much fun to work with.
- I have serious anxiety about things that are out of my control, or out of my comfort zone.

same here

I also touch children.

But hey, nobody's a saint.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2010-11-14, 12:19 AM #37
I'm lazy, have no drive in life, and procrastinate.
2010-11-14, 1:11 AM #38
Originally posted by JM:
God damnit Freelancer stop that. You're name isn't Deschanel, stop trying to suck my dick.

Oh, you. *girly hand wave*
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2010-11-14, 1:50 AM #39
I am hasty.
2010-11-14, 2:33 AM #40
8th dwarf? A victim of Hungry before he died?

↑ Up to the top!