Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Why doesnt Massassi
Why doesnt Massassi
2010-12-04, 1:07 AM #1
have a Minecraft server?

o.0
2010-12-04, 1:26 AM #2
Because it'd be down all the time, anyways.
2010-12-04, 1:40 AM #3
I have a spare 6 gig dual core I use as a file/media/print server. I could start a minecraft server but im way to lazy to set it up unless someone links me an idiot proof guide.
2010-12-04, 1:55 AM #4
please tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed that minecraft is getting worse
2010-12-04, 2:06 AM #5
You are pretty much scientifically wrong. I love biomes.
2010-12-04, 2:14 AM #6
I don't play minecraft, but I've seen tutorial videos.

how can it get worse?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2010-12-04, 2:45 AM #7
It's a lot buggier than it used to be. There are also a lot of features left half-implemented and then abandoned in favor of developing new features that nobody really wants. It's honestly one of the most poorly managed and implemented software projects I've seen, even by indie standards.

It's worse because it's not even an original idea - it's a clone of Infiniminer.
2010-12-04, 2:46 AM #8
And yet I still dump hours of my life into it.
2010-12-04, 3:09 AM #9
You'd dump hours of your life into anything if goons told you to.
2010-12-04, 3:35 AM #10
Originally posted by Jon`C:
please tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed that minecraft is getting worse

I don't think he knew what he had.

We'd have to make a Massassi temple.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-12-04, 5:10 AM #11
You think it's bad, just be glad you never had to see Notch's code.
2010-12-04, 6:41 AM #12
The nether kinda blows. There's.. nothing there. And if you go there on a non-peaceful setting, you're just going to get blown to smithereens.

Biomes would be pretty cool if he'd scale them up by a factor of about 10. Other than that, the game has really stagnated for some time and regressed in some areas.

Also, trees no longer drop leaves.. why? Based on the frequency that completely random bugs are introduced, I can just imagine the tangle of code behind Minecraft.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2010-12-04, 6:52 AM #13
I'm all for a Massassi Minecraft server if it is occupied by one guy: Tibby.

Tibby would be locked in a room with no windows and one light source for 3 years. In the middle of this room would be a table with a computer on its surface. On this computer will be Minecraft as the only program allowed to operate. It would be the only means for him to communicate with the outside world. For these 3 years, Tibby would roam and build in the Minecraft universe to stay sane, and the members of Massassi will watch his actions but won't interact with him. No man can stay sane in such conditions. As a result, the creations in Tibby's Minecraft outlet would be digital manifestations of his growing madness.

Of course, sustenance for Tibby will be an issue in this isolated cell, and nourishment would be provided through a plastic tube that descends from the ceiling. The tube will be covered with multicolored glitter so Tibby will instinctively suck on it.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2010-12-04, 8:49 AM #14
I've got to agree with Jon`C. He's tried to add too much depth in too short a time. And the fact that the Halloween update kinda my system's ability to play Minecraft just ruined it for me. But I'd probably play occasionally if I could get on at a friends house.

The game, for me, peaked right about the time he added in SMP.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2010-12-04, 10:01 AM #15
Originally posted by Jon`C:
It's a lot buggier than it used to be. There are also a lot of features left half-implemented and then abandoned in favor of developing new features that nobody really wants. It's honestly one of the most poorly managed and implemented software projects I've seen, even by indie standards.

It's worse because it's not even an original idea - it's a clone of Infiniminer.

This was true for a while, but the last two updates seemed to have fixed a lot of the bugs.
2010-12-04, 11:36 AM #16
A lot of the issues I think were caused by him succumbing to pressure by idiots demanding more features. So he rushed the features/halloween update out to appease them, and has done little else but triage since. But he has done quite a few major bugfixes, one after the other recently.

All in all though, I actually really enjoyed the game. It's never crashed on me, I only encountered one truly bad bug, and I think it was worth the money.

ITT people hate on a game's code because it's cool to do so.

EDIT: That said, I wouldn't play SMP until it is feature complete with SP.
2010-12-04, 12:36 PM #17
It's nearly beta by the way, again, so if you still don't own it now would be the time.
2010-12-04, 1:17 PM #18
Originally posted by DSettahr:
This was true for a while, but the last two updates seemed to have fixed a lot of the bugs.

Do leaves decay yet? Because that was easily the most annoying bug.

Originally posted by Cool Matty:
All in all though, I actually really enjoyed the game. It's never crashed on me, I only encountered one truly bad bug, and I think it was worth the money.

Oh, I definitely got my money's worth out of minecraft. But notch really is a ****ty coder.
2010-12-04, 1:34 PM #19
He fixed leaf decay, and then rolled it back because it broke everything else.
Three times.
2010-12-04, 1:39 PM #20
Am I the only person who remembers Blockland?
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2010-12-04, 1:40 PM #21
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-12-04, 1:42 PM #22
Leaf Decay is an annoying bug, but it hardly "breaks" the game. Just set the leaves on fire (make sure there's no other trees nearby)
2010-12-04, 1:45 PM #23
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Wrong color :tfti:
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2010-12-04, 1:46 PM #24
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrsad.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-12-04, 3:06 PM #25
Originally posted by DSettahr:
Leaf Decay is an annoying bug, but it hardly "breaks" the game. Just set the leaves on fire (make sure there's no other trees nearby)

It's annoying, it wastes additional resources, it doesn't drop saplings, it's dangerous, etc.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2010-12-04, 4:31 PM #26
Originally posted by Freelancer:
It's annoying, it wastes additional resources, it doesn't drop saplings, it's dangerous, etc.

That pretty much sums up Minecraft in general.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2010-12-04, 5:45 PM #27
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
EDIT: That said, I wouldn't play SMP until it is feature complete with SP.

I don't play a lot because of that. But SP is terribly boring to me. SMP is great for building stuff. I generally play on a server where I can spawn my own materials though.

o.0
2010-12-04, 6:16 PM #28
Originally posted by Veger:
I don't play minecraft, but I've seen tutorial videos.

how can it get worse?

It could become possible to tell what's going on.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-12-04, 6:56 PM #29
Originally posted by Freelancer:

I don't recall saplings being dropped with leaf decay, either. Were they?
2010-12-04, 7:14 PM #30
Yes.
2010-12-04, 7:46 PM #31
Yes, they were.
2010-12-04, 9:42 PM #32
The chance is low, though (just as it is for breaking them yourself). A regular sized tree will usually drop 1-3 saplings.
2010-12-04, 10:10 PM #33
Quote:
Notch used to frequent a gamedev irc channel I blow huge amounts of time in. He shared code. It really is that awful. Seems like all the best games have horribly written code.

Then he hit it big and never came back.
2010-12-04, 10:31 PM #34
Maybe that's the problem. All of you care too much about your code :P
2010-12-04, 10:36 PM #35
MINECRAFT IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2010-12-04, 10:39 PM #36
Hell yeah man. When a creeper kills you and you lose diamonds, it's like losing REAL MONEY.
2010-12-04, 10:41 PM #37
Originally posted by landfish:
MINECRAFT IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

QTF
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2010-12-05, 6:01 AM #38
Originally posted by genk:
QTF

Quoted tor fruth?
nope.
2010-12-05, 7:36 AM #39
Originally posted by Alan:
Am I the only person who remembers Blockland?

I tried to get my girlfriend to play Blockland with me, she said it was stupid.

Girls are dumb :(
I had a blog. It sucked.
2010-12-05, 7:49 AM #40
Man, based on opinions here and at Something Awful, it sounds like there's a lot of nerd rage on the internet because Notch has managed to make himself a millionaire even though he's a crappy coder.

↑ Up to the top!